Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

41 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

That's only three that were posted.  At GT heat three two of the top ten lists were Seraphon and there are more results we could dig up with Seraphon placing highly with and without Kroak.  I don't think it's all doom and gloom, but from what has been leaked (with the usual caveat that we don't have the whole picture, yadayada) I must say I fear Seraphon more than any other army in 2.0.

They're going to be strong but they will have bad matchups. It seems like summoning big units is too expensive (in terms of opportunity cost) and summoning small units at the cost of spells is good but limited so much that it isn't too powerful.

Khorne is going to love chopping down wave after wave of summoned skinks and then using their blood to summon free bloodthirsters...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

They're going to be strong but they will have bad matchups. It seems like summoning big units is too expensive (in terms of opportunity cost) and summoning small units at the cost of spells is good but limited so much that it isn't too powerful.

Khorne is going to love chopping down wave after wave of summoned skinks and then using their blood to summon free bloodthirsters...

Exactly.  I also dont think it would be too hard with Deepkin to just zone out their summoning with the high movement.  I have a Seraphon army so I get how strong they can be but they definitely have counters now and will in this edition as well, its just a different playstyle you will have to counter.

I do agree with @Richelieu as well that they are one of the armies I fear most in the new edition though.

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

Again, sorry, but the image isn't working :( what do you mean by this? 

Old Knight-Questor ability:  Add 1 to the damage inflicted by a Knight-Questor's Warblade if the wound roll for the attack is 6 or more.

New Knight-Questor ability:  If the unmodified wound roll for an attack made with a Questor Warblade is 6, that attack has a Damage characteristic of 2 instead of 1.

3 hours ago, Drofnum said:

Exactly.  I also dont think it would be too hard with Deepkin to just zone out their summoning with the high movement.  I have a Seraphon army so I get how strong they can be but they definitely have counters now and will in this edition as well, its just a different playstyle you will have to counter.

I do agree with @Richelieu as well that they are one of the armies I fear most in the new edition though.

Keep in mind that countering summoning is still a net positive for the summoner in most cases. If you block off their entry point they can just blast you with Slann spells instead of saving up summoning points, while also exerting a lot of control on your positioning. Against a skilled player I'd say you're looking at reducing a +1 to about a +.2.

7 hours ago, Bellfree said:

Keep in mind that countering summoning is still a net positive for the summoner in most cases. If you block off their entry point they can just blast you with Slann spells instead of saving up summoning points, while also exerting a lot of control on your positioning. Against a skilled player I'd say you're looking at reducing a +1 to about a +.2.

Slann can blast you with the one mortal wound arcane bolt and making the battleshock rolls to br taken with two dice... 

But other points I agree. 

21 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Slann can blast you with the one mortal wound arcane bolt and making the battleshock rolls to br taken with two dice... 

But other points I agree. 

The slann, again, also teleports units, which is a strong ability already.

19 minutes ago, stratigo said:

The slann, again, also teleports units, which is a strong ability already.

Sure, but that's not something they can do right after summoning, nor to protect themselves if someone get close to them due to the 'outside of 9'' rule.

Slann are expensive powerful utility wizards. Poke holes in them, and you've nullified a large portion of the opponent's advantage.

Slann is just bit over 200 points and gives you amazing utility without casting a single spell all game, (in fact, with new rules, it's probably better if you don't cast anything in most cases).  If he dies, it's not end of the world, especially if the opponent has to go into an ankward position to catch him. Especially as his abilities work more or less from anywhere on the board.  

But should this discussion be in the let's chat Seraphon thread? 

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the 84 artifacts were leaked on 4chan yesterday.

Some really interesting ones as well.

•  cloak from Shyish that provides the wearer with ethereal
  • another cloak (Ulgu) makes the wearer untargetable in melee, unless he has attacked already
  • bow from Shyish which can be used in the shooting phase, roll 6 dice, for each 6+ target gets a MW (range of 18")
  • aura item that reduces all MW damage on targets in 6" originating from a wizard by D3
  • a lot of 6+ = MW weapons
  • two weapons that instantly bump a melee weapons rend to -3
  • over all a whole lot of "fulfill hard to achieve condition, get 1 or D3 MWs"
  • an artifact that gives the wearer a flat 4+ against mortals, one that
  • some -1 to hit against wearer in melee, some MW protection, a lot +1 to hit/wound/damage
  • some flying and movement stuff

Also, I have some second thoughts if these will be matched or tournament legal. There is at least one item that changes the "Realmscape Feature Table", ergo you have to play with all the wonky realm rules or nothing.

In the preview, I managed to get a very blurry look at the Slaanesh summoning. Baring in mind I may be wrong as it was very difficult to see, but it seemed very cheap (ranging from 6 points to 24 points for the Keeper). The vast majority of things were 12 points, including what looked to be the exalted seeker chariot. It was very difficult to see the full rules for how the summoning works. 

Archived