Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, chord said:

I love using the Lord Relictor, but would be bummed if they increase the point value. I run two a lot of times in 1000 point games.

Maybe I am overestimating the impact of these new prayers entirely. Who knows at this stage.

Hoping the Relictor and Veritant get access to these Prayers that are mentioned. Would be cool to have some extra things to combat spells or power up the troops.

Also hoping one of the Battallions gives us access to an Order Wizard a bit like the Sylvaneth battallion that would be cool. Looking forward to preordering on Saturday.

I watched some of the LVO twitch broadcasts this weekend, and some of those lists are brutal. 

How would we handle a 40 brute list? That is so much hurt coming at you, and coming quickly. Maybe prosecutors? But even then I doubt people generally take enough of them to make a true difference. 

21 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

I watched some of the LVO twitch broadcasts this weekend, and some of those lists are brutal. 

How would we handle a 40 brute list? That is so much hurt coming at you, and coming quickly. Maybe prosecutors? But even then I doubt people generally take enough of them to make a true difference. 

I didnt see the end of that game but he was close to losing because they were playing 3 places of power? did they end up winning? 

26 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Well, you either fight fire with fire or have a decent counter when trying to beat something, but Stormcast being on the expensive side for there elite troops, and then not really offering a rediculous shooting or magic option to pre-hurt them, must make them pretty rubbish against things like Brutes.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how many Vanguard are in the box and could speculate the points cost for said amount?

1 minute ago, Nubgan said:

Well, you either fight fire with fire or have a decent counter when trying to beat something, but Stormcast being on the expensive side for there elite troops, and then not really offering a rediculous shooting or magic option to pre-hurt them, must make them pretty rubbish against things like Brutes.

I play both. If you charge into them with 4 soul star maces its pretty good. Also brutes suffer from low bravery. But a unit of 20 is pretty hard to kill especially since they move as fast as jetbikes :)

2 hours ago, Nubgan said:

EDIT: Also, does anyone know how many Vanguard are in the box and could speculate the points cost for said amount?

There are ten vanguard in the box. 

6 gryph-hounds in their box. 

Top list from LVO was Stormcast. But, here's the twist: his Battalion was Wardens of the Realmgate! A super interesting list with 6 different Heroes, a brick of 10 Protectors, min Liberators, some Judicators and Prosecutors for fire support, and a unit of Fulminators. Sideboard had a Heraldor (for Sylvaneth countering, I imagine) and some more Liberators (probably for when more bodies are needed.

B1CEhdO.png?1

2yhoJhg.png?1

NA is a very different meta from the UK, it seems. Very interested to see how things progress. I still like my Skyborne Slayers for the mobility, but seeing this sort of thing is very exciting. 

Footslogging Stormcast bring a bit more punch to the table than WB or SS Stormcast, due to less tax, but this one was a reasonable amount of chaff, shooting, with 2 hard hitting units, and backed by a lot of utility Heroes for flexibility. I have no doubt the Protectors and Fulminators punched through everything they hit with very little issue, especially with Celestant buffs and Castellant defensiveness. Vexillor could pop Protectors where they needed to be, or jump onto last-minute objectives.

This list would have suffered a bit against the standard Stonelord/3 HuskardTusk/Grotspam Destruction list, but those didn't seem to be that prevalent. 

Very excited to see future tournaments!

I'll have to watch that stream and see how the game went. Excited for painting time tonight.

Side note, I'm have pretty good luck at 1500 point games with 4 Concussors backed up with a Celestant on foot, Castellant and a Relictor to heal the wounds with a battle line of liberators. Don't seem like I see Dracoths much these days. Mortal wounds are obviously the weakness, but just two of them flattened 5 brutes with wounds to spare after only taking 4 wounds from them buffed up on the charge.

Archived