• Created
  • Last Reply
Like :
LCoD
Lord Castellant
Vanguard wing (with 30 liberators)
5 Judicators.

I am thinking about it too [emoji4]

No no , vanguard justicar (with hurricane crossbows). We will be needing some horde blending this edition.

I'm really tempted by vanguard wing too though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was not expecting them to disappear but good to see they're still around.

I don't know if the Prime dropped enough to be worthwhile still. Still super expensive for a model that generally dies the turn it drops in.

Stardrake is maybe better now. 40 point drop is decent but still over 500 points.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Holy ******, a whole page just for Stormcast battalions.

Yeah, 60 point Prosecutors with Javs was definitely incorrect. Maybe Bob thought they were 120 (Believe he basically was giving pluses or minuses) but not the first time he was incorrect there (Again, by accident I think). Knew they were gonna go up to 100 since they definitely perform well enough in comparison to the twin hammers.

I think given the changes the Knight Azyros the Hammerstike and Vanguard wing are stronger choices than the Warrior Brotherhood and Skyborne Slayers. Getting inside of 9" is huge.
Vanguard only gets in Liberators, which almost means nothing against many armies.

Skyborne and Hammerstrike are the ones to do if you want to strike close and fast.

7 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Vanguard only gets in Liberators, which almost means nothing against many armies.

Skyborne and Hammerstrike are the ones to do if you want to strike close and fast.

A 30 Liberators Skybord properly buffed can be amazing.

2 ways to play it :

Defensive with a LCoSD who will give them +1 to armore save if they don't charge (and they never do), and a castellant who give another +1 to armor.

Offensive with 2 Celestants, giving +2 to hit, which gives the 2 to wound rolls for any 4+ to hit.

A 30 liberator unit is very huge, I think it can go sniping heros in the back with some of its 6 Grandhammers.

2 hours ago, Cinncinnatus said:

I think given the changes the Knight Azyros the Hammerstike and Vanguard wing are stronger choices than the Warrior Brotherhood and Skyborne Slayers. Getting inside of 9" is huge.

I think after the changes in GHB 2017, taking any battalion is largely pointless. Only hammerstrike and aetherstrike were really viable before and while they're still good...ish, they're just too expensive now. 

1 hour ago, Auroch said:

A 30 Liberators Skybord properly buffed can be amazing.

2 ways to play it :

Defensive with a LCoSD who will give them +1 to armore save if they don't charge (and they never do), and a castellant who give another +1 to armor.

Offensive with 2 Celestants, giving +2 to hit, which gives the 2 to wound rolls for any 4+ to hit.

A 30 liberator unit is very huge, I think it can go sniping heros in the back with some of its 6 Grandhammers.

Option 1 would be largely wasteful. You're spending 800+ points to do what death can do with skeletons for 120+ decent terrain.

Option 2 just straight up won't work, a 30 brick of liberators is getting maybe 12 models into any single combat and spending 2 celestants (and your command trait) to buff liberators is...unpleasant . You're looking at what? 1000pts for an objectively worse hammerstrike? 

The liberator discount isn't enough to be worth bothering with, not with the logistical problems involved in using a brick of 30 40mm bases with only 6 weapons that hit at 2"+, tying up a third or even half your points in what is still an easily ignorable unit, and it having a depressingly poor damage output even with the several hundred points of buffs it need.

I think after the changes in GHB 2017, taking any battalion is largely pointless. Only hammerstrike and aetherstrike were really viable before and while they're still good...ish, they're just too expensive now. 
My Aetherstrike is the same save only having to drop one Hero. It's still really strong.

Have to disagree here, can just drop a hero and a few of the viable battalions should still see use. Like Requizen has said, losing a relictor to keep hero phase shooting and counter shooting when a unit dies is easily done.

However, stormcast shoot heavy lists are gunna find objectives scenarios even more difficult. Gunna stock up on hurricane crossbows and decimators/protectors.

I'd love to see paladins as battleline if....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived