Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

24 minutes ago, Primez said:

So as the last of the new units go up on pre-order this weekend, would it be safe to assume we might get a new start collecting box in a week or two? Making this comment based on how they did the Tzeentch release. 

The tzeentch release was all old models iirc.

3 minutes ago, Requizen said:

We already have a Start Collecting box that isn't even that old and we had one of the Battalions during Christmas. I hope we don't get one, otherwise people might start screaming.

Some might already be throwing dark glances at our start collecting box, it is no longer great value.

Libs are 10 for 450SEK so 225 for 5 (insert your own store currency here)

Prosecutors are 6 for 540SEK so 270 for 3 (insert your own store currency here)

LC on foot is 240SEK

I will not dignify a single snapfit retributor (and a prime no one wants) with a cost.

The box is 600SEK (insert your own store currency here)

I don't feel the value off that anymore. It's a relatively minor saving and you don't really want the LC and rets.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine for starting to collect, which is why I imagine it's called that, and the LC is not even bad to have multiples of. It's not one you're going to buy 5 of for value (I did that for Tempestus Scions), but it's a fine box if you want to play SE. While I'd like it to be better value, as I'm sure other SE players would, I wouldn't want that to come at the expense of other armies.

1 minute ago, Ian R said:

Gryph Hounds.  Just bought the box of 6.  I play mainly 2,000 points tournament games.  My question is: is there an effective use for them in the game?

Run aetherstrike with longstrike raptors

setup gryph hounds between these units

encounter alphastrike lists

profit

Maybe?

Small bullet sponges. Honestly that's about it. You can use them to run onto objectives or in front of a unit for a turn, for 40 points they're the best you're gonna get for it. Any shooting or charges your opponent spends on a single 40 point Gryph Hound saves that damage from your important units. 

Also if you're running a Veritant and have 40 points left over he can help do unbinding and what not. 

Thinking about trying out something along these lines:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Obsidian Blade
Lord Relictor (80)
- Artefact: Spellshield
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
Lord Relictor (80)
- Artefact: Spellshield
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot

Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers
10 x Judicators (320)
- Skybolt Bows
- 2x Shockbolt Bow
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)
- 1x Stormsurge Trident
5 x Paladin Decimators (200)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Mace
3 x Aetherwings (60)

Battalions
Devastation Brotherhood (60)
Knights Excelsior Exemplar Chamber (80)

Total: 2000/2000

That's very similar to the list i am going to build, but having 1 relictor with bless weapons for the judicators, and either a lord castellant/hound for the +1 save lantern, or a lord vexilor for getting judicators in positions and providing rerolling charges of the paladins. 

How did you plan on using two lightning chariot prayers each turn?

On a totally different subject.

Vanguard Raptors: Longstrike vs Hurricane crossbows.

How will you be equipping yours?

For pure sniping of characters the longstrike seem pretty tastey.
For sheer volume of attacks and the -2 to charges the hurricanes seem to have a decent value as well.

I'm torn between which one I'd rather take.

4 minutes ago, Olincay said:

For sheer volume of attacks and the -2 to charges the hurricanes seem to have a decent value as well.

I know I quote myself a lot but I just had a thought.

If you have two separate units of Raptors with hurricane crossbows using their suppressing fire at the same unit, will that unit have -4 to it's charge?

:D:D:D

I am thinking about running this list for an upcoming event. List construction follows Vanguard, but at 1500 points. 

It will be three random missions from the GHB, so I wanted to try to make it diverse. 

My biggest thing is I am not sure how viable the Prime is at 1500. 

IMG_7301.PNG

7 hours ago, Votters said:

That's very similar to the list i am going to build, but having 1 relictor with bless weapons for the judicators, and either a lord castellant/hound for the +1 save lantern, or a lord vexilor for getting judicators in positions and providing rerolling charges of the paladins. 

How did you plan on using two lightning chariot prayers each turn?

We have an old WFB at my store that 2 is 1 and 1 is none. If you are relying on a random effect to help you out, even if it is highly accurate, it will fail you when you need it the most. So double up to double your odds. Further, there is more than 1 slow unit in the list. All three paladin units and both Liberator units (and conercase the Relictors themselves), could have use for zipping around.

8 hours ago, Olincay said:

I feel like trying to compare them to each other is difficult because of how insanely different they are. For example, you want large units of Longstrikes so they can benefit from buffs more but small units of hurricanes so they can have more Primes and apply debuffs better. Longstrikes work better in the aetherstrike but hurricanes are BA in the vanguard...w/e thing the other one. It's all about what you're trying to do.

15 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

I feel like trying to compare them to each other is difficult because of how insanely different they are. For example, you want large units of Longstrikes so they can benefit from buffs more but small units of hurricanes so they can have more Primes and apply debuffs better. Longstrikes work better in the aetherstrike but hurricanes are BA in the vanguard...w/e thing the other one. It's all about what you're trying to do.

Im leaning towards taking both types of units, points permitting. 

Probably 2 units of hurricans and 1 unit of longstrikes for hero hunting.

the negative -2 on the charge the hurricans give out has won me over.  

Let's do math!

6x Longstrikes ->6 shots at 2+-> 2 moral wound and 4 hits at 3+-> 3,67 hits at -2rend. Average 7 wounds with -2 rend and 2 mortal wounds-> 2 mortal wound plus 6 wounds (for the chance of save at 6) on a 4+ armor unit.

6x hurricane->36 shots at 4+->18 shots at 4+->9 hits with no rend-> 4,5 wound on a 4+ armor, -2 to movement.

If they dont move 54 shots at 4+->27 wound rolls at 4+-> 13,5 hits with no rend->6,75 wound on a 4+ armor,-2 to movement.

When you shoot low armor units the hurricane crossbows win force against longstrikes, but all else the lognstrikes win.

lets compare to judicators with crossbows.

10x Judicators->20 shots at 4+->10 at 4+->5 hit->2,5 wound againt 4+ armor

If they don't moove 40 shots->20 hits-> 10 wound-> average 5 wounds against 4+ armor.

You have the new passive who allow you to deploy at 3+ at 9" range of crossbows... but they loose 4 wounds, the leader of the judicators with boolstorm crossbows do mortal wounds, the palladors shoot, the vanguard hunters shoot, the aquilor shoot... I think that spot is covered already, i like more the idea of snipe heroes with longstrikes.

But anyway they are monsters too against low armor armies.

I have one question guys.... why any of you use 30xcrossbowmen or 30xhandgunners + empire general???

This units are ***** insanes, and they can also stand and shoot, for 380 points of combo.... pff :/xD

Hello all!

I figured it's best to ask this question here; With the starter set Lord on Dracoth, if I were to attach a shield to his arm, would the prosecutor shield fit (or is there a forearm attached to the underside?), would a round shield from the 'upgrade' packs work, do the dracothian guard shields fit?

Just want to know before I make a rash decisions. 

Cheers!

Archived