Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Requizen

Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

28 minutes ago, Requizen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/06/faction-focus-stormcast-eternals-part-2gw-homepage-post-3/

3 new units! 

Evocators are essentially a new variant of Paladin - same statline, similar attacks, spells instead of the special abilities. 

Ballista is a solid artillery unit, d6 hits per hit (like the amazing Shockbolt bow on Judicators) is always a good rule, and means I'm gonna be buying a Lord-Ordinator to go with mine. 

Sequitors are the business. 1 in 3 get the weapon upgrade (Liberators are 1 in 5 for comparison) and the champion gets one for free. For a Battleline unit, that's a lot of punchy and can still take hits on the 4+ RR1s shields.

Between this and the Incator, glad I'm getting 2 SCE sides of the starter set.

Evocators sound really nice, versatile (tough against shooting, mortal wounds potential in cc, ability to buff -reroll wounds on Hurricane Raptors could be murderous!).

Sequitors are Liberators+1, barring high cost (at 120 they would still be no brainer) or conditional battleline.

The Ballista is slightly better than 5 Judicators at 18 and 50% as effective at longer range (with 12 extra inches over them). At less than 160 it seems solid. That doesn't account for the potential Ordinator synergy!

I like what I see, powerful yet reasonable.

2 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Evocators sound really nice, versatile (tough against shooting, mortal wounds potential in cc, ability to buff -reroll wounds on Hurricane Raptors could be murderous!).

Sequitors are Liberators+1, barring high cost (at 120 they would still be no brainer) or conditional battleline.

The Ballista is slightly better than 5 Judicators at 18 and 50% as effective at longer range (with 12 extra inches over them). At less than 160 it seems solid. That doesn't account for the potential Ordinator synergy!

I like what I see, powerful yet reasonable.

Evocators can only buff Sacrosanct or Redeemer units, which is only new stuff or Liberators. Sadly not for Hurricanes.

A bit of a bummer that the Sacrosant don't seem to mesh completely with old SCE. Evocators spell only affecting Liberators could be a sign that it will be more stuff that has keyword barriers. Like command abillitys that only affect Sacrosant units and so on. 

Sacrosant Chamber seems to be more of a new and separate army then Vanguard Chamber was.

Hope I'm wrong though!

• Sad 1

Cool stuff, although I really wish the stormcast (all of them) tended to buff across chambers (vanguard only buff vanguard, sacrosanct only sacrosanct)..

That and I'm not feeling the design of the ballista, so common looking.  

2 minutes ago, Snoe said:

A bit of a bummer that the Sacrosant don't seem to mesh completely with old SCE. Evocators spell only affecting Liberators could be a sign that it will be more stuff that has keyword barriers. Like command abillitys that only affect Sacrosant units and so on. 

I think in the end there will be some units that work all around (Like Vanguard Raptors do currently) and some that will only work in a monokeyword army.

Eh, you can make armies out of building blocks too. Castellant + Celestant + Libs for frontline, Ordinator + Ballistas for range, Aquilor teleporting Vanguard around for flanking. Not every unit in the army has to directly buff/impact every other unit.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Evocators can only buff Sacrosanct or Redeemer units, which is only new stuff or Liberators. Sadly not for Hurricanes.

You are right, I got carried away by enthusiasm. I guess other interesting combos will arise. 

What will Redeemer be, though?

But what about sword-wielding sequitors that we have seen before? Are they another warscroll?

Edited by Bradipo322

We have seen sword Sequitors and 2h staff/polearm Evocators in groups of 5.

I am not going to be buying a 2nd Soul Wars box, since there will certainly be more options in the regular box releases coming this summer. Also, proper unit sizes. Unless we are getting points per model in the generals handbook then the units of 8 Sequitors and 3 Evocators are really going to annoy me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Ballista will be a dual-kit as well...

Edited by PJetski

4 hours ago, Requizen said:

Sequitors are the business. 1 in 3 get the weapon upgrade (Liberators are 1 in 5 for comparison) and the champion gets one for free. For a Battleline unit, that's a lot of punchy and can still take hits on the 4+ RR1s shields.

This is also how I read it, but it's still worded a bit awkwardly. Is it just clarifying that the Greatmace is an option on the champion, and not specifically saying that it doesn't count towards the 1 in 3?

Either way, very excited for the Ballista - I didn't expect it to have a 2+ save in cover! Lord Ordinator with Hurricanum could actually make several of these incredibly powerful!

Edited by Freejack02

13 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

This is also how I read it, but it's still worded a bit awkwardly. Is it just clarifying that the Greatmace is an option on the champion, and not specifically saying that it doesn't count towards the 1 in 3?

Expect a FAQ for this I think. 

If you look at what comes in the Soul Wars set, it confirms the leader gets one in addition to the unit's normal allowance.

Look - eight Sequitors, so that's two allowed, and the leader has one too. 

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-StormcastArmy4ed.jpg

Here you go guys. Everything is fine. Box is legal, 2 maces per 3 man, prime can get mace free always. If screen is to small, the second guy with better shoulderpad is just prime best friend. Nothing to worry about.

box.jpg

Does anyone else think it's possible that the sequitors will come in boxes with 4 models instead of 5?

12 minutes ago, Cinncinnatus said:

Does anyone else think it's possible that the sequitors will come in boxes with 4 models instead of 5?

This is possible, the photos that we've seen shows only units of 4. I'm a lot more worried about evocators.

look at steelhearts champions, unit of 3

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

look at steelhearts champions, unit of 3

To be fair the Shade Spire units have all sorts of wacky unit sizes.

The undead one is 7. And theres the khonre one that requires fielding a unit of 3 khorne warriors and a separate unit of a single flesh hound!

my point is that odd numbers exist 

Just now, Josh said:

my point is that odd numbers exist 

The you should take a look at this photo, there are clearly 5 "evocators" in a squad (they must be the regular kit, not the easy to build one).

But you may be right, sequitors should be 4 in a unit as we can see in the second photo (just ignore the lady in the middle, she's something else).

OzmW2h87ilo.jpg

ky3TSpMGaSA.jpg

I just finished 20 Liberators and I really like how they came out. I hope there's still a "place" for them in AoS 2.0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bradipo322 said:

The you should take a look at this photo, there are clearly 5 "evocators" in a squad (they must be the regular kit, not the easy to build one).

But you may be right, sequitors should be 4 in a unit as we can see in the second photo (just ignore the lady in the middle, she's something else).

OzmW2h87ilo.jpg

ky3TSpMGaSA.jpg

According to the Warhammer Fest Live Blog post on the Community site that lady is a Sequitor Prime.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/11/warhammer-fest-live-blog-2gw-homepage-post-1/

Saturday, 4:40pm Sacrosanct Chamber info shows the upscaled version of the same model.

Edited by Wolfman

It seems strange to have the ballista function as a single model yet be 3 different models - why not just put them all on one base? Is there a precedent for multiple models sharing a single wound total?

3 hours ago, Wolfman said:

According to the Warhammer Fest Live Blog post on the Community site that lady is a Sequitor Prime.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/11/warhammer-fest-live-blog-2gw-homepage-post-1/

Saturday, 4:40pm Sacrosanct Chamber info shows the upscaled version of the same model.

Wow, it seems crazy that that model that cool and detailed is just a unit champion. I'd been assuming she was a named hero or something. Huh. Presumably that means that ghost lantern thing is a weapon option, too - wonder what it does? 

Regarding the Sequitor unit size, it does all seem a bit weird, especially as they revealed that easy-to-build set of three you can buy to bolster the unit from the starter set. That leaves you with 11 models, which isn't useful if it's units of 4 *or* 5, so what's that about? 

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 1

Now I'm truly worried, between the new starter set, malign sorcery and the new battletome I'm goint to spend a lot of money and I'm going to be a lot angry if the starter set is filled with half-units.

I hope that I'm wrong, that maybe they're going to change the point sistem to something like "pay-per-model".

3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

It seems strange to have the ballista function as a single model yet be 3 different models - why not just put them all on one base? Is there a precedent for multiple models sharing a single wound total?

More freedom in movement control I guess? You can choose how to position the crew, and the ballista can fit through smaller gaps than if a single larger base. 

Can't think of any other examples. But crew sniping wasn't exactly ultrafun.