Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

5 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

We know how they look:

aos-stormcast-006.jpg
 and

image.png.078e5fc9f4a007d47d7bb5f7c3cd1873.png

Yep, for me it means:

Dracolines are so ugly and aesthetically misguided that I won't field them even if they are to Dracoths what Evocators are to Paladins.

Reserved judgement for the Tauralon. It could be great or awful depending on the combined animals on it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

Yep, for me it means:

Dracolines are so ugly and aesthetically misguided that I won't field them even if they are to Dracoths what Evocators are to Paladins.

Reserved judgement for the Tauralon. It could be great or awful depending on the combined animals on it.

I will proabably buy 1 Dracoline to be near my Gryph-Charger and Dracoth. I am sure a good paint-job can do them justice. For the Tauralon, like for the Dracoline, it should differ a lot from the other SC mounts, full of texture and feathers and easy to paint colourfully. I wonder how chaos-dwarfy it will end up (I am sure some will us them as a Great Taurus...)

But for the Dracoline, I would have prefer if they kept with mount inspired by the Sun/sky-god traditional animals : eagle, bull, lion, ram... 

The gave the ram to NH, but it would have make a very powerful and majestic mount for the goodies as well...

I like the Dracolines personally. A bit more "savage brute" compared to the noble Dracoths or elegant Gryph-Chargers, which sets them apart.

What are people's thoughts about Lord-Celestant on Dracoth vs Drakesworn Templar now? The prices before made it an easy choice, but now it's a 100 point difference. 100 points gets you the shield (which is REALLY GOOD) and the Command ability (which is pretty good but not insane). Assuming the Castellant doesn't change, and maybe if Staunch sticks around (unknown with new Battletome), the Shield still gives you a 2+rr dude who spits back MWs, which is really nice, but otherwise they're identical. Is that worth 100 points?

Do we know from the GHB18 what the max unit size for sequitors  will be? I know the starter set profile indicated it would be 18, but the points are different for a few units  between that profile and the general SCE list in the GHB18 so i want to be sure for purchase planning. Thanks.

It seems that we'll get 3 more endless spells:

• Celestial vortex (40 points)
  • Dais arcanum (40 points)
  • Everblaze comet (100 points)

I'm a bit disapponted about the half-units that compose the "Soul Wars" box set, as Sequitors and Evocators have a minimum of 5 and castigators are in groups of 3. The fact that GW lied to us about the warscrolls in "faction Focus: Stormcast Eternals 2" they said that those are the FULL warscrolls, but they aren't as we know that Sequitors will get additional weapons like the swords or the "soul-sucking lantern".

How much time should we wait to know what will change? When will they reveal what's next?

Humour me with this dumb thought experiment.

Give me a reason why a Stormcast allegiance army in Matched Play can't take other Stormcast units as Allies. 

Note:  I am not interested at this time in why they *shouldn't*, or whether or not there would be any benefit to doing so.  Only if they can or can't.

11 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Humour me with this dumb thought experiment.

Give me a reason why a Stormcast allegiance army in Matched Play can't take other Stormcast units as Allies. 

Note:  I am not interested at this time in why they *shouldn't*, or whether or not there would be any benefit to doing so.  Only if they can or can't.

Going by the wording is GHB2017 they can ally any ORDER faction, that would include Stormcast Eternals. 

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

I like the Dracolines personally. A bit more "savage brute" compared to the noble Dracoths or elegant Gryph-Chargers, which sets them apart.

What are people's thoughts about Lord-Celestant on Dracoth vs Drakesworn Templar now? The prices before made it an easy choice, but now it's a 100 point difference. 100 points gets you the shield (which is REALLY GOOD) and the Command ability (which is pretty good but not insane). Assuming the Castellant doesn't change, and maybe if Staunch sticks around (unknown with new Battletome), the Shield still gives you a 2+rr dude who spits back MWs, which is really nice, but otherwise they're identical. Is that worth 100 points?

About the Dracolines, if they had something resembling the snout of a big cat or the mane of a lion, I would be fine with them as drake-feline hybrids. Right now, they don't look anything like that, more like ape or bat faced reptilian mounts. All of that IMHO, but I find the concept and execution very lacking. Only thing I like is the dynamic poses.

About the Drakesworn Vs LCoSD, I have already made my mind. Even after trying the LCoSD and seeing it's insane resilience against normal wounds, against mortal wounds it's just a 100 points more expensive Drakesworn. The CA is not that great, and pretty much a wash with +1 bravery plus buffing arrow from Drakesworn. Offensively, no version is that great, the spear Drakesworn s at least dangerous against monsters.

I can see myself doing a lot more with those 100 extra points than with the (admittedly awesome) LCOSD shield. In fact, a Drakesworn + Lord Arcanum combo sounds great, and it's quite easier to fit in a 2000 points army.

23 minutes ago, ledha said:

Did anyone saw the very good buffed the two weapon liberators received ?

Now, any unmodified hit roll of 6 will do 2 hits instead of one.

They might have niche uses I think but I don't see myself taking them still.

/edit: to clarify, you mean dual wielding libs and not 2h weapon (special) libs right?

7 minutes ago, Turragor said:

They might have niche uses I think but I don't see myself taking them still.

/edit: to clarify, you mean dual wielding libs and not 2h weapon (special) libs right?

From what I read before, yes its for dual wielding.

Interesting, but I think shields would likely still win out.  One point of note I guess being that mystic shield is re-roll ones now.

So you could potentially drop shields, and buff with mystic shield instead.

4 minutes ago, silentdeathz said:

From what I read before, yes its for dual wielding.

Interesting, but I think shields would likely still win out.  One point of note I guess being that mystic shield is re-roll ones now.

So you could potentially drop shields, and buff with mystic shield instead.

Shields save you a Mystic Shield cast and you don't rely on Libs to do damage anyways. Shields will probably remain the superior option.

Here's a random thought I had (starts in fluff but leads to gaming).  As the troubles with reforging continue, suddenly now unmonitored by the Sacrosanct Chamber, do you think Sigmar might be forced to lower his standards and field lesser troops?  Game-wise, I'm thinking of smaller 32 mm or 25mm base Stormcast-lite, in 30-40-ish model units.

3 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I think that liberators are not worth it anymore. Sequitors are so much better for only 20 points more now.

Sequitors require that you use a Lord-Arcanum general to be battleline. That means no Ballista + Ordinator shenanigans. Liberators will still have their role.

19 minutes ago, sigmar is scottish said:

Indulge me here. 

What's everyone's issue with the range unit In the box?

My biggest issue is that their war scroll does not represent how they look, they are launching holy grenades  (hallleeeluuuuyaahhh) for goodness sake. How can they have the same (but shorter range) attack as Judicators. 

Archived