No Destruction Models Revealed at Warhammer Fest?

Congratz

I can't be the only one who is a little bit disappointed right? ;)
However it seems like all the Harbringer's will get an army, with the new nighthaunt and Chamber for stormcast, so maybe Moonclan is up next! :D

Wha do ye warbosses think uv' dis

37 minutes ago, Congratz said:

However it seems like all the Harbringer's will get an army, with the new nighthaunt and Chamber for stormcast, so maybe Moonclan is up next! :D

Moonclan has to be coming soon. Xmas/New Years at the latest is my guess. In the mean time I'm excited for new points to shake up lists.

Even though I knew the next release where night haunt and stormcast wizard I was still kind of disappointed.  The death release Is understandable since they haven't gotten new models yet but I felt disappointed with more stormcast release even though I knew they where coming. 

But I look at the Brightside, AoS is growing pretty good now, we get that Maw spell model and moonclan maybe is comming within the year (rumor was September ) Hopefully Ironjawz wave 2 and Grot bag scuttler next year. 

Their could be some reveal on AoS opening day on the end of June 

edit: also my wallet can breath a sigh of relief for the time being.

I'm definitely ready for new Destruction minis, they're bound to have stuff in the works - Moonclan this year would be fantastic! 

We've had no new Ogor minis since the Ogre Kingdoms range was expanded back in 2011, right? On the greenskin side of things, we got the lovely but limited Ironjawz range, a few Grot Scuttlings, and a Shaman since the last O&G releases around mid 2012 IIRC (maybe a couple of things from Forge World too?). Not a lot of new models for 6 years.

Deep down every model is a destruction model. My Ogor cavalry are having that new stormcast mounts. Definately putting a grot shaman on the necromunda croc and doing terrible things with the giant Forgeworld dragon when it comes out.

I think the announcements for the core rules and new magic will give us a good shot in the arm - not to mention the new GHB which is supposed to be hot on the heels of the new edition.

New models would be great, but they will come eventually.  I am excited enough for the chance to be able to make better use of the things we already have.

20 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

New models would be great, but they will come eventually.  I am excited enough for the chance to be able to make better use of the things we already have.

I completely agree... We already have 3 battletome so we are not quite like death when all they had was FEC. I still have projects left in order to finish up my BCR, IJ, and BS armies. Almost have 1 of everything painted and on the shelf. I'd actually prefer they fix those 3 armies with points and missions before dropping a new say battletome moonclan on us.

7 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

I completely agree... We already have 3 battletome so we are not quite like death when all they had was FEC. I still have projects left in order to finish up my BCR, IJ, and BS armies. Almost have 1 of everything painted and on the shelf. I'd actually prefer they fix those 3 armies with points and missions before dropping a new say battletome moonclan on us.

I agree.

I am 1000% ready for a Moonclan battletome as Night Goblins & Squigs are possibly my favorite thing that GW has ever produced.  I am 999% ready for an expansion of Spiderfang because my love of Forest Goblins is almost as old as that for Night Goblins - and giant spiders are awesome.

But I would still prefer to see the currently released factions across all Grand Alliances brought to a state of more relative parity before we just release new stuff.  I don't have any Beastclaw stuff, but I always liked those Ogre models and I would be interested to pick up a force.  I am simply holding off due to that faction needing a bit more expansion and to be brought up to be more in line with newer battletomes and the current rules.  The same thing goes for Ironjawz - although I will buy into those regardless of the state of the rules because I just love Greenskins and those models are great. 

I also have a good sized Bonesplitterz force that was from my occasionally played Savage Orc army in WFB.  I would very much like to overhaul that force into a melee-oriented Bonesplitterz army.  I might play an archer focused Kunnin Rukk on occasion - but in the end that is not what I want thematically from a Bonesplitterz army.  What I want is a bunch of frenzied savage lunatics hitting people in the face with rocks and bones while their insane shaman cast augmenting spells and blast the enemy apart with raw Waaagh! magic.  I am really hoping that the changes to the core rules, the GHB, and maybe a warscroll update will move Bonesplitterz back in that direction.  I don't want the Kunnin Rukk to be removed or invalidated as a playstyle - I just want it to not be the only truly effective way to play and the obvious best.

Archived