Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

51 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Now, if I want to fully utilize my Tzeentch army I will have to buy and paint a total of 60 Blue Horrors and 60 Brimstone Horrors just as a start.

I doubt that you (or I) will ever run into a situation where all of the Blues and Brims from the pinks are on the table at once. They can be stockpiled and dropped in units as small as 5’s. So you could drop huge blocks ...

I wouldn’t recommend more than 2 boxes of the blue/brimstones. Assume stuff will be shot or killed off the table and you’ll be able to recycle models. And you’re given the points to summon them. You don’t have to immediately summon them. :) So you can make decision points with them.

it also makes the Herald on Disc more advantageous as a model as you can slide them into an area behind lines and then use the split points to bring in a Summoned unit of blues or brimstones to stress an alternate side of the board. Tzeeentch HEROES and mobility will help a bunch.

AoS 2.0 seems to be focused on killing large swathes of units and models quickly.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was super hyped  and excited with aos 2, but now, the more I'm thinking the more  I want to wait.

1st problem: the weird if not saying dumb unit size in the starter box vs minimum per unit. Most of units have a wrong size for matched play.

2nd : we still don't know anything about those units and their full warscroll: points? weapons options? minimum per unit?....

3rd : rules. Endless spell is not completely clear in matched play, making a big interogation mark upon the wizzard efficiency. (point wise, randomness etc...)

4th: rules (kinda): well, here it is more battletome  related. We still don't know anything about the upcoming SCE/NH battletome so, the units in the starter box  are a big mystery for me....

All in all, I wanted at least 2 boxes  ASAP (and for my actual main armies that are indeed SCE and death it'll be usefull). But now, I am thinking only ONE box (essentially for heros+book+ units that are complete =  it's a real deal) but probably NOT ASAP.

I hope that the 2 weeks until release will fill some shadow space to erase my  vanishing excitment...

I am really hyped, I made a pre-order. I doubt NH will come with a significant power level, but the models look good. I checked them out in the store, I like them a fair bit. I have high hopes for the 2nd character, since i'll probably skip the 'bo obs in a bedsheet' lady of grief.

But It'll be a nicely themed army, as for now, since shadow elves seem to be nowhere near the horizon.

I would be so delighted if I could peek into the feature AoS release schedule. I liked 40k  game- and fluffwise quite alot over AoS, but I usually go with a fantasy over a scifi scenario. So keep me hanging on AoS 2.0, would you.

+++MOD HAT+++

I've just tidied up some posts where there was a clear misunderstanding - thanks for keeping it friendly.

@chord two things - in future please use the report tool if you take offence at something a fellow member has said.  Also please bear in mind that not everybody in here's first language is English ;)

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I was super hyped  and excited with aos 2, but now, the more I'm thinking the more  I want to wait.

1st problem: the weird if not saying dumb unit size in the starter box vs minimum per unit. Most of units have a wrong size for matched play.

2nd : we still don't know anything about those units and their full warscroll: points? weapons options? minimum per unit?....

3rd : rules. Endless spell is not completely clear in matched play, making a big interogation mark upon the wizzard efficiency. (point wise, randomness etc...)

4th: rules (kinda): well, here it is more battletome  related. We still don't know anything about the upcoming SCE/NH battletome so, the units in the starter box  are a big mystery for me....

All in all, I wanted at least 2 boxes  ASAP (and for my actual main armies that are indeed SCE and death it'll be usefull). But now, I am thinking only ONE box (essentially for heros+book+ units that are complete =  it's a real deal) but probably NOT ASAP.

I hope that the 2 weeks until release will fill some shadow space to erase my  vanishing excitment...

We know the full Scrolls for Sequitors and Castigators:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Stormcast_Sequitors.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Stormcast_Castigators.pdf

I'm splitting the Starter Set with a mate and then getting two of the easy-build Sequitor boxes.  Gives me four with Great Maces, a Prime with Great mace and 5 with Mace and shield for a full ten man squad.  I'll probably paint up the three Primes with shields in stone colours to use as objective markers.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

we still don't know anything about those units and their full warscroll: points? weapons options? minimum per unit?....

So, there are Matched Play rules for what comes in the boxes, and Warscroll updates to cover the minimum unit size changes for SCE.

Points come in the Soul Wars Box, and then alternate points will be available.

The Glaivewraith Stalkers List as being in groups of 4 (Like their easy-fit set?) and Grimghast Reapers are ... odd from a general perspective (min unit size of 10? Can be set to Horde discount.) It almost looks  like they were reversed in numbering for those two units. (So ... I wouldn’t be surprised to see those faq’d.)

54 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

We know the full Scrolls for Sequitors and Castigators:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Stormcast_Sequitors.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG_Stormcast_Castigators.pdf

I'm splitting the Starter Set with a mate and then getting two of the easy-build Sequitor boxes.  Gives me four with Great Maces, a Prime with Great mace and 5 with Mace and shield for a full ten man squad.  I'll probably paint up the three Primes with shields in stone colours to use as objective markers.

I don't think you can run 4 greatmace + prime with mace in a squad of 10. It's 1 in 3 get a greatmace + prime. So 4 maces total for 10 models .

I don't believe that not utilizing summoning is going to cripple armies. It's an aspect of the game. That's all. An option. Use it or don't. You pay points for models that enable summoning, just as you do for units that, for example, shoot. With few exceptions, if any, even "dedicated" shooting units have stats and abilities not tied to their shooting, but certainly you miss out if you don't use their shooting. So, if you don't plan to shoot, use your points on units in your army without shooting abilities so that the points you spend go toward things you will be doing.

Same with summoning. Don't want to summon stuff? Then take units that don't have summoning powers baked into their points costs.  Spend the points in more things you know you will be doing.

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Same with summoning. Don't want to summon stuff? Then take units that don't have summoning powers baked into their points costs.  Spend the points in more things you know you will be doing.

As an example, Kairic Acolytes and the Fatemaster both got discounted because they don’t have Summoning baked in. And Tzaangor merely lost some of their massive unit bonus.

2 hours ago, BenOutTheDen said:

i'll probably skip the 'bo obs in a bedsheet' lady of grief.

Wow. Talk about a super efficient way to:

- be crass toward women, some of whom are your fellow gamers

- be lazy and inaccurate in using a "cute" description of a model

- undermine the effort, and end result, of design work by some talented folks at GW.

Well done. :(

1 hour ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

I don't think you can run 4 greatmace + prime with mace in a squad of 10. It's 1 in 3 get a greatmace + prime. So 4 maces total for 10 models .

Read the Warscroll through the link I posted. The Warscroll in the Soul Wars set is 1 in 3, the full Warscroll will be 2 in 5. For some reason they've published the full Warscroll early on the easy-build Sequitors page.

7 hours ago, Trayanee said:

This is what really made me sad. I simply don't want to get and paint any horrors. It's out of theme for my arcanites, but the list got so expensive because the summoning is factored in the costs, that I will end up putting Tzeentch on a shelf for a long time.

They already solved it for you - just use the non-summoning horror ability that causes mortal wounds.  

Do we know anything about possible Warscroll revisitations and/or their extend?

Seemingly there will be a new layout for them, I wonder if they will rework anything.

The paragraph in the summoning section of the upcoming GHB, that the "summon X" part is ignored, somewhat suggest that there might be no rework?! (at least for me)

I think the paragraphs with the "summon X part is ignored" are mandatory because GW stated that everyone can use their Battletomes in Age of Sigmar 2.0.

So all the Battletomes like Tzeentch, Khorne etc got these erratas in the new general's handbook to stay relevant while GW still might update individual warscrolls here and there. We have already seen that  they changed how the paired weapons work for Liberators' updated warscroll.

What remains to be seen, is if they will touch warscrolls for less relevant factions that don't have any strong tournament presence or battletomes.

3 hours ago, Xasz said:

Do we know anything about possible Warscroll revisitations and/or their extend?

Seemingly there will be a new layout for them, I wonder if they will rework anything.

The paragraph in the summoning section of the upcoming GHB, that the "summon X" part is ignored, somewhat suggest that there might be no rework?! (at least for me)

It's pretty unlikely. In the change over from ghb16 to ghb17 it took them 3 months after putting the book on the shelves to sort out the discrepancies in keywords, rules text, and faction organisation on the app... And a lot of it is still wrong... ?

They could surprise me; all the current warscrolls could be updated to the new format, with the irrelevant sections removed and rules tweaked here and there, day one, June 30th. But I really doubt it. 

15 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I don't believe that not utilizing summoning is going to cripple armies. It's an addict of the game. That's all. An option. Use it or don't. You pay points for models that enable summoning, just as you do for units that, for example, shoot. With few exceptions, if any, even "dedicated" shooting units have stats and abilities not tied to their shooting, but certainly you miss out if you don't use their shooting. So, if you don't plan to shoot, use your points on units in your army without shooting abilities so that the points you spend go toward things you will be doing.

Unless you want to play with zero spellcasters, that's pretty much impossible for Tzeentch.

15 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

They already solved it for you - just use the non-summoning horror ability that causes mortal wounds.   

Seeing how effective that ability is, that's almost as bad as doing nothing at all. It's certainly nowhere near making up the difference for not using Split. They were way too conservative with it - if it activated on a 5+ it would be a viable alternative.

50 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Seeing how effective that ability is, that's almost as bad as doing nothing at all. It's certainly nowhere near making up the difference for not using Split. They were way too conservative with it - if it activated on a 5+ it would be a viable alternative.

Agreed. It's a non-choice at 6+...

I dunno, 200pts for a 10 wound wizard with a bunch of shooting attacks and the chance to do mortal wounds when they take damage, and have the option to re-gain wounds in the battleshock phase still  sounds pretty decent.  Compared to the going rate of 160-180pts for a 5W character with none of the other extra abilities, anyway...

13 minutes ago, Dragobeth said:

Is there any word about the firestorm cities? are those rules still valid in 2nd ed? (not talking about tournaments I know that falls on the TO, just normal matched play)

Can't see any reason why they wouldn't. I at least will still continue playing with my Living city army.

It's becoming quite calm arount there since pre-order release. 

It's also  super quite at GW. I'm really  surprised that GW didn't anounce anything as we are  10 days to release date. We actually don't know peanuts about the 2 "new" armies in the Soul wars box: the new units that we had a tailer maonth ago? where are they? The  NH and SCE heros, where are they?  both battletome where are they? It is surprising that GW tells us almost nothing so we can manage our investment in SCE or/and NH...

The "funny" thing is that we almost don't know how to mix them  (efficiently) with our SCE/NH armies due to the lack of real synergies (except maybe very few ones like balistas or NH hordes)

Archived