Goodwin

Hey hey!,

Let's get some Tales of Woe up here.  How is everyone doing in the Season of War?

Friday -

Played the GW store's first Season of War game in a 2v3 - Khorne Daemons and Beastmen (me) picked up the victory.  My two painted Warscrolls put the local GW in the hands of CHAOS.

Saturday -

Played the other local hobby store's first Season of War game as well.  Ironjawz vs Beastmen.  Picked up the victory here.  No one else in today, so cast another store into the clutches of Chaos.

Then played Ogres vs Beastmen  for the TRIPLE WIN... but failed.  Ogres ran a train over me.  This was at a friend's house so whichever store I end up at next will get the record.

Played my Nurgley Skaven/Daemon combo on Friday, first time I used the army and it was against Stormcast, really impressed with my survivability but lacked the stabby stabby kill finish and lost. My store is GW Leicester and I think I am the only Chaos person competing, so not off to a great start, I do paint though so there will be a little bit of red going on soon once I finished the scrolls I have.

There is a lot of Order, in particularly Stormcast, would be happy to receive any unit advice to help take down some Stormcast a bit better whilst also carrying on my theme of Smelly and Gruesome.

Currently running:

Verminlord Corruptor,
Plague Furnace,
Plagueclaw,
20 Plague Monks,

Herald of Nurgle,
20 Plague Bearers,
3 Plague Drones.

I am currently at 2 wins here. Chaos is ahead 6-2 chaos to order. Death and destruction haven't been used yet. My warherd has cut through deamons of tzeentch and with the help of skaven allies we cut through sylvaneth and high elves. Warherds are extremely strong with all the great weapons. At 1000 points I'm running the bullgor stampede and it has yet to stop since we have seen points out. Well not true in a game of 1600-1000 with me down it came down to one or two dice rolls.... Warherds are nuts.

I am currently running:

1 Doombull

3x 3 man bullgor units with banner and drummer using great weapons

1 Ghorgon

1 Bullgor Stampede battalion

For beating Stormcast minotaurs work well but I don't know if they fit your theme very much. For 180 points 3 minotaurs hit hard.

My FLGS is running an expansion league to help ease folks into Sigmar, which is pretty great. I'm running a Chaos Undivided demon army. This first week we are running 200 point games, with some special rules, to spice up the low model count. It was essentially like Kill Team in 40k, if you've ever played it. Basically, each model could move independently and counted as their own unit. 

Anyway, I ran a unit of Seekers of Slaanesh (5 models) and a unit of Nurglings (3 models). The league has a scenario to play each week, and this time around it was a King of the Hill style battle, in which we had 3 turns to control a central point with either our general or (if both generals were dead), with the most models.

First game I was up against a big old band of Iron Jawz, who are some tough customers. I got a bit cheesy and played for the objective, charging my Seekers in to bog his Boyz up in CC, while my general Nurgling sat in the back of the objective, flanked on either side by the other Nurglings. He made quick work of the Seekers, but not before they assassinated his general. Due to the time limit, and my placement of the nurglings, he couldn't work through all those wounds to get to my general. Count one for the bad guys.

Second game I was facing down 5 Hexwraiths and a Spirit Host. Since Death got to go first, he got to get the jump on me and bum rushed his wraiths into the objective. He left is general spirit host behind, unprotected, though. I split up my seekers, sent three around to take out the leader, with the other two running interference on the wraiths on the objective, with the Nurglings slowly coming up in front. His leader went down quick,and the seekers did their job holding most of the wraiths in place on the objective. While the rest of my seekers came in to clear up the wraiths, one of them got away and managed to tie up my general. However, my general still managed to retreat away to the objective in time for the major victory. Not that it mattered, as I still had more units on the point, but it was the principal of the matter. 

So all in all, two wins went up for Chaos, and looking at the online pie-chart, it looks like the rest of my Chaos brethren continued to sweep as well. Proud to say my FLGS is soldily in the hands of Chaos. Now we just need the rest of the US to step up. :P Looking forward to stepping up the 400 points next week. Probably going to add a Herald of Nurgle and a 10-demon squad of Plaguebringers.

Had two games at 1500pts over the weekend  running Khorne daemons/Bloodbound against sylvaneth.  Each of the games were close with chaos winning due to objectives.

Game 1:

My list                                                                                  Sylvaneth

General: mighty lord of Khorne                           General: Alarielle "caster of casters and master of dung beetles"

1 unit of 10 bloodwarriors                                     1 unit of dryads 10 maybe 20

1 unit of reavers                                                      Ancient treelord

2 units of wrathmongers                                        2 units of Kurnoth hunters with bows     

Bloodsecrator                                                          branch wych

Bloodthirster of fury

1 unit of flesh hounds

Valkia      

1 unit of bloodwarriors                   

Alarille pretty much got off her spells this game minus the create a wood spells. Tied up the hunters with the thirster which took off almost half its wounds with one volley of shooting. Sylvaneth drooling at the power of alarielle overcommittied both her and the ancient treelord and crashed my bunker. The wiped out the warriors taking damage leaving room for me to run the mongers in and boom!! After that the hounds were on the wych and I controlled 2 obj. they conceded.

Game 2:

Sylvaneth: kept the same list just dropped the bows and added swords for the Kurnoth hunters

My list: 

General: Aspiring death bringer

1 unit of 10 bloodwarriors                         2 skullcannons

1 unit of reavers                                          1 unit of flesh hounds

2 units of wrathmongers                               

Bloodsecrator                                             

ghorgon

This time they played Alarielle more defensively  and sent in the trees  and started dropping forests left and right. Kurnoth hunters started wiping out the warriors thank god for the pile in attack when dead. The Ghorgon was slapped around by the treelord so he fleed away to allow the mongers in. Cannons killed dryads and that was it once they got tied up with the hunters. I was able to get a couple mongers into alarielle after I got through the dryad shield and BOOM! Down she goes thank you. Treelord survives the monger bomb and teleports away the rest is destroyed minus a kurnoth hunter and the tree lord. Again they conceded the game.

Things I've learned 2 units of wrathmongers are needed because you are most likely to run into 2 behemoths in a 100 -1500 list. Ghorgons are trash and weaken too easily on the damage table. Too bad I cant run the godbeast formation that marks them with Khorne.  Skull cannons while good against blocks of infantry just couldn't get through to hit elites with my rolls. The bloodbound synergy is solid with the warriors and punishing.

I next plan to run  Skaarac with 2 bloodthirsters of rage, 2 stokers, with min.  warriors, reavers, and flesh hounds. cant wait to see what happens

I have been trying to write chaos lists this week but really struggle to get something i want.

Archaon was where i wanted to go, but with the Everchosen being so limited and high in points (1300 for Archaon, Gaunt Summoner, 3 Varanguard and the Overlords of Chaos Formation), it doesnt leave you much for an army or Battleline units.

Always planned and wanted to run mounted models (knights and characters), but with the limitations you cant.

What battle line units have you guys found good so far? I am considering dedicating to 1 god and then looking at the daemon option for battle units or maybe just use Bloodreavers for cheap body count.

hilariously my ghorgon the other day was the only thing to do well. Normally he does half decent but I just soaks wounds for the minotaurs. Last Saturday be kill the spirit of durthu and the treelord ancient in one turn... Then he killed the 3 spite revenants and 10 drayds easily. I like the ghorgon. If you pair him with a minotaur then when you roll a 4+ to wound he gets extra attacks. Since I can only run the bullgor stampede right now at 1000 points he gets 2 instead. Normally he will wipe units if he gets to them. Monsters not so much but units get eaten.

Also once the other two arrive I can run the godbeasts formation with the 3 units of minotaurs being 6 strong each.

On 7/26/2016 at 10:02 AM, cranect said:

hilariously my ghorgon the other day was the only thing to do well. Normally he does half decent but I just soaks wounds for the minotaurs. Last Saturday be kill the spirit of durthu and the treelord ancient in one turn... Then he killed the 3 spite revenants and 10 drayds easily. I like the ghorgon. If you pair him with a minotaur then when you roll a 4+ to wound he gets extra attacks. Since I can only run the bullgor stampede right now at 1000 points he gets 2 instead. Normally he will wipe units if he gets to them. Monsters not so much but units get eaten.

Also once the other two arrive I can run the godbeasts formation with the 3 units of minotaurs being 6 strong each.

I was hoping they would include the formation in the generals handbook so I could secrator buff them.... dashed hopes.  I guess the ghorgons effectiveness really depends on how the opponent prioritizes. Once I move the ghorgon out the ranged shots begin to fly at him and his combat effectiveness drops so quickly compared to other monsters. Perhaps I just need to field more.

1 hour ago, Swamp_Toe said:

I was hoping they would include the formation in the generals handbook so I could secrator buff them.... dashed hopes.  I guess the ghorgons effectiveness really depends on how the opponent prioritizes. Once I move the ghorgon out the ranged shots begin to fly at him and his combat effectiveness drops so quickly compared to other monsters. Perhaps I just need to field more.

Yes he tends to like to block arrows with his face. I was hoping it would be in there too honestly for basically the same reason. As long as you only count on him to be an arrow magnet he shall always fulfill his purpose. Normally they shoot him and then the minotaurs chop them.

Archived