Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

6 hours ago, Ggg said:

One thing I fond funny with the WB.

As it is written right now, you could pair up with bretonians paladin since it's only a "paladins" keyword.

Could be funky ?

^ I did this last year and it worked out ok. The Paladin is pretty choppy ha ha. It's ideal when you only want a single azyros/unit of Paladins but want to boost shooting as he's only 80 points. Handy for Three Places of Power also.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I don't like it and don't think it's intended! I want my Stormcast formations pure!

Definitely feels like an accident with old faction naming and new faction naming.

Oh it's 100% not intended - I played it against a certain gent who wrote the WB Battalion rules, much to his chagrin!
I agree - it's a bit lame.

3 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

Oh it's 100% not intended - I played it against a certain gent who wrote the WB Battalion rules, much to his chagrin!
I agree - it's a bit lame.

Oh I just thought though, modelling a very stormcasty looking bretonnian paladin can leave all that french pageantry aside and you've got a much cooler 'counts as' application. Just some cool solo stormcast badass. Although stormcast have a ton of heroes already it's probably a nice use for converted heroes with loadouts that don't really match anything else but the vague 'relic weapon and shield'.

Okay so, let's imagine Scions of the Storm (or whatevs its called) means all units can be deployed by lightning strike (on a 3 plus). No other restrictions.

Suddenly the use of teleport formations is restricted to when you absolutely MUST have units down and can't risk a 1 or 2 roll.

What does your 2k list look like now??

Good warmachine or mage hunters, shouldn't be to cheap. Set up in 7 "from enemy means a good chance to get the charge IF that is still needed after 2 shots from each of them.. most warmachines will probably be dead or at least have damage output halved even before the charge. 

6 inch move. 9 average with run and shooting. Melee on par with libs. 

Main downside is lack of special on the prime. So if you don't need mobility they might lose their sheen. 

I really like these guys. 

You think they'll get battleline?

... As part of a Vanguard only force maybe. 

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

6 inch move. 9 average with run and shooting. Melee on par with libs. 

Main downside is lack of special on the prime. So if you don't need mobility they might lose their sheen. 

I really like these guys. 

You think they'll get battleline?

... As part of a Vanguard only force maybe. 

If there is a battalion that makes these battle line i'll be all over them. 

2 hours ago, Olincay said:

If there is a battalion that makes these battle line i'll be all over them. 

Is it worth dropping wb for?

When I compare these with my tree revenants who have a similar set up ability(yes muh more options but ones hardly useable) I'd say these need to be way more point with their ranged attack,  2 wounds , better save etc.

18 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

Is it worth dropping wb for?

When I compare these with my tree revenants who have a similar set up ability(yes muh more options but ones hardly useable) I'd say these need to be way more point with their ranged attack,  2 wounds , better save etc.

Guess it comes down to what else the battalion stipulates. 

I have a feeling the new tome will make be giving us many more options than wb or sbs. 

Forgot! I remember thinking 'bless weapons' though obscured, looked ace.

It was attacking a 2nd time on some trigger (probably 6s).

One was enemy bravery -2.

One grants a 'priest' keyworded hero 1 dispel.

I was too busy making sure I got the limited edition tome ordered. In case it sold out. Which it did! I thought I was being silly and that the SCs weren't that popular.

18 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I was too busy making sure I got the limited edition tome ordered. In case it sold out. Which it did! I thought I was being silly and that the SCs weren't that popular.

They sold out in under and hour, I was thinking of getting one basically for the crack but I didn't expect them to go that quickly.

Now I feel lucky I that I just happened to be on there at the right time and managed to get one.

Archived