Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

5 hours ago, Nikobot said:

Has any looked at the wording of the Sword... "Pick one of the bearer's melee weapons to be the Sword of Judgement."

This wording looks slightly different to existing items that go like "Pick one of the bearer's weapons" and then go straight into abilities...

They don't suggest a replacement type scenario.

Anyone read anything into this? Could be an underlying magic item rules section in the future where magic items might replace an attack profile? or existing abilities?

Hard to figure out in this case because there is no suggested replacement attack profile

Just the wording it a little odd on this one...

I think that's the same as other artifacts.  The weapon retains its profile, but now hit  rolls of 6+ inflict D6 mortal wounds.  Nothing questionable there.

However, in that text, "Hero" and "Monster" should be in KEYWORD BOLD, I think.  I've been noticing a lot of sloppy text like this in these preview rules.  I hope it's just an error when transferring it to the image for the web, and not that it's slipped by and into books that are either at or on their way back from the printer's as we speak.  :/

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rob Hawkins said:

I think that's the same as other artifacts.  The weapon retains its profile, but now hit  rolls of 6+ inflict D6 mortal wounds.  Nothing questionable there.

However, in that text, "Hero" and "Monster" should be in KEYWORD BOLD, I think.  I've been noticing a lot of sloppy text like this in these preview rules.  I hope it's just an error when transferring it to the image for the web, and not that it's slipped by and into books that are either at or on their way back from the printer's as we speak.  :/

I've a feeling the boxes have been created for the community site and we'll get them in a more traditional list for the actual book.

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

I've a feeling the boxes have been created for the community site and we'll get them in a more traditional list for the actual book.

That's how I've been reading them too, especially since the before and after ones are in the same format of boxes. They definitely seem too "highlighted" to be screenshots from the book. Makes me wonder if any of them didn't make the translation 100% and have subtle wording differences.

11 hours ago, Nikobot said:

Has any looked at the wording of the Sword... "Pick one of the bearer's melee weapons to be the Sword of Judgement."

This wording looks slightly different to existing items that go like "Pick one of the bearer's weapons" and then go straight into abilities...

They don't suggest a replacement type scenario.

Anyone read anything into this? Could be an underlying magic item rules section in the future where magic items might replace an attack profile? or existing abilities?

Hard to figure out in this case because there is no suggested replacement attack profile

Just the wording it a little odd on this one...

Fairly established AoS convention with artifacts adding extra rules/rend/Damage to the existing weapons 

14 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Has anyone by the way tested the new rules on the battlefield yet? The look out sir, shooting limitation from combat, increased range to the unbinding, etc. should be quite easy to include to the game as they are.

I think it's a bit pointless to test cherry picked rules in a vacuum since we don't know all of what is changing that might counterbalance the new rules.

Why not if you are just playing with your mates? Back in the day GW used to release sort of preview rules for people to freshen out the game before the edition hit (at least before 4th edition 40k there was lots of trial rules and even short sheet of changed rules for changeover). Similarly when Saga 2nd edition rules started coming in the beginning of this year we switched playing with them as they came. It eases the learning curve to the new rules. If I have time to play AoS before June, I'll surely take the new rules in which we have at that point. Would feel strange to play without them as they are nice additions and as the new rules will eventually come anyways in less than months time, it also feels equally pointless playing with the old set, if not for tournament training or something like that.

14 hours ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

Mate for your own sanity I'd try and organise a small narrative campaign or something.

Funny you say that, because I actually was made to start a hobby and interaction with people by my doctor, to avoid being sent to an institution. But A no one plays narrative here, B I don't talk to people more then I have to C I don't know how and where this would suppose to be played. Outside events have to pay the store owner for non store events held at the store, either by buying a pool of prizes, starter armies or pay for the table time. Considering I have zero social skills, starting stuff is not something I could do. I probablly do not want to do it too. Although am never sure of such stuff.

14 hours ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

Last of all, remember that armies fluctuate as they are balanced and fixed and all that good stuff. BCR will be brought back up.

I do hope so. I do worry though, that they are made out of old models, and everyone at my store says that old armies are not going to be updated and that GW is going to buff only armies with new models.

Do people think that in 2.0 GW is going to change points cost of units or battalions, or will this happen later with the general hand book?

24 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

But A no one plays narrative here, B I don't talk to people more then I have to C I don't know how and where this would suppose to be played. Outside events have to pay the store owner for non store events held at the store

First, your store owner is far from the Friendly in FLGS! to your points: A) tie narrative play to a campaign, make it so, that not all games in the campaign are exclusivly narrative, organised or matched, include some from each category, narrative could eg be triggert by certain events, ambushes layed on the campaignmap and the outcome decided by a narrative game. B) See it as an oportunity to engage a bit more with others, as your docs hat in mind when suggesting a social hobby, I know it can be hard, but it will be very rewarding. C) All said on my oppinion on your LGS-owner, but go talk to him/her about a coop on a campaigne. It should be in his/her interest as well.

30 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

Do people think that in 2.0 GW is going to change points cost of units or battalions, or will this happen later with the general hand book?

Both as the GHB should drop right along the new edition or shortly after.

15 hours ago, ledha said:

Sinze you mesure from the base of Kroak to see if he is within 3" of another unit, isn't the size of the Balewind a bit too high for him to take profit of Look Out Sir ?

Balewind Vortex doesn't stop units from existing within 3", it just stops them from ending a move within 3". Chameleon Skinks can deploy anywhere, including directly on top of the vortex.

Kroak will be at -2 to hit with Summon Starlight and the new LOS!

25 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Balewind Vortex doesn't stop units from existing within 3", it just stops them from ending a move within 3". Chameleon Skinks can deploy anywhere, including directly on top of the vortex.

That's super janky and I imagine will not be around for long

1253271473_WhatsAppImage2018-05-24at15_28_01.jpeg.443d9a7ab9eccad1662a210a4f4a9ed7.jpeg

Fresh from the official german Age of Sigmar Facebook page. Its official: summoning will be free for every army. They will use other resources instead. A different one for each faction. The Seraphon will use rituals performed by Astrolith banner bearer and Slann Starmasters to summon new units.

18 hours ago, xking said:

I don't think the setting is becoming "grimdark".  I just think the current story arc is more dark because of the focus on nagash.

Yeah I think that might be a good call - It could be a phase of the story arc that has a lot of dark fantasy elements rather than a full change in direction for the games tone as a whole. Reading between the lines of the interviews Phil Kelly et al have done though - it sound like this will be the core of the narrative for quite a long time - as much of a constant as the war against chaos in WFB.

I think i'm more interested to read those promised 200 pages of lore in 2nd edition than to explore the new rules. I think there will be a lot of clues around the future of all the factions to be found there.

In the mean time, if the story has got a bit too grim, or even dark, for some people. Fear ye not because GW has heard your cries and is releasing this for you :D 

In the first story one of the 12 year old girls terrorises a Bloodthirster by making a holy banner from one of her Justin Beiber posters before the warring pair have to be sorted out by her mother - SigMum the unrelentingly reasonable - Sigmum forces the self riteous little girl to understand that giant red monsters with anger management issues have feelings too. By the end of the book even Blobby Fartpants - the great unclean one from number 39 is allowed to come to sleepovers and Khorne has abandoned his great brass throne for a comedy bean bag placed right at the top of an endless mountain of My Little Ponies. However in a shocking twist that sets up the no doubt equally gripping sequel, the new leader of the Skaven clans  - the great horned doormouse - has used the distraction to steal one of the ancient Lord of Bunnie's carrots in the realm of rainbows! Bunny Prime sets out with his retinue of elite, socially and ethnically diverse Rabbit Riders with the intention to prove one thing and one thing only to the treacherous skaven - stealing in WRONG!! 

I can't wait for AoS 3 :D 

WHadven.JPG

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

1253271473_WhatsAppImage2018-05-24at15_28_01.jpeg.443d9a7ab9eccad1662a210a4f4a9ed7.jpeg

Fresh from the official german Age of Sigmar Facebook page. Its official: summoning will be free for every army. They will use other resources instead. A different one for each faction. The Seraphon will use rituals performed by Astrolith banner bearer and Slann Starmasters to summon new units.

Nice. I'm now glad I didn't go out an buy a dozen gnarlmaws for my Nurgle army since they were the only real summonable thing in matched play. I've got a split between rotbringers and daemons, but I think I might build towards a fuller rotbringer army to start on the table with the aim of summoning daemons.

1 hour ago, blueshirtman said:

I do hope so. I do worry though, that they are made out of old models, and everyone at my store says that old armies are not going to be updated and that GW is going to buff only armies with new models.

If you’re talking BCR I wouldn’t worry. Although it uses “old” models it’s very much an AoS faction that’s had a Battletome it’ll be getting yearly tweaks in the GHB at the least. The old WFB Armies won’t get anything beyond a Warhammer Legends PDF, the stuff reused in AoS factions will be staying 

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

See it as an oportunity to engage a bit more with others,

1 hour ago, blueshirtman said:

Considering I have zero social skills, starting stuff is not something I could do

If they allow you to hobby at the store, I find that doing building and painting while at the store gives opportunity to interact with others.

If you don’t have a large amount of experience in the painting/building aspect of the hobby, or are trying to learn new techniques asking others is pretty good method to meet folks.

For gaming events at the store, suggest it as a “slow grow” league? This encourages folks to buy more stuff?

Khorne already has blood tithe.

Nurgle has contaigion

Slaanesh is getting it's new depravity 

They didn't mention a new tzeentch resource in the article for them. I wonder if tzeentch summoning will be tied to the destiny dice. Making you have a tactical decision of using your dice to modify rolls or to summon reinforcement sounds deep to me. Here's hoping!

Units won’t be the only thing you can summon in the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar – stay tuned for more exciting news on the way for EVERY army later in the week…

I assume they're referring to the permanent magic stuff, but ohh if they're not... :D

I like the change to summoning, though I say that as someone who doesn't have an army that ever made use of the Summoning Mechanics. Still though I don't see the harm in now allowing you to take your full points allocation AND then add to them by doing thematic things on the battlefield. 

EDIT: Oh wow the 'Ard Fist may now be worth while again!

Just now, TheWilddog said:

This has me really curious how they will handle FEC.  Seems like they will need a whole new rewrite to address their summoning.

For all the pre-2018 summonable armies, it sounds like they're going to need all new warscrolls anyway(to remove the spell summoning), so it seems like they'd be able to accomplish is with allegiance abilities in the GHB and relevant changes to warscrolls.

Archived