The Painting Contract - June 2018

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't painted for a couple of months due to being busy with work, family, life.

But This month I'm hoping to finish my Nagash and maybe a feculent Gnarlmaw. And Mortarion, but he's not AOS so I won't post any pictures of him here. I did manage to paint my Lord of Plagues who was patiently waiting, all primed and ready for about 2 years now. Here he is:

2018-05 Lord of Plagues 1000 x 1000kopie.jpg

On 5/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, Kramer said:

As I keep changing my pledge I'm going to try something different. I have a box of half painted stuff (which I all love and want to finish) so until I leave on holiday the 18th I'm going to do 5x 30min every week minimum. And seeing how far i'm going to get. So in the box:
- cauldron of blood 
 Medusa
- 10 witches
- 2 old skool spawn of chaos
 Steelheart warband

Happy with the new emoji options on desktop now I can tick everything off. ? and the newest two completed pledges are (glamour shot at the end of the month):

2395658A-680F-4021-808E-CFBC90AFF040.jpeg.8c4048c85e21f69871b5f7ff7d701bb5.jpeg

Ooh I really like that Avatar of Khaine.

Shock horror: another update! Finished building Mr. Turtle and have actually got the first bit of paint on him! A friend brought his airbrush round and we liberally coated the shell (and the murder-unicorn-seahorse) with Vallejo Metallic Red, then added a bit of Metallic Green on the flippers before the airbrush got gummed up somehow. 

WP_20180607_18_48_27_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20180607_18_48_42_Pro_LI.jpg

21 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Very productive evening - finished my exalted deathbringer to complete my Gorechosen set. [...]

There are actually rules for 6 more models for Gorechosen, so to completely finish out the set you would want to get:

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear 

Slaughterpriest with Hack-blade and Wrathhammer

Bloodstoker

Bloodsecrator

Skaar Bloodwrath (Rules in Sept 2016 WD)

Valkyia the Bloody (Rules in Sept 2016 WD) (If I am going to add her to my army, I will likely do a custom kitbash ... not a fan of the Finecast)

23 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

There are actually rules for 6 more models for Gorechosen, so to completely finish out the set you would want to get:

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear 

Slaughterpriest with Hack-blade and Wrathhammer

Bloodstoker

Bloodsecrator

Skaar Bloodwrath (Rules in Sept 2016 WD)

Valkyia the Bloody (Rules in Sept 2016 WD) (If I am going to add her to my army, I will likely do a custom kitbash ... not a fan of the Finecast)

These guys? ?

IMG_1016.JPG

6 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

These guys? ?

IMG_1016.JPG

Nice!!!!!

You are so much further ahead than I am on that set! LoL

Did you know about the “unofficial” errata that came up on Facebook and James Hewitt posted it up on BGG (it never made it into an official errata pdf that I’m aware of)

Here's an errata for Gorechosen, from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page: 

Atorg Bloodbringer (page 14)

Atorg's Kill Zone diagram is incorrect – it should be three dark blue hexes, showing the three hexes in his front arc. In other words, his Kill Zone is identical to Vexnar the Reaper's."

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1644165/errata-any-questions

7 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Nice!!!!!

You are so much further ahead than I am on that set! LoL

Did you know about the “unofficial” errata that came up on Facebook and James Hewitt posted it up on BGG (it never made it into an official errata pdf that I’m aware of)

Here's an errata for Gorechosen, from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page: 

Atorg Bloodbringer (page 14)

Atorg's Kill Zone diagram is incorrect – it should be three dark blue hexes, showing the three hexes in his front arc. In other words, his Kill Zone is identical to Vexnar the Reaper's."

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1644165/errata-any-questions

Thanks for the FAQ update, was not aware.

Ive been painting khorne for about 18 months and like the heros. I also have  2 lords, another priest and some daemon heros, but I mainly use the same ones in gorepilgrims . I am hoping in second ed some of these get a run out now

Already working on some Nighthaunt but i expect to finish this month my "Tormented Spirit Box". And... to finish 10 Witch Aelves and a Cauldron of Blood... they are 50% painted since 3months and i NEED to finish some work!!

14 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

That sorcerer looks epic! What did you use to make him?

Thanks! He is a pair of legs from a blightking, head, arms, body from a pusgoyle blightlord, right hand is a chopped down one from a warshrine ogor creature (any open hand would do, nurgle has quite a few which is nice). Also used a spare loincloth from somewhere in the nurgle range but literally  any would work with a bit of chopping. The swarm is from bloab rotspawned, and the head I attached to the front is from the plague drones.

I have just finished his staff/wand as well, which was a spare piece of arachnarok howdah, and the staff head from the malignant plaguecaster. I scavenged that part off a GW York regular, so didn't have the bottom half but I like the stick I used, it looks unrefined but also has that notch, which to me makes sense if he is holding it with a tentacle, helps to have that resting on it. 

I am a complete greenstuff novice but found this a good stepping stone, just had to sculpt the join between flies and deaths head, and the extra fat roll to cover the gap between legs and body.

IMG_20180610_014304__01.jpg

IMG_20180610_014300__01.jpg

New member, long time painter

This month -

3 Ogre Chariots from Kings of War

10 Wyche Elves

5 Khinerai LIfetakers

30 Savage Orc Morboys

Assemble about 20 misc Savage Orcs, Convert some Feral Orks (You'll see)

Stretch goals

Ogre Characters

Feral Orc Morboys

Archived