Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

2 hours ago, Jaepic said:

Don’t your need atleast 6 sequitors for 3 grandmaces?

No 2 in 5 and 1 for the prime

2 hours ago, Crazyterran said:

I was thinking of something similiar:

Heroes: 

Drakesworn Templar

Lord Arcanum on Gryphcharger

Lord-Castellant

Knight-Heraldor

Battleline:

Sequitors - 3 Grandhammers

Sequitors - 3 Grandhammers

Judicators - Shockbolt Bow

Artillery:

Celestar Ballista

Celestar Ballista

Units:

Fulminators - 4 Fulminators 

edit: My main issue with the Heraldor + cogs would be the Fulminators getting too far ahead of your Heraldor for you to trumpet them back and charge again. Especially since the first thing they hit is likely to be chaff.

I dont think it will be a issue. You can run with the heraldor and he will get the +2 from coggs. So 5“ move, d6“ +2 run and 10“ ability range, will be enough to stay in range i think. Thats a average of 20/21 ability range for forward to victory and a 25/26 „ range for thunderblast.

the fulminators have a range( with 1 cp ) 20“+ charge.

important is to start with your mage far enough to get your coggs out of bann range. Because of stardrake you need a 6 to get it done.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DESCRIPTION A unit of Sequitors has any number of models. Each Sequitor is armed with a Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield. 1 in every 3 models may instead be armed with a Stormsmite Greatmace.

SEQUITOR-PRIME: The leader of this unit is a Sequitor-Prime. A Sequitor-Prime may be armed with a Stormsmite Greatmace instead of a Stormsmite Maul, in addition to any other models in the unit that can have a Stormsmite Greatmace.

12 minutes ago, Chrisdanish said:

DESCRIPTION A unit of Sequitors has any number of models. Each Sequitor is armed with a Stormsmite Maul and Soulshield. 1 in every 3 models may instead be armed with a Stormsmite Greatmace.

SEQUITOR-PRIME: The leader of this unit is a Sequitor-Prime. A Sequitor-Prime may be armed with a Stormsmite Greatmace instead of a Stormsmite Maul, in addition to any other models in the unit that can have a Stormsmite Greatmace.

@Roark

Warscroll with the easybuild Sequitors. Looks like the one in the starter set is just temporary.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Stormcast_Sequitors.pdf

Since we all know at least one guy who will start a nighthaunt army, any good advices against them? They ignore rend which makes our new ballistae quite useless, So far i am thinking about hurricane raptors, tempestors, lots of liberators ( Vanguard Wing?), Drakesworn Templar with Tempest Axe.

Anybody else already planning their matchup against nighthaunt?

41 minutes ago, boombyeyeah said:

Since we all know at least one guy who will start a nighthaunt army, any good advices against them? They ignore rend which makes our new ballistae quite useless, So far i am thinking about hurricane raptors, tempestors, lots of liberators ( Vanguard Wing?), Drakesworn Templar with Tempest Axe.

Sequitors not liberators. :) Mages to bann a lot, maybe 2 incantors.

58 minutes ago, boombyeyeah said:

Maybe paladors with axes, for the MW ? or if you want to be a hyspter some vanguard for the pretty mini ?

Now that skinks are not battleline anymore and vulkites got a point increase. What do you think will be the best allies for stormcast? I didnt read the warscrolls of idoneth, are there any interisting ally possibilities? 

The only thing that i can imagine with the new sorceres we have is a frosthearth phoenix.

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

Now that skinks are not battleline anymore and vulkites got a point increase. What fo you think will be the best allies for stormcast? I didnt read the warscrolls of idoneth, are there any interisting ally possibilities? 

The only thing that i can imagine with the new sorceres we have is a frosthearth phoenix.

I think Hurricanum can be considered if you want to spam Ballistas/Judicators (not sure if that's a great list, but the option is there). As you mentioned I think Phoenix is still strong even after the point increase. I don't see anything else really filling a gap that a SCE unit can't do well enough. 

19 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Palladors with axes don't do mortal wounds... 

Any rolls to hit of 6 or more with the Gryph-charger’s Razor Beak and Claws cause a mortal wound instead of their normal damage.

The Pallador-Prime can attack with their Lunar Blade in addition to attacking with their Shock Handaxe or Starstrike Javelin in the combat phase. If they do so, choose an enemy unit within 1" and roll a dice. On a roll of 2 or more that unit suffers a mortal wound

5 minutes ago, christophe said:

Any rolls to hit of 6 or more with the Gryph-charger’s Razor Beak and Claws cause a mortal wound instead of their normal damage.

The Pallador-Prime can attack with their Lunar Blade in addition to attacking with their Shock Handaxe or Starstrike Javelin in the combat phase. If they do so, choose an enemy unit within 1" and roll a dice. On a roll of 2 or more that unit suffers a mortal wound

Yes, I thought you were specifying axes because they somehow interacted with MWs, sorry I must have misunderstood. Javelins were always considered the optimal choice, not sure if the ranged targeting changes has altered that? Javelins still seem superior. 

13 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Yes, I thought you were specifying axes because they somehow interacted with MWs, sorry I must have misunderstood. Javelins were always considered the optimal choice, not sure if the ranged targeting changes has altered that? Javelins still seem superior. 

My reasoning was : it has never not a no-match between the 2 weapons option, but now shooting is a bit weaker, and the -1 rend of the javelin is lost vs NH

2 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

I think if you counter some specific units you can simply win the war of attrition relying on our good saves, so here are my thoughs:
Use relictor and/or tempestors to debuff hit rolls of spirit hosts so they won't be doing MW to you, focus and shoot down everything that have rend in whatever order you like. Maybe take stardrake so he can mess with little guys bravery by eating their boss and also shower those ghosty heroes with stars.
Plus if you know you are going specificaly against nighthaunt, utilise those antideath/deamons shenanigans some of our new units packed with

36 minutes ago, XReN said:

Plus if you know you are going specificaly against nighthaunt, utilise those antideath/deamons shenanigans some of our new units packed with

How do you guys see these anti-something stuff ? These units should be in theory over-powered against death/daemons and under-powered against all the other troops. It's fluffy but very random if the effect is significant... 

-If you play against a friend, he will find it cheesy if you tailored your list against him...
-If you randomly took the mini because you like them, you will suffer against 80% of the army 
-but If you play in a competitive environment and decide to counter the meta, it's a strategic move.
-It make already good unit like sequitors too good vs this 20% of army...

1 hour ago, XReN said:

I think if you counter some specific units you can simply win the war of attrition relying on our good saves, so here are my thoughs:
Use relictor and/or tempestors to debuff hit rolls of spirit hosts so they won't be doing MW to you, focus and shoot down everything that have rend in whatever order you like. Maybe take stardrake so he can mess with little guys bravery by eating their boss and also shower those ghosty heroes with stars.

I think that all abilities will change to unmodified 6s sonner or later, so those debuffs will lose some of their power, but stardrake eating will be nuts against their battleline :)

30 minutes ago, christophe said:

How do you guys see these anti-something stuff ? These units should be in theory over-powered against death/daemons and under-powered against all the other troops. It's fluffy but very random if the effect is significant... 

-If you play against a friend, he will find it cheesy if you tailored your list against him...
-If you randomly took the mini because you like them, you will suffer against 80% of the army 
-but If you play in a competitive environment and decide to counter the meta, it's a strategic move.
-It make already good unit like sequitors too good vs this 20% of army...

Nighthaunt has anti stormcasttools too!

You talk about the Ghostbuster Sequitorprime?  i dont think that he is really stronger than a prime with a grandhammer.

What i like about Sequitors bonus against Demons, is that at works against Seraphon too ?

All of the points for the GHB 2018 have leaked fully. Just covering the stuff people might not of seen already:

All Vanguard stuff including Neave and her battalion is in the book, I know there was some confusion about this a while back.

5 new battalions including one super battalion. Judging by the names, 1 is ballista based 1 is caster based, 1 is melee sacrosanct units based, 1 is a combo-battalion with the older stormcast stuff.

Point changes that may have been missed: Concussors down 20, Desolators down 20, Gryph hounds min units of 6 for 140pts(down 17ppm), Aetherwings down 10(still too expensive).

New unique characters: Asteria Soulbright, 220pts means she's likely on either a Dracoline or Gryph Charger. Aventis Firestrike, Magister of Hammerhal 360pts means he's likely the named version of the hero riding the Goat/Lion/Eagle thing.

New Generic characters: Lord Exorcist 140pts likely anti-mage and/or cleric character.  Generic Knight Zephyros(the same rank as Neave Blacktalon) 100pts means she's probably not quite as kill-y as Neave.

3 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

I think that all abilities will change to unmodified 6s sonner or later, so those debuffs will lose some of their power, but stardrake eating will be nuts against their battleline :)

?

That would be soooo lame and just stupid, I hope this won't happen

2 hours ago, Bellfree said:

All of the points for the GHB 2018 have leaked fully. Just covering the stuff people might not of seen already:

All Vanguard stuff including Neave and her battalion is in the book, I know there was some confusion about this a while back.

5 new battalions including one super battalion. Judging by the names, 1 is ballista based 1 is caster based, 1 is melee sacrosanct units based, 1 is a combo-battalion with the older stormcast stuff.

Point changes that may have been missed: Concussors down 20, Desolators down 20, Gryph hounds min units of 6 for 140pts(down 17ppm), Aetherwings down 10(still too expensive).

New unique characters: Asteria Soulbright, 220pts means she's likely on either a Dracoline or Gryph Charger. Aventis Firestrike, Magister of Hammerhal 360pts means he's likely the named version of the hero riding the Goat/Lion/Eagle thing.

New Generic characters: Lord Exorcist 140pts likely anti-mage and/or cleric character.  Generic Knight Zephyros(the same rank as Neave Blacktalon) 100pts means she's probably not quite as kill-y as Neave.

I hope we get a battletome and the models fast. I will not buy anything till we have every warscroll and the battletome. Everything else will be just a waste of money and waste of efford.

any information when will get the new sce battletome?

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

I hope we get a battletome and the models fast. I will not buy anything till we have every warscroll and the battletome. Everything else will be just a waste of money and waste of efford.

any information when will get the new sce battletome?

Soontm. I doubt it'll be much further away than late july, early August.

46 minutes ago, Crazyterran said:

I think we might be waiting a while for the new SCE battletome, since they havent really announced it yet. Nighthaunts, then probably a 40k release/Dark Elves for BB then its going to be Epic August. 

Hopefully im wrong, but...

Bloodbowl doesn't generally get it's own release window, they usually package it in with something else and while they've announced what the next 2 40k releases are, they've done even less previewing of those than they have of Stormcasts.

Well, Blood Bowl will likely be with the Nighthaunt, since after the first week of July should be their book and all the models over most of the month, with a few things like Cawdors and Dark Elves slipped in. So there might be a window at the end of July and start of August, since Epic is second/third week, I believe, and will probably be two-three weeks of all the different kits and such. 

Theres a lot of both Stormcast and Nighthaunt kits, so it could overlap a bit. Could see them holding off until closer to Christmas since it would be the big Marine style release of the year, since SCE are essentially the SM of the fantasy setting. 

1 hour ago, Crazyterran said:

Well, Blood Bowl will likely be with the Nighthaunt, since after the first week of July should be their book and all the models over most of the month, with a few things like Cawdors and Dark Elves slipped in. So there might be a window at the end of July and start of August, since Epic is second/third week, I believe, and will probably be two-three weeks of all the different kits and such. 

Theres a lot of both Stormcast and Nighthaunt kits, so it could overlap a bit. Could see them holding off until closer to Christmas since it would be the big Marine style release of the year, since SCE are essentially the SM of the fantasy setting. 

That's crazy. 3 or more months with points values in the GHB for units without rules? 

That's a lot of time for having a half working army, with stop-gap warscrolls and no idea of what should or shouldn't be added to existing armies.

I hope both the Nighthaunt and SCE releases overlap somehow.

Archived