• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant over the course of a battle. Grots are bravery 4, 3 when near your bellowed. 6 of these guys can do 18 damage, so with a dice roll of 6 for battleshock plus 18 from models lost in a single turn a 40 man unit of Grots can lose 21 to battleshock 

statistically unlikely but mathematically possible that you then gain +21 bravery permenantly due to a run of 6s.

also current wording says that if this happens near ANY guild symbols not just this units, that this unit gets to roll. So it’s poossible all your assemblers gain that +21

have a less severe version of that (+10 a turn playing against a horde army) and then all the assemblers can hit a statistically unassailable level

51 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

I meant over the course of a battle. Grots are bravery 4, 3 when near your bellowed. 6 of these guys can do 18 damage, so with a dice roll of 6 for battleshock plus 18 from models lost in a single turn a 40 man unit of Grots can lose 21 to battleshock 

statistically unlikely but mathematically possible that you then gain +21 bravery permenantly due to a run of 6s.

also current wording says that if this happens near ANY guild symbols not just this units, that this unit gets to roll. So it’s poossible all your assemblers gain that +21

have a less severe version of that (+10 a turn playing against a horde army) and then all the assemblers can hit a statistically unassailable level

Wow, didn't think of that(my bad half asleep and was in an extra credit course so I was busy). I'll get  to work right away.

Some lore for the Rigga Monkey(Orruk Engineer Hero)

While the "Scholars" of Order would have the population believe that all Orruks are mindless Brutes who live to destroy, that is simply not the case. There are rare cases of an Orruk gifted with an above average intelligence(even in terms of Humans Duardin, and Aelves) and a creative imagination, who strive to build some of the truly wondrous and bizarre machines throughout the realms. Often the Warbosses and mega bosses beat this creativity out of them, filling their heads instead with visions of war; sometimes though the gifted Orruk is found by an Iron Baeron, and is brought to the forges of the Furnace Kings.  Given the ability to build whatever they want from the Scrap available in exchange for a few Warmachines a year is often a dream come true for these maniacal genius's. Some of these souls learn to bend the Magic of the realms to their favor, increasing the speed of their machines while stalling their Baeron's foes.rigga-munky.jpg.c28b97983f8504c817f0ad312f4117e2.jpg

Your revision of your Assemblers seems to of skipped your 2.0 edit (the unit description has defaulted back to 1.0 as has the stats on the unfinished blades), the wording tightning up on the banner is good (though still wary of the gamelong buff). For the scrap pile rule you ideally needs to specify a phase "If this unit is within X inches of a scrap pile in your MOVEMENT PHASE etc" just because as it stands you could start by one, use it, move to a second, use it, charge in range of a third and use it all in the same turn etc. When the scrap pile is used it is used up or can one lurk near the same scrap pile (ideally near an objective etc) and use it for multiple turns?

Interesting move making the engineer a wizard, what was the motivation behind that? (as opposed to a seperation of magic and machinery in schools of thought). He could do with both the HERO and ENGINEER keyword so you can work some synergy into the machines benefitting from him nearby. The machine boosts are really cool, by the wording i assume most of your siege engines will be gas/steam/coal powered (Fill er up as opposed to whipping the slaves or push harder)

1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

Your revision of your Assemblers seems to of skipped your 2.0 edit (the unit description has defaulted back to 1.0 as has the stats on the unfinished blades), the wording tightning up on the banner is good (though still wary of the gamelong buff). For the scrap pile rule you ideally needs to specify a phase "If this unit is within X inches of a scrap pile in your MOVEMENT PHASE etc" just because as it stands you could start by one, use it, move to a second, use it, charge in range of a third and use it all in the same turn etc. When the scrap pile is used it is used up or can one lurk near the same scrap pile (ideally near an objective etc) and use it for multiple turns?

Interesting move making the engineer a wizard, what was the motivation behind that? (as opposed to a seperation of magic and machinery in schools of thought). He could do with both the HERO and ENGINEER keyword so you can work some synergy into the machines benefitting from him nearby. The machine boosts are really cool, by the wording i assume most of your siege engines will be gas/steam/coal powered (Fill er up as opposed to whipping the slaves or push harder)

Dang, thought I had it that time, thanks for the heads up. Im thinking Hero Phase for their ability, as for the blades they shall now be 4 to hit/wound. I made it clear one can only use the same scrap pile once. The ENGINEER keyword is a great idea, though I swore I had put the Hero Keyword in originally. as for why he is a wizard, I figured that since they are originally based out of Chamon(metal and sorcerous lore), it would be a good fit.

7 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

So im playing with a unit idea, human(or aelf) wizards captured by the Furnace Kings and driven into a state of pyromania and complete worship to the suneater. What do you guys think?

Sounds interesting, they'd have to look suitably savage/barbaric/psychotic as theyd of stepped away from civilized society to essentially dedicate themselves to watching the world burn. Things like personal hygeine, beard trimming and wardrobe upkeep would likely not be priorities at that stage.

The other darker and more grim prospect is having the Furnace Kings kidnap Wizards and essentially use them a fuel for the great furnaces. Rather than steam or coal powering their mighty machines of war the giant furnace is warded and sealed to contain magic, inside a mortal wizard is essentially kept in an Iron Maiden torture device, when the Ogor turns the valve for more power the spikes piece further into the wizards skin, in reaction to the paint their pyromancy flares up essentially functioning as a torture battery for the machine.

With excessive use the wizards would become husks, discarded lifeless and powerless corpses driving the Furnace Kings onwards to seize more and more mortals of magical prowess to power their machine.

On 6/24/2018 at 6:42 PM, TheR00zle said:

So im playing with a unit idea, human(or aelf) wizards captured by the Furnace Kings and driven into a state of pyromania and complete worship to the suneater. What do you guys think?

Sounds suitable psychopathic and brutal for a ogors faction. I also like Melcavuks idea of having the furnace kings use them as living batteries. 
This reminds me of an older animated TV show called Oban Star Racer. 

One of the teams had a ship that was powered by a number of fire breathing slugs:
95a15351a6d287074ec3191334a26250.jpg.d05747468b3f3a1c20f562561ce27b92.jpgSnapshot_dvd_15.16_-2011_11_11_17_27.36-.jpg.8a310c236a2d60d6f142526461dfccbf.jpg

Maybe the Furnace Kings could make use of different fire affine magical animals? When coal gets sparse a living fire could come in handy. 
As seen with other animals in the current miniature line, Ogors are no strangers to animal cruelty...

On 6/26/2018 at 12:01 PM, Gecktron said:

Sounds suitable psychopathic and brutal for a ogors faction. I also like Melcavuks idea of having the furnace kings use them as living batteries. 
This reminds me of an older animated TV show called Oban Star Racer. 

One of the teams had a ship that was powered by a number of fire breathing slugs:
95a15351a6d287074ec3191334a26250.jpg.d05747468b3f3a1c20f562561ce27b92.jpgSnapshot_dvd_15.16_-2011_11_11_17_27.36-.jpg.8a310c236a2d60d6f142526461dfccbf.jpg

Maybe the Furnace Kings could make use of different fire affine magical animals? When coal gets sparse a living fire could come in handy. 
As seen with other animals in the current miniature line, Ogors are no strangers to animal cruelty...

I remember watching this show, the Idea of them using fire animals is interesting.

Archived