Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

12 minutes ago, Requizen said:

On the flip side, you can teleport things right next to your Paladins. Lightning Chariot friendly Wizard -> Cast Banishment on enemy -> Charge with Paladins -> Profit.

Well banishment ain't that easy to pull of unless you have bonuses to casting so i don't think we need to fear it too much.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SirPug said:

Well banishment ain't that easy to pull of unless you have bonuses to casting so i don't think we need to fear it too much.

Considering some of the most commonly taken units in the game get MASSIVE bonuses to casting, you really do. Every death army in the top tier at the moment is rocking AT LEAST 4+ to cast(Arkhan focused lists can go up to 6+)The lord of change will NEVER fail it, DoK can get +to cast as well as rerolls, Maggotkin I imagine are similar. You absolutely will have to be afraid of it, half the armies in the competitive meta will be rocking about a 75% chance of success. You'll need a knight encanter(which tbf is looking like an auto-include at the moment) to be able to reliably stop it and you're letting things like Curse of Years or Mindrazor go off with no way to defend yourself.

37 minutes ago, Requizen said:

On the flip side, you can teleport things right next to your Paladins. Lightning Chariot friendly Wizard -> Cast Banishment on enemy -> Charge with Paladins -> Profit.

This is a cool use of it, seriously that sounds super fun. The only problem is that it requires more setup and investment(and die rolls) than the opponents wizard blasting your paladins off into space.

Just wanting the prime to get buffed. Not expecting much from the wizards, especially considering Sigmar can just make whatever he wants he seems to have forgotten to make normal stormcasts out of wizards of old (why not just have every guy be the best?) and forgot to give them flight..conveniently lol

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

How is it better than LC the Paladins and skipping one step? Can you banish closer than 9 of one of your units?

3 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Thanks @Namelessone81, want to get the starter box figures into my collection and I figured I could take excess hammers from the Prosecutors and add them to multi-part Liberators so I don't go short on Grand Hammers in my units.

I did the same thing and I used one grandhammer from the prosecutors and two from the paladins box :) 

It works perfectly 

6 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Just wanting the prime to get buffed. Not expecting much from the wizards, especially considering Sigmar can just make whatever he wants he seems to have forgotten to make normal stormcasts out of wizards of old (why not just have every guy be the best?) and forgot to give them flight..conveniently lol

Agreed the Celestant Prime needs to be buffed or points lowered.  

13 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

Since Banishment is a realmrelated spell, i dont think it will make its way into matched play, i mean we had realmrelated rules before that never influenced matched play.

It's true we don't know if the realms are supposed to be a matched play thing yet. The times of war rules were narrative only, but GW just made 50 spells and 50 artefacts for the different realms, it's entirely possible they intend them to be used in matched play (we'll know later this week).

If they are meant to be used for matched then we're going to be subject to 'The GW problem' for a while (90% of everything works fine but a handful of things end up completely broken).

6 hours ago, DanielFM said:

I see the benefit. A bit convoluted, though.

Convoluted? You just need to be in the realm of Light and roll a 3+ for Lightning Chariot and have a Wizard with Banishment that rolls 8+ and doesn't get unbound and then make a 5" charge... ?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/24/24th-may-rules-preview-summoning-for-freegw-homepage-post-2/

Summoning no longer requires reinforcement points. This may actually make the Storm Vortex Garrison not terrible - you can play aggressively with your Paladins, and if they die, just return them to the table with the Hunters. Probably not terribly powerful, but you can essentially get 2 units (mainly Paladins, but the Heroes or Libs as well) for free if they die early on. 

It also means the Hammers of Sigmar chamber can do the thing it's designed to do, but that's still too many points.

20 minutes ago, Requizen said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/24/24th-may-rules-preview-summoning-for-freegw-homepage-post-2/

Summoning no longer requires reinforcement points. This may actually make the Storm Vortex Garrison not terrible - you can play aggressively with your Paladins, and if they die, just return them to the table with the Hunters. Probably not terribly powerful, but you can essentially get 2 units (mainly Paladins, but the Heroes or Libs as well) for free if they die early on. 

It also means the Hammers of Sigmar chamber can do the thing it's designed to do, but that's still too many points.

For the Battalion? Reckon they'll be cheaper in the next Handbook.

With all these changes coming down the pipeline for Summoning and Magic and Command stuff, why does it feel like SCE are going to get shafted? I dont want to be doom and gloom but I really hope they boost up all the armies to be able to compete with stuff like endless skeletons making 400 attacks on a 4+/4+

I wouldn't worry.  The Lord-Arcanum, the new Mounted Hero, is the guy who helps do the reforging for Stormcast, noted as being able to "heal their fellow warriors and return them to battle nigh-instantly", so I would imagine there will be ways to return models or even units to the table with this bro. 

10 minutes ago, Requizen said:

I wouldn't worry.  The Lord-Arcanum, the new Mounted Hero, is the guy who helps do the reforging for Stormcast, noted as being able to "heal their fellow warriors and return them to battle nigh-instantly", so I would imagine there will be ways to return models or even units to the table with this bro. 

Oh good, 1 model, that may or may not be useful himself, who can be sniped, becoming mandatory in any list that actually wants to play a fair game.

I'm NOT looking forward to this edition.

24 minutes ago, generalchaos34 said:

why does it feel like SCE are going to get shafted?

Because we've yet to see a rule change that is beneficial to us, while every rule change previewed so far seems to work in favor of some of our worst match-ups

12 minutes ago, Requizen said:

So just the dwarves will get the shaft then =P

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

It's unlikely that most of the Stormcast battalions are not going to see changes in the next codex. Counting any battalion as doing what it does now is a risky endeavor.

Alright guys, you can go ahead and be as pessimistic as you'd like. I have 100% confidence that they won't let their flagship army be garbage in the new edition that they're hyping lol, especially with all the new models they want to sell.

Archived