Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlphaKennyThing

Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

3 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

I don't think it's any of those. GW wants to make money like all companies. All their models are hideously expensive. The Soul Wars box is actually relatively good value, but if you told someone "I just spent £95 on a hardback book and 55 models" they'd think you're insane. They made the box so someone buying it could have some enjoyable games with it and get them hooked. They undersized the units so you'd have to buy more models to fill them out for matched play. It's not immoral, it's capitalism. I don't get why the Soul Wars situation is bad, but £85 for a Great Unclean One, consisting of two plastic sprues is fine. 

The thing is they have not provided a way to fill out those units. You can more or less fix up the Sequitors with their easy build box, though you will have a very sub optimal weapon load out (which is okay given they are easy build models, plus that is more to do with their rules changing between Soul Wars and the battletome), and you will have to count a prime as a normal guy, and you will have 1 model left over. The Castigator box fixes nothing, as it comes with 3 (a full unit), you are forever stuck with 2 extra models, 1 short of a functioning unit. Likewise with the Stalkers, you just have an extra you will never be able to do anything with. Reapers and Evocators don't even have easy build options. That means people are either turning to 3rd parties to do so, or simply passing on the box to wait for full kits.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

love this guy :)

Unbenannt.JPG

Already planned to do that. It will be so much easier than with my Spirit host

6 hours ago, Sonnenspeer said:

love this guy :)

Unbenannt.JPG

Nah, nah, as a true son of Sigmar you gotta have him give the ol' twin tailed comet.;)

latest?cb=20150516144907

• Like 2
  • Haha 2