Let's chat : the slaves to darkness /dark oath

Arkiham

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lord of Chaos on foot is now 40 points more expensive, probably to compensate for the free Chaos Spawn on death, or Daemon Prince replacement.

Warshrine is 20 points cheaper than last year.

The most impacting change i think is that Chaos Marauders can no longer be taken in minimum units of 10. You have to take them in 20s now.

No point changes for the Chaos Lord on Manticore who could really use a reduction or Chaos Chosen.

sure, but that is now. Perhaps we'll get some of the wishes granted in the new tome, in whatever form that takes.  Also chosen are a very old model now so I hope that we see them getting (deleted out or) re-imagined when the faction is more fleshed out.

21 minutes ago, Roark said:

These aren't known yet, right?

The points are mostly known (just missing the battalions, marauder cav, and gorebeast chariot points): -20 pts for Warshrine, +40 for Chaos Lords, Marauders now 20 minimum instead of 10, but we don't know the allegiance abilities and don't have updated warscrolls yet. Marks of chaos were mentioned to have changed in the faction focus, so Chaos Lords of all types may have updated warscrolls.

21 minutes ago, Asamu said:

The points are mostly known (just missing the battalions, marauder cav, and gorebeast chariot points): -20 pts for Warshrine, +40 for Chaos Lords, Marauders now 20 minimum instead of 10, but we don't know the allegiance abilities and don't have updated warscrolls yet. Marks of chaos were mentioned to have changed in the faction focus, so Chaos Lords of all types may have updated warscrolls.

Nah mate, I was talking about:

Chaos Knights

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

Is the Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Horse still a thing?  I know we were worried about losing the option to take a mount for the foot lord.  I was just about to convert one up before news of AOS 2.0 dropped so I decided to wait a bit. 

On 6/16/2018 at 5:36 AM, carnith said:

I wanted to add Slaves to my Slaanesh army with some chosen, but it seems like it'll mostly be a hobby project and for narrative games

I just finished converting a 1k infantry list for hosts;

Daemon prince

Lord of Slaanesh on mount 

Lord of Chaos

The Masque 

3 x 5 Warriors of Chaos 

1 x 5 Chosen

+1 Command Point 

1000pts 

I'm not sure how good it'll be, it's pretty much just a collection of models i had left after splitting 3k of S2D and random others into three 1k forces (tzeentch caster list, unmarked cavalry, and mortal hosts).

I hope to see, one day, a battletome for the StD. Just for them or combine with the Everchosen.
When i start playing AoS, it was with the StD. One friend of my said to me "don't start with them, they are an old army and they are not the same as battle" but the chaos knights really attracte me, so i buy them.
3 months later, the first GHB was released and i was hopping some change for them.

When the ghb came out, i realise two things : a non-sense allegiance ability and the fact that play StD allegiance will be not competitive  as all.

With the release of the kohrne, tzeentch and nurgle battletome the gap between an army with battletome and an army without one was huge.
So, i have choose a battletome (two to be exact), and it works really well. And i'm very glad about my army of Nurgle mortal but ... the problem is you need to mix your army, you take the best of the two and combine them but ... you can't only play StD.

For me now, StD are not good but not bad. You need to combine them because there is always one unit who are better to do what you can really do and the heros can't boost them enough. For exemple, if you combine 40 marauders with Glotkin magic and Harbinger of Decay command ability, it's 40 men with 2 wounds 5+ invulnerable ... you can't do something similar with only StD and it's too bad.

So i really hope a Battletome for them because it will be the only to play them as a Pure Std army.

Archived