Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Hey guys

How does the meteor of the knight vexxilor and celestant prime work ?

Do you roll a single D3 for all the units at once ? Or one d3 for each unit, meaning they take a different amount of damage ?

And can the luckstone be used on the damage roll of the knight vexxilor meteor ?

thanks

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ledha said:

Hey guys

How does the meteor of the knight vexxilor and celestant prime work ?

Do you roll a single D3 for all the units at once ? Or one d3 for each unit, meaning they take a different amount of damage ?

And can the luckstone be used on the damage roll of the knight vexxilor meteor ?

thanks

Roll d3 for each unit.

And about Luckstone... well... that's interesting, but I would say yes. 

Anyone experimented with taking Lord-Aquilor as general and Vanguard-Hunters as battleline to get rid of Liberators? Thinking of trying it at a practice game tomarrow.

Skickat från min SM-J510FN via Tapatalk

If you really don't want Liberators, Judicators are only 20 points over Hunters and give you more flexibility in your General, plus better shooting. Hunters aren't bad, though, and gives you reliable null deploy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Requizen said:

If you really don't want Liberators, Judicators are only 20 points over Hunters and give you more flexibility in your General, plus better shooting. Hunters aren't bad, though, and gives you reliable null deploy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I think if you go Aquilor as general you want to take full advantage of what he offers. Hunter battleline would come after the vanguard unit redeploy (for me).

Especially because even if I were to take hunters as battleline I might be tempted to take some liberators and judicators anyway. They're 3 great units.

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

I think if you go Aquilor as general you want to take full advantage of what he offers. Hunter battleline would come after the vanguard unit redeploy (for me).

Especially because even if I were to take hunters as battleline I might be tempted to take some liberators and judicators anyway. They're 3 great units.

I was more saying if you're only taking the Aquilor to having Hunters because you don't want to use Liberators, just drop both and take Judicators instead of Liberators. Unless you really want to use Hunters, in which case totally use the Aquilor.

I also agree that Liberators are better than most people give them credit for. They bring a lot to the table, especially with all the buffs out there.

Unrelated - my Adepticon list is pretty shooting heavy. 2 units of Raptors, 2 units of Judicators, and a Venator. With the 80 points I have left over, I'm wondering if an Azyros is a better idea than Javelin Prosecutors - he's bringing a lot less damage and is just as easy to remove, but he'll occasionally make all my shooters into rockstars.

3 hours ago, Requizen said:

Unrelated - my Adepticon list is pretty shooting heavy. 2 units of Raptors, 2 units of Judicators, and a Venator. With the 80 points I have left over, I'm wondering if an Azyros is a better idea than Javelin Prosecutors - he's bringing a lot less damage and is just as easy to remove, but he'll occasionally make all my shooters into rockstars.

I think you're right, the Azyros will really help out your shooters, especially the Venator

This seems to be a good place as any to get some good feedback:

I have two armies to face this week, a Mixed order shooting army ( 2x Hurricanum, 30 x Glade guard, 6 Kurnoth Hunter 3 bows, 3 Scythes, and a Treeload ancient)  and then a Ironjaws  list with the usual in your face 1-2 turn goodness. So my challenge is to come up with a list to suit taking on both armies.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Leaders
Lord Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite 
- Gryph-Charger Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone 
Knight Azyros (80)
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
Units
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (160)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)

Battalions
Aetherstrike Force (80)

Total: 1980/2000

Relictor is these to Bless the Hurricanes first turn before I move them, then on to the Longstrike.

My plan for the Order is hit the Glade guard hard with the Hurricanes being transported by Aquilor and the hunters, then hitting maybe the Tree lord or Hurricanum with Raptors/Venator and Palladors. Not sure if I should take first turn or not would probably depend on setup. As for the Ironjaws I'm just gonna try and hit from the sides and keep moving....and hope the dice gods look down on me! Let me know of anything obvious I may have missed from my list and any general tactics I should be looking at.

100 for lords of the storm and 100 for hallowed knights, for having all your heroes being able to pile in and attack before they go down, dealing extra mortal wounds when they're near each other, shrug off spells on 5+, +1 run/charge distance... I'd say it's hard to justify that 200 points tax unless you're going up against tzeench or something with killy spells.

But, since I already painted my guys hallowed knights scheme, I'm going in all fluffy. Only the faithful!

21 hours ago, Collyc said:

This seems to be a good place as any to get some good feedback:

I have two armies to face this week, a Mixed order shooting army ( 2x Hurricanum, 30 x Glade guard, 6 Kurnoth Hunter 3 bows, 3 Scythes, and a Treeload ancient)  and then a Ironjaws  list with the usual in your face 1-2 turn goodness. So my challenge is to come up with a list to suit taking on both armies.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Leaders
Lord Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Armor of Silvered Sigmarite 
- Gryph-Charger Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Knight Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone 
Knight Azyros (80)
Lord Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
Units
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (160)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)

Battalions
Aetherstrike Force (80)

Total: 1980/2000

Relictor is these to Bless the Hurricanes first turn before I move them, then on to the Longstrike.

My plan for the Order is hit the Glade guard hard with the Hurricanes being transported by Aquilor and the hunters, then hitting maybe the Tree lord or Hurricanum with Raptors/Venator and Palladors. Not sure if I should take first turn or not would probably depend on setup. As for the Ironjaws I'm just gonna try and hit from the sides and keep moving....and hope the dice gods look down on me! Let me know of anything obvious I may have missed from my list and any general tactics I should be looking at.

If you devote yourself fully to the Aetherstrike and get 2-4 shooting attacks with a unit of 12 per turn on a double turn, combined with just your normal shooting your opponent shouldn't have enough left to counter attack.

I tried a list with no Libs last night.
General Aquilor
Relictor
Venator
Celestant-Prime

Bow Judis
Xbow Judis
Vanguard-Hunters

4 Concussors
5 Retributors.

Scenario was boarderwar and Hunters, Aquilor, Rets and Prime set up of the board. Prime came down turn 2 and started shucking comets all over the place the whole game. Crippled the opponents warmachine park. Relictor disappointed by failing to get of 3/4 prayers. Venator sniped of an engineer turn 1 with starfated arrow, without using his luckstone!
The Hunters, Aquilor and Rets had a more psychological effect in that my opponent was reluctant to move up the board for fear that I would come in behind him. Trying to avoid the old "Caught between a rock and a Stormcast". Concussors drew all the fire for 2 turns and got burned properly by Firedrakes.
Happy about the win thou.

Skickat från min SM-J510FN via Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Turragor said:

They ain't gots no prayers in a faithless mixed order force!

Ahh poop. I'm trying to think of something that will give +1 to hit on stormcast shooting.
I don't have the book with me, but I was thinking of adding a Hurricanum and trying to get blessed weapons off on a unit of longstrikes so they generate more attacks on a 5+. But alas my plans have been thwarted.

31 minutes ago, Olincay said:

Ahh poop. I'm trying to think of something that will give +1 to hit on stormcast shooting.
I don't have the book with me, but I was thinking of adding a Hurricanum and trying to get blessed weapons off on a unit of longstrikes so they generate more attacks on a 5+. But alas my plans have been thwarted.

EDIT

You've got a few ways to reroll 1s:

Azyros within 10" of targets

Relictor and veritant and Divine Light a target unit (12" range).

Take a Vanguard Justicar Conclave and have aetherwings within 12" of target unit.

8 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Em Azyros within 10" of targets and I think thats all for ranged hit bonuses.

You've got a few ways to reroll 1s:

Take more Relictors and Divine Light a target unit (12" range).

Take a Vanguard Justicar Conclave and have aetherwings within 12" of target unit.

Is the +1 to hit from the Azyros an updated scroll from the book? I just checked the app and it's re roll 1's.

So, I've been trying to come up with a stormcast shooting army that is still competative in matched play. So far this is what i have come up with. 

Pretty much everything that shoots is set up at the back, supported by either one or both Lord relictors. 

Lord relictors attempt to give blessed weapons to the long strikes.

Either run or scions the Prosecutors and the Knight Azyros into position. Obviously trying to put the Azyros into the best position to use his reroll 1's for shooting.  

Depending on scenario deploy the Protectors from the prosecutors to either tie up enemy units or to score objectives. 

Longstrikes target enemy troops, most threatening taking priority. 

Judicators target enemy heros. 3 units of judicators should easily take down 1 or 2 heroes per turn. Excluding monstrous heroes.  

Proesecutors can shoot what ever hasn't been killed or reduced enough so it no longer remains a threat. 

After that it'll hopefully just be moving the units around the board to best capture objectives.

Anyway that's just an idea that's been floating around in my head, I've never ran a shooty army before so critisims and critiques are most welcome.  

IMG_3689.PNG

Guys,

I'm looking at finially finishing my Knight Venetor/Azyros. 

I was dead set on the Venator, but the more I look at the rules, the more 'Meh' I feel. Maybe I'm too focussed on the SFA, but it seems really poor with only -1 rend. Am I missing something here at all?

1 minute ago, Thebiggesthat said:

Guys,

I'm looking at finially finishing my Knight Venetor/Azyros. 

I was dead set on the Venator, but the more I look at the rules, the more 'Meh' I feel. Maybe I'm too focussed on the SFA, but it seems really poor with only -1 rend. Am I missing something here at all?

Meh is the word I pretty much sum him up with, the amount of times I've either missed to hit/wound or the enemy makes their save is super frustrating.
If it does go through you can always roll that 1 for the d6+3 as well.

Just now, Olincay said:

Meh is the word I pretty much sum him up with, the amount of times I've either missed to hit/wound or the enemy makes their save is super frustrating.
If it does go through you can always roll that 1 for the d6+3 as well.

Well the Luckstone helps with that. It's the save that ruins it for me 

Archived