Season of War Stories

cranect

I have been playing quite a few Multiplayer games and getting a ton of value from a Bastiladon with an Ark of Sotek. I stick Mystic Shield on him and throw him into the middle of the map and deal 12 mortal wounds at the start of every combat phase :D

Mine is in battle reps section but the GrymFyrd Lodge got beat up by recurring 100 beastmen units reinforcing but the smiters tunneled up a Runeson on Magmabomb and 20 Vulkites to push back the reinforcements sections and eventually close in for the kill. Order major victory. Also some painting points.

I played that same objective twice so far. The first Tim my warherd smashed the poor assorted tzeentch chaos army. The other my warherd teamed up with son skaven and we beat sylvaneth and high elves. That mission is the toughest for me yet since at 1000 points the warherd is only 11 models...

image.jpeg

I played my first Season of War game tonight and had loads and loads of fun. I was fighting for Order with Freeguild and Duardin allies, standing firm against the Ironjawz.

This was also my first game under the new Matched Play rules. 2000pts playing scenario 1 'Take and Hold'.

The game started well with my formidable gunline laying down lots of shots on Goddrak and his Maw Krusha. The Fyreslayers swore oaths for the finishing blow and in a blaze of glory failed to take off the remaining 6 wounds and got themselves all killed (pictured above).

Goddrak didn't survive past the second turn however, eventually being slain by a Freeguild Archer :P

image.jpgThings went badly as soon as the Weird Nob got in range however. Foot of Gork squashed my Freeguid General Monty Python style and broke all my synergies (mainly the 'Hold the Line' ability and the Order allegiance bravery shenanigans). That allowed my left flank to get swamped with brutes.

Foot of Gork came down again and squashed my second Freeguild Hero (although not before he slew the Orruk Megaboss!), and Foot of Gork came down later and squashed 11 Freeguild Swordsmen!

All of a sudden, instead of playing for the win, I was playing for the draw to keep my own objective safe! In the end the Ironjawz won a minor victory on kill points.

A total blast of a game and it was so great to play with both points and base-to-base measuring in a GW store. Can't wait till next week!

Yes, it's a great model and paint job from one of the staff members at Bristol! What's also cool is despite the Order dominance on a global scale my store is currently ruled by Death.image.jpeg

of course, I'll be hoping to win it back for Order :-)

I had a game last night as well.  I fought against Khorne Bloodbound using a mixed Aelf list of Wanderers/Darkling Coven/Order Serpentis.  I took a severe beating by his dual slaughter priests but eventually my big unit of 20 executioners and my Wanderer heroes win the day for me.  Arcane bodkins and hail of doom arrow aren't that impressive :(

Well I got two games in today. One victory that should not have been and one loss that should not have been. I will start with the victory since it was first.

The armies were sylvaneth vs warherds. We were using the week 2 scenario.

Sylvaneth:

Spirit of Durthu was selected as the champion

Treelord Ancient

5 Spite revenants

10 Dryads

Warherds

Doombull was selected as champion

Ghorgon

9 minotaurs in units of 3

Bullgor Stampede battalion

So the doombull and durthu squared off and durthu creamed the doombull.

The sylvaneth had initiative and the treelord ancient summoned in another sylvaneth wildwood in his territory. The spite revenants also moved into the 3 base wildwood in the middle with their teleport thing. Durthu advanced and shot 1.5 bullgors to death. On my turn the ghorgon and a unit of minotaurs charged the spirit of durthu. Another unit goes through a portal and charges the treelord ancient. The last unit of minotaurs who got shot charge the revenants. At the end of the combat phase the minotaurs and ghorgon did a total of 4 wounds with the mortal wounds and combat. The revenants only lost 2 to the charge mortal wounds and killed the two minotaurs. The ancient took 10 wounds and killed a little more than one minotaur. On his turn the revenants and dryads move towards the battle with durthu to help him out. The treelord ancient kills the minotaurs on him and durthu kills the minotaurs off but gets demolished by the ghorgon. I win initiative and my only model the ghorgon moves to the treelord ancient and makes the 9 inch charge with a 12. It then proceeded to take 10 wounds off it and kill it since it had healed itself. The ghorgon is sitting on 11 wounds out of 14 and mails the revenants that charged it since the dryads failed. On my turn the ghorgon charges the dryads and eats 9 of them with his maw attack that activated the bloodgreed.

In the second battle I was up against an elf list with 10 sword masters, a dragon noble, a guy on a griffon, and 5 dragon princes. The mauled the doombull in the challenge duel thing with the dragon. Then he won initiative and retreated with the dragon and griffon. I move everyone up and lose one minotaur going through the portal. The minotaurs charge the dragon princes and kill one with the impact hits. Then they miss all 5 attacks that hit on 3s since they got the +1 to hit and get reduced to just the champ with one wound left. He moves back further and kills the champ and I move up again. Third turn I win initiative and charge two units of minotaurs and the ghorgon. The minotaurs kill a few sword masters, the griffon, and the ghorgon takes the dragon down 9 wounds. The dragon killed 2/3 minotaurs in one unit. The dragon princes charge from behind and the dragon fails to finish the minotaur and does 7 wounds to the ghorgon. The dragon princes and sword masters get reduced to 1 man each. There are those two and the dragon left for him. I have the ghorgon and 4 minotaurs to fight them. The swordmaster is killed but the 2 other minotaurs in the unit fail to kill the dragon prince for now. The ghorgon whiffs and takes 6 wounds in return. The other minotaur whiffs and is killed. In the last turn the dragon kills off the minotaurs and the ghorgon...

There you guys go. I meant to take pictures but sadly I forgot.

I got a game in yesterday with my new model. I ran a game at 500 points with gorthor the beastlord and 2 units of 20 gors. I was up against a chaos sorcerer lord and 20 warriors. We basically just met in the middle and the gors took heavy losses due to battleshock. I think I lost 15 when all was over to his 4 warriors. Gorthor was a blender and when the lord charged to finish him off he was the one who went down. Eventually it was gorthor and about 10 gors vs 3 warriors and we called it because he had to go. It was a lot of fun and it taught him a lot since he had nor played before.

Archived