Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we should wait for the new battletome to drop before we can decide which units/weapons options are the best/worst.  We might get special rules for the various stormhost like DOK and Deepkin have.

For example Celestial vindicators might be better with bladed weapon or another stormhost that buffs  vanguard units. Same as some Deepkin enclaves buff cavalry list while others buff thralls. 

6 hours ago, Kadanga said:

XXX XXX, Magistrate of Hammerhal 360 (This one is really blurry, a lot of guesswork on the name apart from Hammerhal)

I think his name actually showed up in Malign Portents  fluff, it's Lord Aventus Firestrike, Magister of Hammerhal and judiciary representative of the Stormcast Eternals during the Times of Tribulation.

Took this screenshot from a video hopefully its clear enough to see it shows we’re also getting 3 new endless spells for sacrasanct and 2 more beasties   Heres a link to the video if you can get a better shot 

E55486D0-E81A-4F15-8631-05EE8423F96C.png

879CEAEB-6CBC-40A1-9BC8-83172CAD43FD.png

4 minutes ago, Bozly said:

Took this screenshot from a video hopefully its clear enough to see it shows we’re also getting 3 new endless spells for sacrasanct and 2 more beasties   Heres a link to the video if you can get a better shot 

E55486D0-E81A-4F15-8631-05EE8423F96C.png

879CEAEB-6CBC-40A1-9BC8-83172CAD43FD.png

I see nothing at all :( is it my poor eyesight or is it the same for you all?

6 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

I see nothing at all :( is it my poor eyesight or is it the same for you all?

No im struggling too  im on my phone when i get home if i can see it better ill try and transcribe. 

Wheres strikingscorpion82 who goes page by page up close at 4k whenyoy need him

8 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Well, that Cache is flavourful but not really game impacting. It makes you sacrifice an extra attack on a two handed maul.

If I eventually field it, it will be due to the really cool female model seen before, not by the effect itself.

It's nice that it's not a no brainer, though.

Agree with this, although I feel that if it was mechanically more like the Lunar Blade the Pallador Primes wield we would see a real choice between the two. 

6 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Still bravery 6 sigh... but double weapon is more viable now

new liberators warsceroll.jpg

I know! Why?! Especially since the Sequitors are Bravery 7.

14 hours ago, DanielFM said:

Yeah. Look-wise, maul mop the floor with sword version for me, though. I will sacrifice that small damage margin willingly.

Well yeah, those swords are okay but the mauls are frigging anvilhammers.  Every other weapon can shut up and get out of my armory.

51 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

So many battalion points drops. I'm interested in seeing how the new datasheets change units and battalions to account for the drops. 

The vast majority of the battalions don't need to change to justify the drops. 85% of our battalions were unusably terrible. Even hammerstrike barely managed 'underwhelming'.

3 hours ago, Hulksmash said:

So many battalion points drops. I'm interested in seeing how the new datasheets change units and battalions to account for the drops. 

It's just the drop these battalions deserved with the current rules.

Am I the only one that is really bothered by the Sequitor power creep? When they first were leaked at 3 for 80 points I was pleased. But 5 for 120 who are better than Liberators in every way.... Come on. Needing a Lord Arcanum as a general is not a crutch at all in 2.0. And you can always fill battleline with Judicators since Castigators are not fantastic anyway. Their only REAL crutch is their max unit size of 20. But the only reason you would ever field 30 Liberators is vanguard wing.

Sequitors hit better, have more grand weapons. And they have a great flexibility with the choice to be able to reroll all hit or save rolls. I know this is all premature but I don't really feel like Sacrosanct is for me. I'm going to wait out the new Vanguard points but I can also see myself starting a new army.

Archived