New Player - Help Expanding AoS Starter Khorne

Schlottdogg

21 minutes ago, Schlottdogg said:

What should I be looking to do for expanding the Khorne half of the AoS Starter? Do I get a Bloodbound SC box, Slaves of Darkness SC box,  Khorne Daemons SC box, or something else?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Well it depends are going for a hard hitting bloodboumd army or more if a mix of everything khorny.

Anyways going for the bloodboumd part will give you 10more Bloodwarriors, which can be a pain in the ass for your enemy. (Give the glaube with the 2 damage to your champion of that unit, 3 attacks and with the Banner even 4 will reck any hero who thought he could survive Bloodwarriors.

next thing you will get is a Blood priest which is very handy especially with the blood frenzy prayer. Now you have a killing Bloodwarriors horde or if you prefer mortal wounds, give the prayer to a unit of 30Bloodletter, with it they now hit on 2pluses and will generate mortal wounds on 4s.

and lastly you will get some Skullcrushers which are for their points a very tanky and bloody unit (they are right now better then Bloodcrusher.)

with the daemon start collecting you’ll get some Bloodletters which are great meatshields (but than again everything is more or less meatshields for me, maybe this is the reason I play skaven most of the time ??),

some Bloodcrusher (right now a very bad choice it’s better to stick with the skull crushers) and lastly a Skullthrone. (I’m not sure what it does seems very unnecessary in the game. But best thing you can do with it is to make a skull cannon out of it and glue the Bloodmaster on a separate base).

so yeah if your trying to expand yourself more on Daemons like getting 30 Bloodletters and 3Skullcannon, this would probably be your choice. But if I were you I would rather stick with the Bloodbound set.

as for slave to darkness, if your trying to get some heavy meatshields and a sorcerer, than this is probably your choice just remember that you’ll have to take the sorcerer as a Allie option since wizards cannot take the mark of Khorne, or be a daemon of khorne.

well I hope this helped ya

I agree with Skreech, everything in the SC Bloodbound is excellent. For daemons, Bloodcrushers and skull cannon/blood throne are not very good right now so you would probably be better off buying several boxes of bloodletters instead. For StD, chaos warriors are very slightly cheaper blood warriors with less offensive power but the save against mortal wounds makes them better defensively, the sorcerer lord is a good support unit but not very thematic if that is important to you.

I would (and have personally) get the Bloodbound SC because you are going to use every unit. 

• 4 months later...

I'm a new player developing my Khorne army, and I've found it helpful to look at potential battalions I want to kind of direct my buying. I'm pretty much entirely Bloodbound (except for an impulse buy of a unit of Bloodletters), and I've made a decent start with the AoS starter box, buying a friend's half of his AoS box, and picking up a copy of Gorechosen at the local GW (which is 4 heroes for $60, including the Slaughterpriest!). With that I can run the Dark Feast battalion, and I intend to add more reavers to make is a wave of death!

Archived