Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Real shame the Templar did not go down in points. I heard several times it was 440 now.

My current list I am looking at is:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Heroes
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows

Units
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
4 x Fulminators (480)

Total: 1700/2000

That 300 points was going to be a set of Palladors and Javelin Prosecutors, but as I said before not sure on the latter at their new points, and not sold on the former (at the very least not as a group of 3 and lacking a LA).

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Would dropping the relictor and adding vandus do any good ? Consummate commander and you'll get to buff the dracoths and be annoying with aquillor haha I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea, but I wouldn't go for it for 2 reason: a) I'm not a fan of Vandus (I run my self-made Stormhost, and my LCoD is converted) and b) if my Aquilor is not my General, he can't get Staunch Defender and give the buff to the Palladors that ride with him, so they don't get a +3 after the charge...

4 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:
That 300 points was going to be a set of Palladors and Javelin Prosecutors, but as I said before not sure on the latter at their new points, and not sold on the former (at the very least not as a group of 3 and lacking a LA).

If you can find a way to save 20 points from your list, you could take that 300 + the LCoD and replace it with a LC on Stardrake...

12 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Real shame the Templar did not go down in points. I heard several times it was 440 now.

Yeah, why would they repeatedly say in the rumors it was going down 60 points to end being false?

What a kick in the nuts. 560 is still too much for the LCoSD, and 500 for the DS Templar seems even less justified now.

Fancy ornament in the shelf it is, then.

Yeah, why would they repeatedly say in the rumors it was going down 60 points to end being false?
What a kick in the nuts. 560 is still too much for the LCoSD, and 500 for the DS Templar seems even less justified now.
Fancy ornament in the shelf it is, then.

560 for the LCoSD is a steal ...

29 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

560 for the LCoSD is a steal ...

The only good thing he gets over the Templar is the shield (which is admitedly nice). The weapons are uninspiring, and his command ability is sueless if you don't field a lot of Dracoths.

11 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

The only good thing he gets over the Templar is the shield (which is admitedly nice). The weapons are uninspiring, and his command ability is sueless if you don't field a lot of Dracoths.

I literally brought my Stardrake to sit on my Armies on Parade board. But yeah, your correct, I probably wouldn't field one without 4 Dracoths on the field. But then you start hitting the 1000pt mark on like 5 models ( I guess they are pretty beast mode though! )

4 hours ago, DanielFM said:

You should be fielding a lot of dracoths now tbf, and the LCoSD has 2 big things going for it, 1 any shooting unit that isn't just doing raw mortal wounds can't really touch it, even skyfires do ****** all damage. 2. Those big bricks of ****** units everyone's bringing now? Yeah the stardrake plows into them, eats the banner, hornblower and sergeants and then they kill themselves with their own attacks with no special abilities to help them.

53 minutes ago, Burf said:

You should be fielding a lot of dracoths now tbf, and the LCoSD has 2 big things going for it, 1 any shooting unit that isn't just doing raw mortal wounds can't really touch it, even skyfires do ****** all damage. 2. Those big bricks of ****** units everyone's bringing now? Yeah the stardrake plows into them, eats the banner, hornblower and sergeants and then they kill themselves with their own attacks with no special abilities to help them.

It's true.

The LCoSD was actually seeing a lot of table action in decent lists before these new changes and they are playing into the LCoSD's camp.

The weakness remains other big tough elite units and monsters. You can still survive but you can't really go killing any stonehorns or the like.

8 hours ago, Veillotron said:

If you can find a way to save 20 points from your list, you could take that 300 + the LCoD and replace it with a LC on Stardrake...

Would need to be 40 actually. I am not against the idea (I have 4 Stardrakes and would like to get some use out at least one).

My only options would be:
1. Turn a unit of Judicators into Liberators. Would be 20 points under at that point.
2. Swap out the Relictor for a Gryph hound.
3. Drop either 5 Protectors, 2 Fulminators, or the Lord Castellant, then find something else to do with the remaining points.

5 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Would need to be 40 actually. I am not against the idea (I have 4 Stardrakes and would like to get some use out at least one).

My only options would be:
1. Turn a unit of Judicators into Liberators. Would be 20 points under at that point.
2. Swap out the Relictor for a Gryph hound.
3. Drop either 5 Protectors, 2 Fulminators, or the Lord Castellant, then find something else to do with the remaining points.

You are correct - for some reasons I had in my mind that the Stardrake had dropped to 540...

Not an easy decision between the Judicators' shooting, or the Relictor's healing and prayers...

Another option to consider: replace your 4 Fulminators against 4 Tempestors - you would lose the Fulminator's additional protection against shooting, the rend on the glaives and the higher-impact charge, but you get an additional shooting attack and value/points-wise, Tempestors are now a good deal.

I personally loooove the Fulminators and would not drop the 4 I have on from my list, but should I decide one day to replace some of my thunder-chickens, it would be for Tempestors.

56 minutes ago, Veillotron said:

You are correct - for some reasons I had in my mind that the Stardrake had dropped to 540...

Not an easy decision between the Judicators' shooting, or the Relictor's healing and prayers...

Another option to consider: replace your 4 Fulminators against 4 Tempestors - you would lose the Fulminator's additional protection against shooting, the rend on the glaives and the higher-impact charge, but you get an additional shooting attack and value/points-wise, Tempestors are now a good deal.

I personally loooove the Fulminators and would not drop the 4 I have on from my list, but should I decide one day to replace some of my thunder-chickens, it would be for Tempestors.

Tempestors don't make any sense to me. They get the short range breath attack but are very poor in combat (3 3+ 4+ no rend D 1 is basically a Liberator Prime). Their crossbows shoot as 2 Judicator crossbows but are the same weapon, only one handed (this is more about fluff).

I wouldn't field them even at 200.

Tempestors don't make any sense to me. They get the short range breath attack but are very poor in combat (3 3+ 4+ no rend D 1 is basically a Liberator Prime). Their crossbows shoot as 2 Judicator crossbows but are the same weapon, only one handed (this is more about fluff).

They're a support unit. The -1 hit debuff is amazing. Coupled with their good save and good amount of wounds, they again are a great steal for the pts

For my next Order list, I'll try this:

2* Aquilors (1 with consummate commander) (400 pts)

1* Azyros (80 pts)

3* 10 skinks (180 pts)

3* 6 palladors (1320pts)

Could be fun. The face of my opponent is often priceless.

1 hour ago, Ggg said:

For my next Order list, I'll try this:

2* Aquilors (1 with consummate commander) (400 pts)

1* Azyros (80 pts)

3* 10 skinks (180 pts)

3* 6 palladors (1320pts)

Could be fun. The face of my opponent is often priceless.

If you are declaring SCE alliance (the only way to get Consummate Commander), the Skinks will not count towards your battleline.

I'm Currently building a list with skinks and dragons - 

Theres a hidden gem in this list, with bless weapons and skinks. effectivly creating Extra attacks on 4+

Lord celestant on Star-drake 560. Staunch Defender, Keen Clawed, MirrorShield, 

Lord Castellent 100.

Lord-Relictor 80. Lightning Chariot

Lord-Relictor 80. Bless Weapon. 

------------

Fulminator-(2) 240.

Fulminator(2) 240.

Liberator(5) 100.

Liberator(5) 100.

Liberator(5) 100.

Skinks(40) 200.

Skinks(40) 200.

2000/2000 pt. 

A Similar list (without skinks) have performed very well for me recently, i think the skinks will make it better. 

FAQ that just went up clarified: in a Celestial Vindicators Hammerstrike force, you can set up Paladins 12" away from the Prosecutors!

Of course, now it's basically too expensive to ever field, but you can't have everything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Well, Neave Blacktalon's warscroll is now out (NZ GW website). I assume that it is OK to post and that I am not breaking any rules since the warscroll is publicly available (otherwise, apologies Mods):

neaveblacktalon.png.dd9f2e2ea63bedf6f511fc1266780a20.png

She is actually better than I had hoped - she also has a missile attack, and is quite tanky at 6 wounds and +3 save. Although you really have to target ennemy heroes for her to be well utilized.

@CountryMou3e, she is not allowed to run or charge after rinding the winds aetheric, but I think that it is fair.

The only thing that I am not a huge fan of is the text about her always wearing the colors from the Hammers of Sigmar. I'd wish that GW didn't go in that direction, it is going against creativity... Hopefully this will not create a problem at tournaments for folks fielding a Neave in their stormhost colors...

18 minutes ago, Veillotron said:

Well, Neave Blacktalon's warscroll is now out (NZ GW website). I assume that it is OK to post and that I am not breaking any rules since the warscroll is publicly available (otherwise, apologies Mods):

neaveblacktalon.png.dd9f2e2ea63bedf6f511fc1266780a20.png

She is actually better than I had hoped - she also has a missile attack, and is quite tanky at 6 wounds and +3 save. Although you really have to target ennemy heroes for her to be well utilized.

@CountryMou3e, she is not allowed to run or charge after rinding the winds aetheric, but I think that it is fair.

The only thing that I am not a huge fan of is the text about her always wearing the colors from the Hammers of Sigmar. I'd wish that GW didn't go in that direction, it is going against creativity... Hopefully this will not create a problem at tournaments for folks fielding a Neave in their stormhost colors...

I think most TOs are still recovering emotionally from the LAST time they tried to make people paint the way they wanted them to. Also, I can tell you right now, I don't care at all about painting most of the time but any event that wants to limit my rules to what pretty outfit I'm wearing isn't one I'll be going to.

8 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Well, firstly, the DRACOTH is still quite good in combat, especially if you get that 6 to wound, secondly the short range breath attack does a solid 3-6 mortal wounds on average between 2 dracoths(just those 2 together put it's average damage to around the same as a unit of palladors) they're very survivable, being dracoth riders and the -1 to hit buff is amazing. At 240 fulminators were absolutely better, at 220 I would take a unit of tempestors for every 4 fulminators. Concussors are still garbo, desolators aren't worth thinking about.

2 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

Well, firstly, the DRACOTH is still quite good in combat, especially if you get that 6 to wound, secondly the short range breath attack does a solid 3-6 mortal wounds on average between 2 dracoths(just those 2 together put it's average damage to around the same as a unit of palladors) they're very survivable, being dracoth riders and the -1 to hit buff is amazing. At 240 fulminators were absolutely better, at 220 I would take a unit of tempestors for every 4 fulminators. Concussors are still garbo, desolators aren't worth thinking about.

I'm with you. Actually, in combat, the only difference between a Fulminator that has not charged and a Tempestor is the -1 rend on the glaive vs. sword.

The -1 to hit make the Tempestors even more resilient in combat (although they are still more prone to shooting).

I'm almost tempted to run out to the GW store right now to buy another box of Dracothian guards to build a pair of Tempestors...

Just now, Veillotron said:

I'm with you. Actually, in combat, the only difference between a Fulminator that has not charged and a Tempestor is the -1 rend on the glaive vs. sword.

The -1 to hit make the Tempestors even more resilient in combat (although they are still more prone to shooting).

I'm almost tempted to run out to the GW store right now to buy another box of Dracothian guards to build a pair of Tempestors...

I'm exceptionally glad that I don't have to. The new GHB really made Dracoth armies one of the best ways to run stormcasts and I had 10+Celestant sitting around sooo...if they hadn't hit lightning eschelon I'd be insanely happy.

2 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

I'm exceptionally glad that I don't have to. The new GHB really made Dracoth armies one of the best ways to run stormcasts and I had 10+Celestant sitting around sooo...if they hadn't hit lightning eschelon I'd be insanely happy.

You mean 10+ LCoD or Dracoths? If Lightning echelon is the 2 fulminators and 2 tempestors that can charge twice through people and share the fulminator shooting buff on the Tempestors - yeah that one is pretty sweet. As much as I would like to invest in a warscroll for the lower drop and additional artefact, I just can't justify it, as my list is I still feel like I could/should have another unit...

Archived