Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Right, similar example, Celestant-Prime with 2 wounds left, gets hit by a Thundertusk for 6.  What happens with Cycle of the Storm?

(Haha that's what I get for starting a post 20 minutes ago then hitting send just now.  Posts in between lol)

Haha, been there.  I suspect it works like my example and @Turragor's corroboration, in which case it is underwhelming but decent.  If it works as @Requizen posted it would be amazing.  It is definitely something to ask the FAQ team about (which is not something I say frequently, as I think many if the FAQs are redundant).

33 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

I bring you points!

Between Discord and the SCE FB group we've been piecing together stuff from blurry screenshots. Here's the new/changed stuff we've been able to put together:

Palladors - 200 
Hunters - 120
Raptors with HC - 140
Aetherwings - 50
Relictor 100
Azyros 100
Sequitors 5/120
Castigators 3/80
Heraldor 100
Concussors 260
Vexillor 120
Evocators 5/200
Drakesworn Templar 460
Ballista 100
Incantor 140
Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger: 240

Starter is ~980 points, but with three under strength units.

Does celestant on stardrake stay at 560 or got a reduce too?

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

Right, similar example, Celestant-Prime with 2 wounds left, gets hit by a Thundertusk for 6.  What happens with Cycle of the Storm?

(Haha that's what I get for starting a post 20 minutes ago then hitting send just now.  Posts in between lol)

If its anything like the Seraphon Artifact Incandescent Recrtices, all the wounds are allocated, the first time the model goes to zero wounds (dont know anywhere where it specifies that it can't go to negative wounds but lets assume you cant), roll dice, on 3+ he is not removed and instead heals D3 wounds( so 0+D3 wounds remaining)

So for cycle of the storm it refers to a slain model, instead of being removed it heals one wound. To me that means that all wounds are allocated, model wound total drops to a minium of zero. If a models wound total reaches zero it is slain. instead of being slain it heals a wound. Model remains on the table with 1 wound remaining.

Again this is just my interpretation and in this instance it means that you can have units with multiple wounded models. This isn't necessarily a problem as any further wounds done to the unit will remove the wounded models first as per the normal rules.

If this turns out to be the way its played then its a really great ability, if wounds carry over then its not so great.

2 hours ago, Requizen said:

They reduced the Heraldor. They better have changed his Warscroll or that will be a biiiig mistake imo. He's already so good and will be even better at 100 points.

He's even better than before now that you can use a CA to change a run roll to 6.   Pair that with the cogs endless spell and you could have Fulminators only needing to roll a 4+ on a turn 1 charge, or a stardrake auto-succeeding.  

2 hours ago, kuroyume said:

more news: Hammmerstrike Force down 100 points to 120!

Time to make it rain Paladins!

Quite pleased about this! Let's hope they get a decent points reduction and aren't completely outshined by the newer units.

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

Quite pleased about this! Let's hope they get a decent points reduction and aren't completely outshined by the newer units.

The leak I saw was blurry but it looked like Decimators remained the same price, so I'd expect the other paladins did as well.  Can't say for certain though.

12 hours ago, Requizen said:

I would assume it's more for single models remaining/Heroes. You allocate all wounds, they overkill the Hero, then you "rez it" after wounds have been allocated.  Or at least, that's how I'm assuming it works, otherwise it's only useful if you kill it exactly.

Actually yes, it doesn't talk about wound allocation (which is what I was thinking) it's just 'when slain'. So wound allocation has stopped. The model is "overkilled" if there were more wounds than they had left. Then they are back with 1 wound.

It is ACE imo.

Auto include model for me.

11 hours ago, Braneric said:

Well given how potentially powerful Stormcast shooting now looks 100 points for the Azyros seems reasonable.

Given command abilities (generic) trigger within 6" of a hero, Azyros is best and cheapest mobile hero to fulfill that purpose.

18 minutes ago, sigmar is scottish said:

So guys for the sake of a noob, with the supposed points leaks what in the new box is good,what is bad and what would you replace?

Well unless Libs get a new warscroll, they can be replaced by the new sequitors. Paladins will be replaced by the Evocators. Judicators can be replaced by Balista and celestant on dragoth / stardrake can be replaced by a lord arcunum (on mount). (might spelled some of the new names wrong)

Archived