Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

4 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

I highly doubt that they will ever come back as they are replaced by others easy-to-build kits (for the SCE we have now sequitors and castigators), if you need them get them now.

If the Retributor ETB doesn't come bacl that means the SC becomes a terrible deal. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need some list feedback: We're playing a "Farewell to 1st edition" mini tournament on saturday. 750 points, one battleline, single elimination. What does everyone think of this list:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender 
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers and Shields
- 2x Granhammer

Units
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)

Total: 740 / 750
Wounds: 50

The idea would be to have the castellant+libs hold the front line and the typical middle objective a lot battleplans have, put the Longstrikes in the back, ideally on an objective too, probably with the Hound to run interference for them if necessary, then drop the Retributors on either troublesome enemy units or faraway objectives. The Libs should be able to withstant most things that play at this power level with the Castellant buffs, but I'd still get wrecked by mortal wounds.

I have also been thinking I could trade the Longstrikes for judis and remove the hound and get a Relictor too. 

11 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

Wow, that is honestly worse than I thought it would be. If he wasn't rearing up it might not be a big deal, but I don't think it will be hard to see the underside from an even level. Wonder what that story is...

Guess I'll have to bust out the greenstuff!

I was honestly surprised that it was so bad. All the pushfit models have been so good at hiding stuff like that.

Hey guys, i have 2 lists for incoming tournament, can you help me decide which is better?

Drakesword Templar, Arc Hammer, SD, MirrorShield

Lord Arcanum ( for sweet tools like heal, mortals, jump )

Lord Callestant for save
2x 5 Liberators

Drakesworn Mirrorshield

Lord Ordinator

2x Ballista

2x 5 Liberators

33 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Hey guys, i have 2 lists for incoming tournament, can you help me decide which is better?

Drakesword Templar, Arc Hammer, SD, MirrorShield

Lord Arcanum ( for sweet tools like heal, mortals, jump )

Lord Callestant for save
2x 5 Liberators

Drakesworn Mirrorshield

Lord Ordinator

2x Ballista

2x 5 Liberators

For what kind of threat do you need MS on Stardrake in 1000pts list?

3 hours ago, kuroyume said:

If the Retributor ETB doesn't come bacl that means the SC becomes a terrible deal. 

If by "SC" you mean "start collecting" then I have to say that the Stormcast Eternals one is by far one of the worst, and it includes 2 retributors so you'll have to buy 2 boxes of easy-to-build retributors to fill out the unit, and even then, you would have a unit with 2 primes.

6 hours ago, XReN said:

For what kind of threat do you need MS on Stardrake in 1000pts list?

Agreed, at 1000pts nothing is going to kill a Stardrake in any reasonable amount of time with shooting, additional offense or mortal wound/magic defense will perform better.

7 minutes ago, Bellfree said:

Agreed, at 1000pts nothing is going to kill a Stardrake in any reasonable amount of time with shooting, additional offense or mortal wound/magic defense will perform better.

Six Akhelian guard with their charge buff can more or less kill a Stardrake in one combat phase. They cost 320pts right now and that's going down in the new edition.

47 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Six Akhelian guard with their charge buff can more or less kill a Stardrake in one combat phase. They cost 320pts right now and that's going down in the new edition.

Highly unlikely if the stardrake has its buffs up.  The morsarr should do 5 mortals, 2 wounds from lances and then heal the star Drake for 3 net wounds with the rest of its attacks.  That's a total of 4 damage on the charge using the unit's once per game ability.  I will put my money on the star Drake.

1 hour ago, Richelieu said:

Highly unlikely if the stardrake has its buffs up.  The morsarr should do 5 mortals, 2 wounds from lances and then heal the star Drake for 3 net wounds with the rest of its attacks.  That's a total of 4 damage on the charge using the unit's once per game ability.  I will put my money on the star Drake.

Yeah, even with just Staunch they are doing about 5 mortals and ~5.5 regular damage. Painful, but by no means should they be killing it. 

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Okay, couple of things here. 1. As others have illustrated, this isn't actually true. And once they lose their charge bonus they'll heal the stardrake back to full. 2. This is in response to a comment where I very specifically said 'in shooting' when referring to things not killing the stardrake. 3. This supports me saying 'add offense or mortal wound protection instead of shooting protection' but is presented as if it is a strong counterpoint to my statement.

So here is my 2000 point competitive list im thinking of:

feel free to make suggestions:

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Arkanum(240)

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3 Grand Maces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3 Grand Maces

Units
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
4 x Fulminators (480)

Chronomatic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Fulminators+Coggs+ Heraldor +1 Cp for that very far charge/ Alpha Strike.

Heraldor+ Judicators for ranged Support and Objective holding.

+1/-1 for spells from drakesworm templar. To cast Cogs turn 1.

Thinking about cutting one unit if Sequitors and Cogs for adding a Incantor+ Pendulum.

12 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

So here is my 2000 point list im thinking of:

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Arkanum(240)

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3 Grand Maces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3 Grand Maces

Units
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
4 x Fulminators (480)

Chronomatic Cogs (60)

Fulminators+Coggs+ Heraldor +1 Cp for that very far charge.

I think you should wait for a cheaper LArkanum on foot, also drop second juds for balista and that will give you 120 pts left

6 minutes ago, XReN said:

I think you should wait for a cheaper LArkanum on foot, also drop second juds for balista and that will give you 120 pts left

Yeah that Sounds good. And for the spare 120 points ? A second balista? Are balistas without an ordinator worth it? I didnt made the math compared to judis. Feel like i need more model count but dint kniw how solve that prob.

I was thinking of something similiar:

Heroes: 

Drakesworn Templar

Lord Arcanum on Gryphcharger

Lord-Castellant

Knight-Heraldor

Battleline:

Sequitors - 3 Grandhammers

Sequitors - 3 Grandhammers

Judicators - Shockbolt Bow

Artillery:

Celestar Ballista

Celestar Ballista

Units:

Fulminators - 4 Fulminators 

edit: My main issue with the Heraldor + cogs would be the Fulminators getting too far ahead of your Heraldor for you to trumpet them back and charge again. Especially since the first thing they hit is likely to be chaff.

5 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Yeah that Sounds good. And for the spare 120 points ? A second balista? Are balistas without an ordinator worth it? I didnt made the math compared to judis. Feel like i need more model count but dint kniw how solve that prob.

My fellow SC player did math yesterday and here is what he found out: instead of ever taking lordinator for balistas, just take more balistas

51 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

So here is my 2000 point competitive list im thinking of:

Leaders
Drakesworn Templar (460)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Arkanum(240)

Battleline
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3 Grand Maces
5 x Sequitors (120)
- 3 Grand Maces

Units
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
4 x Fulminators (480)

Chronomatic Cogs (60)

Fulminators+Coggs+ Heraldor +1 Cp for that very far charge/ Alpha Strike.

Heraldor+ Judicators for ranged Support and Objective holding.

+1/-1 for spells from drakesworm templar. To cast Cogs turn 1.

Thinking about cutting one unit if Sequitors and Cogs for adding a Incantor+ Pendulum.

Don’t your need atleast 6 sequitors for 3 grandmaces?

37 minutes ago, XReN said:

My fellow SC player did math yesterday and here is what he found out: instead of ever taking lordinator for balistas, just take more balistas

Did he take into consideration the +1 to hit for all in 6" AND the command ability? Coz +1 to hit for 3 ballistae for effectively 40pts seems like a good deal to me...

1 hour ago, Bellfree said:

Okay, couple of things here. 1. As others have illustrated, this isn't actually true. And once they lose their charge bonus they'll heal the stardrake back to full. 2. This is in response to a comment where I very specifically said 'in shooting' when referring to things not killing the stardrake. 3. This supports me saying 'add offense or mortal wound protection instead of shooting protection' but is presented as if it is a strong counterpoint to my statement.

Okay two things. One no need to get testy. Two mathhammer is great and all but I've literally seen it happen, it may not be odds on likely but it's certainly reasonably possible. You're also correct it does support your point.

10 minutes ago, Roark said:

Did he take into consideration the +1 to hit for all in 6" AND the command ability? Coz +1 to hit for 3 ballistae for effectively 40pts seems like a good deal to me...

Yes
Well, here's the long answer: you can take him for balistas, if you already run like 3 of them, then he will be great damage amplifier, but what you need to think about are these:

1) To use his CA he must be general and he is the squishy one with 4+ save and 5 wounds

2) You have to concentrate all your balistas around him to grab those buffs which is kinda limiting

11 minutes ago, XReN said:

Yes
Well, here's the long answer: you can take him for balistas, if you already run like 3 of them, then he will be great damage amplifier, but what you need to think about are these:

1) To use his CA he must be general and he is the squishy one with 4+ save and 5 wounds

2) You have to concentrate all your balistas around him to grab those buffs which is kinda limiting

Fair enough. He won't need to be the general in the new edition to use his command, but it also seems that we won't necessarily be rolling around in command points like Scrooge McDuck and gold...

6 minutes ago, Roark said:

Fair enough. He won't need to be the general in the new edition to use his command, but it also seems that we won't necessarily be rolling around in command points like Scrooge McDuck and gold...

He'll have to be, unless GW changes the current wording of his CA

27 minutes ago, Roark said:

To clarify what Xren said, the Lord-Ordinator's command ability spcifically states "If this model is your general and you use this command ability..."

Archived