The Future of the "Let's Chat" Topics - YOU Decide

The Future of the "Let's Chat" Topics  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to Lock the "Let's Chat" topics as the information in them is old or do you want us to keep them open as the information is useful and you like the discussion?

• Lock!
    • Keep!

This poll is closed to new votes

With the second edition of Age of Sigmar about to arrive within the next few weeks, there has been some debate on the Mod team about the future of the "Let's Chat" Topics. Some of us are for locking them whilst some of us want to keep them open.

So we've all decided that you folks should pick!

Do you want us to Lock the topics as the information in them is old or do you want us to Keep them open as the information is useful and you like the discussion?

Feel free to add your thoughts about your choice below ?

EDIT : There is some confusion about the LOCK answer. If they are locked, new topics will be created 

I voted Lock. 

Reason being, for me, that the longer threads get unwieldy. Besides which, a link to the past threads in the 1st post never goes amiss and I personally find it easier to track a thread of go over information from P1, than P71 and try and find what's changed, stuff as it develops. 

Besides, Locked doesn't mean deleted. They're still there for people to reference should they need to. 

When you say lock them, does that mean you intend to create new 'lets chat' threads for 2.0?

Perhaps creating the new thread, and linking to the old, locked, thread in the original post? There will still be plenty of information that is relevant in the old threads so making them easy to find would still be helpful.

11 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

The information is gonna be outdated but those threads are useful, might I suggest a third option? A reboot, where you lock them and proceed to open new ones, maybe better organised.

4 minutes ago, silentdeathz said:

When you say lock them, does that mean you intend to create new 'lets chat' threads for 2.0?

Perhaps creating the new thread, and linking to the old, locked, thread in the original post? There will still be plenty of information that is relevant in the old threads so making them easy to find would still be helpful.

Yes, if they are locked, there will be a reboot or new topic ;) 

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Just to confirm - locking them will mean creating new ones!  We're not meanies you know ;)

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yes, if they are locked, there will be a reboot or new topic ;) 

Then "lock" it is, by far the cleaniest method and an opportunity to better manage this kind of thread.

I would say lock. A lot of the info will be completely invalid when AoS 2 happens . 

Heck, I think it would be better to make "let's chat" topic along with the version of the GHB being used. Just so it remains up to date.  

Also (personal annoyance  of mine): don't allow people to make let's chat topics until the actual book is released an all the info is there. Most of the first 10 pages of the Legions of Nagash version (as an example) is filled with speculation about how their regeneration is nerfed in the new book based on leaks... And in no way reflects actual reality. 

Lock for sure. Not only will some info be outdated, but a few of them are extremely intimidating for a newbie just from a page count standpoint. Starting new threads and keeping the old ones archived seems like a great option.

Rename them to "Let's Chat..... V1.0" and make a sub-forum for a "AoS V1.0" for them.

Then make "Let's Chat.... V2.0" as normal.

Basically, like on many other forums, useful old threads and info is displaced to a sub-area were previous editions are stored. Info will still be available, and those that still want to use or play that version have their space. This can apply for future editions too. "Officially obsolete" info does not mean it has no use (ie. Oldhammer & such things).

M2C. 

I like the idea of locking and restarting for a clean start in 2.0, and along those same lines, I'd even throw in the idea to lock the current large and unwieldy rumors thread and start a new rumors thread, and maybe even a sanctioned News and Releases thread as catch all for information that's official and not quite rumor anymore.

1 hour ago, VBS said:

Rename them to "Let's Chat..... V1.0" and make a sub-forum for a "AoS V1.0" for them.

Then make "Let's Chat.... V2.0" as normal. 

Completely agreed with this.

Obsolete topics would be still free to use for any purpose, but in the same time would not confuse newcomers who would start AoS in new edition.

6 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just to confirm - locking them will mean creating new ones!  We're not meanies you know ;)

I am still suffering PTSD from another game, another forum, where a new edition resulted in deletion of all faction forums...  Much appreciated!

Oops.  I voted to keep open but then read that new topics would be created in their place.  Now I vote Lock with a recommendation that a link be included to the archived thread.  

New players can be intimidated with a long chat.  A new ed dropping is a good point to just start over to avoid the bloat.

Archived