Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Some info from the battle stream: Evocators are minimum size 5 in Matched play. Castigators min. 3, Sequitors 5 min.

More:

LordArcanum is not a Wizard (don't remember if that had been shown or not) Nevermind, the Stormcast player messed up.

Staunch Defender is still in the game

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kubrick54 said:

Are you sure it's not the other way around about the Evocators and Castigators?

I mean, I could've heard wrong, but I don't think I did. WHTV stream format is pretty bad though, you can hardly see the minis.

28 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Staunch Defender is still in the game

Do we think they would change anything for Stormcast in the GHB when the Battletome is due in a few months (seems nighthaunt will be first from the FB spells reveal)

7 minutes ago, stato said:

Do we think they would change anything for Stormcast in the GHB when the Battletome is due in a few months (seems nighthaunt will be first from the FB spells reveal)

I would assume the GHB is written with the new Stormcast Time in mind. I would also expect the Tome before the end of July.

8 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

I would assume the GHB is written with the new Stormcast Time in mind. I would also expect the Tome before the end of July.

Points maybe, but I was responding to the mention of allegiance abilities used for Stormcast,  the GHB wont talk about changes to Stormcast function, like Stormhost Allegiance abilities we are expecting or rules like Staunch Defender. Those changes will come with the Battletome and Stormcast will be in a wierd middle-ground for a short time.  Remember the Death Guard codex didnt come out for quite a while after Dark Imperium (June-Sept), they are showing a lot of Nighhaunt stuff already so thats July taken up id guess. I think end of August is likely earliest to expect Stormcast 2.0 (3.0?).

48 minutes ago, Kubrick54 said:

Are you sure it's not the other way around about the Evocators and Castigators?

| Martin | | Stormcast | Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger Knight-Incantor, 2 x 5 Sequitors, Celestar Ballista, 3 Evocators, 2 x 3 Castigators, 2 x 5 Liberators2 x 5 JudicatorsKnight venator2 x Knight Azyros, Endless Spell - Chronomatic Cog.| THERE MAY BE ERRORS FROM TRANSCRIPTION |

I hope that the stardrake will get cost reduction. Any information yet ?

I think a Frostheart Phoenix as ally for Stormcast will be very powerfull in aos 2.0. With Evocators+ the upcoming wizards. 

Are sequitors Battleline? Or Battleline if... general? Did they said anything in the stream? 

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

I hope that the stardrake will get cost reduction. Any information yet ?

I think a Frostheart Phoenix as ally for Stormcast will be very powerfull in aos 2.0. With Evocators+ the upcoming wizards. 

Are sequitors Battleline? Or Battleline if... general? Did they said anything in the stream? 

He definitely played 5 evocators, and groups of three castigators. It does seem strange though. I dont know why they would make the starter set opposite. Also for 200 pts, 5 evocators make the other palladins quite redundant (depending on pts reductions on them ofc.)

Sequitors are battleline IF general is guy on gryphcharger.

30 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Did anyone watch the stream? Curious if they talked about the Lord-Arcanum's abilities at all, assuming he can rez models/units.

If i remember it right he said he has spell which heals d3 or heals d6 if you roll over a certaint number with your cast. Also his mystic bolt do d3 dmg and d6 dmg if you roll over certain number with your cast. 

He can only cast 1 spell and has a good damage profile and 3+ save.

his command ability let evocators automatically succes there spell. And you can choose one unit (dont know the restriction,think it was sacrosant unit or sequitors) which can reroll to hit, to wound and save in combat.

hope i could help you a bit. 

Anyone knows how much points he costs?

I remain unconvinced that the stream got everything 100% correct today regarding unit sizes.  It is possible, but it seems so wrong that it's also possible mistakes were made.  (I'm not convinced they were wrong either, just that it is still unknown).

37 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

command ability...  you can choose one unit (dont know the restriction,think it was sacrosant unit or sequitors) which can reroll to hit, to wound and save in combat.

Wow, that's gonna be popular if it's true - it's Hand of Glory on steroids.  Was it just rr1's, or failures?

All these unit min number are really confusing. And with the cool cheap box of 3 push fit we can buy, make me wonder what kind of multipose model box GW will really produce. If castigators are really 3 by unit, will GW produce an extra box of 3 ? (unlikely considering the push fit already exist). Then 5 as usual ? (making it 10 with the starter box or 13 with the push fit ?). I am not sure it will sell well among veteran players (how many more shooty units do you need beside your ballista,  judicators, raptors... 8 castigators could be enough ). Or do we know if their is a bigger gun within the unit to force some sell ?

7 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

Castigators can choose between rend 2 and reroll 1 to hit in the shooting phase, looks like raptors become obsolete

edit: and sixes to hit cause d3 to wound rolls

It wholly depends on range, point cost, hit/wound values and damage. With just this info, Raptors could still be better.

guys i have a salt rumor about price starter unit, is it true?

balista 120 per unit 

incantor 140

incantor on maunt (lord arcanum )240

Castigator - 80 per 3 up to 18 (400)

Evocator  140 per 3, up 12

Seciutor 80 per 3 up to 18 ( 400)

10 hours ago, Requizen said:

Did anyone watch the stream? Curious if they talked about the Lord-Arcanum's abilities at all, assuming he can rez models/units.

As someone else mentioned, he does have a healing spell. I think the casting value was 6 and if its 8+ it heals d6.

His command ability can be used in 1 of 3 phases. In hero phase: choose evocators and they auto-cast Empower. Shooting Phase: castigators get both their channeling options (reroll hits of 1 and rend 2) Combat phase: Sequitors get both channeling options. With empower, sequitors are rerolling just about everything.

31 minutes ago, mystycalchemy said:

As someone else mentioned, he does have a healing spell. I think the casting value was 6 and if its 8+ it heals d6.

His command ability can be used in 1 of 3 phases. In hero phase: choose evocators and they auto-cast Empower. Shooting Phase: castigators get both their channeling options (reroll hits of 1 and rend 2) Combat phase: Sequitors get both channeling options. With empower, sequitors are rerolling just about everything.

But is that healing or resurrecting? If it's healing, that's weaksauce. We already have Relictors to heal 1d3 with prayers. 

With only 1 spell per turn and just the 2 basic (nerfed) ones plus the healing, it better (the latter) be something special.

Sorry to bring the original starter set into the more exciting conversation around AoS2 stuff, but looking for options from experienced Stormcast collectors.

I've bought my son the Starter Set, a box of 2xRetributors and some Vanguard-Raptors (which he wants to arm with the Long Strikes). That, currently, gives us a nice 1k starting point for him. 

Questions are:

1) Star Mace for the Retributor - modelling ideas for this one? Could be beyond AoS I guess in terms of bits.

2) Grandhammer - same as above really. 

3) Are the Long Strikes OK vs their other option.

He's only 7 so it's not a big deal ultimately as to whether the units are optimal, but we're building them all up over the next few days and hoping to have some gold spray and Reikland on them all at least by the time AoS2 drops, then I might treat him (us) to the new set to boost his army. It makes sense for a few quid here and there, if I can, to make them optimal. I'm reasonably competent at mold making and using plasticard/greenstuff, especially if it's just converting (rather than building!)

Archived