Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Points changes for Seraphon don't say much without their new warscrolls unfortunately. (They will be reworked to reflect the summoning changes so I hope they tweak something here and there too)

I hope we see those new warscrolls soon.

3 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Points changes for Seraphon don't say much without their new warscrolls unfortunately. (They will be reworked to reflect the summoning changes so I hope they tweak something here and there too)

I hope we see those new warscrolls soon.

I don't think you'll see much in scroll changes the page on their summoning is already out.

7 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

I don't think you'll see much in scroll changes the page on their summoning is already out.

So the spell for summoning will stay, too? I doubt that.

And what about the Engine of the Gods? The 14-17 result has to be changed. Or will that become a free summon of any unit without costing summoning points? I doubt it.

Kroak's warscroll makes no sense anymore (spell) since the rule of One is now part of the core rules. Or does his special spell overwrite it and he can indeed cast celestial deliverance three times???

What about Rippers? Their voracious appetite contradicts a core rule. So will the regain possible infinite attacks like they were before the first GHB?

There have to be some changes.

And while they are at it I hope they fix some bad stuff in there. Kroxigor for example.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, Skabnoze said:

This concept sort of baffles me.  I see a fair amount of people talking about older battletomes as if that single book is all there will ever be.  With the exception of the few armies that GW has outright discontinued in the past every army book in their primary games has seen multiple revisions.  It is almost a given that at some point they are going to rewrite any given army book.  Given their current trajectory for the last 10 years or so any of these full rewrites will coincide with a new model release.  The exception to that has been when they have made a game-breaking rule change edition - which over the last 20 years has basically been just Warhammer Fantasy -> Age of Sigmar and 40k 7th -> 8th.

So you can expect that they will at some point rework those older tomes and when they do they will probably add a couple new model kits and probably rework them with some of the common components to current Battletomes.  So allegiance abilities, possibly free mini-faction rules (enclaves, cults, etc), spell lores, battalions, etc.  If the new plan is also to give every faction with magic their own unique endless spells then you can probably also expect that they will add those when they rewrite an army book.

So for example, there is a current rumor of a mini Ironjawz release in the not too far future.  If that does happen to be the case then I am willing to bet money it means a rewrite of their Battletome.  The only other real option is that GW embraces a release style somewhat like Privateer Press or Wyrd do with anthology release books (where one book contains releases for multiple factions).  They did slightly do that with Malign Portents, so I would not rule out GW pushing campaign book sales by including rules for new units for the primary factions in a particular campaign, but I still think battletome rewrites are the more likely way for them to handle release waves for any given faction.

Because people don't want to wait four or five years before they get to play with new stuff?

Like, GW has had, in the past, books that haven't been updated for a decade.

57 minutes ago, Kramer said:

They also clearly stated that they build LoN with the new system in mind in one of the livestreams. So if LoN, maggotkin (and DoK and Deepkin) are the benchmark to adjust everything else in respect to that... don’t see how you can already be disappointed without a single full list of points and even with potential leaks without a couple of games in the new system. Just chill and reserve judgement until you can actually back it up. 

Then they balanced those armies poorly already.

I already said, GW doesn't balance their game based on the future changes, they balance their points based on the current meta. The point changes mostly make sense regarding the current state of AoS (Khemist going up to 160 doesn't really, but eh). But with free summoning and armies that can rack up summoning points with ease, these balances are going to see summoning heavy armies wildly overpower armies without summoning. Seraphon got minimal adjustments, AND the ability to put like 500 points on the battlefield. This is an army that was already doing quite okay at the most competitive level.

46 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

I posted in the Deepkin thread but:

AoStorm or AoSea 420 Hard to tell which is which in the screenshot I saw.  Might be AoSea at 420 and Storm up to 440 

Scryer 80

Morrsarr 140

Leviadon went up to 440

Awesome thanks. That’s pretty crazy because that would give me 160 spare points in a list I made.

1 minute ago, Aginor said:

So the spell for summoning will stay, too? I doubt that.

And what about the Engine of the Gods? The 14-17 result has to be changed. Or will that become a free summon of any unit without costing summoning points? I doubt it.

Kroak's warscroll makes no sense anymore (spell) since the rule of One is now part of the core rules. Or does his special spell overwrite it and he can indeed cast celestial deliverance three times???

What about Rippers? Their voracious appetite contradicts a core rule. So will the regain possible infinite attacks like they were before the first GHB?

There have to be some changes.

And while they are at it I hope they fix some bad stuff in there. Kroxigor for example.

Kroak's warscroll doesn't contradict the core rules anymore, if Evocators are any precedent. Both list their exception to the rule of 1 under magic. As Evocators are a unit that isn't available until AoS 2, spells/magic would have to be considered warscroll abilities, which override the core rules.

Rippers will probably see a change to their warscroll.

Oh btw...

Is there anything saying that the range on the endless spell warscrolls is not affected by abilities increasing spell range?

Extreme example:

Slann with Astrolith Bearer near is more than 30" from an enemy unbinder and gets himself on a BWV.
so now he has 14" bonus on his spell range. He casts the Geminids and - even without using an arcane vassal or his own range increasing ability - he can now put them 32" far away from him, right between the enemy, not unbindable because too far away.

Now he moves the spell. So the Slann can hit an enemy target 40" away.

Not that I would complain, but... really?

I see nothing that would prevent it right now.

Thanks!

I paused it on the summoning page for Seraphon and took a screenshot that I can read.

Seraphon will probably not get new warscrolls. They just basically wrote "ignore all the summoning spells".

There is a paragraph for the Engine of the Gods however!
It says: when rolling 14-17 pick one of the units in the list below and set them up wholly within 12" of the EotG and more than 9" away from the enemy:
- 20 Skinks
- 10 Saurus Warriors
- 3 Ripperdactyls
- 3 Terradons

Finally.

26 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/06/age-of-sigmar-generals-handbook-overview.html

It's not even leaks it's public domain review video. 

I tried to get a good look at the page in the video about the new summoning, but I couldn't see anything for Seraphon (besides a couple of rules updates) or Slaanesh. I'm pretty sure that they'll be in there, but I wonder where. 

14 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Good enough to read for me.

The rest is in the faction focus already.

20180615_013216.jpg

Sorry in advance if you're not replying to me, but I was more talking about the specifics of their new summoning mechanics. We know the general stuff about them, but not the numbers needed for most units 

And it looks like the prices haven't changed much, for example the Engine of the gods seem to be the same price as now. 

I honestly can't see that working out well, but we'll see. At least I can refrain from summoning stuff in casual games as I mostly play against armies such as Freeguild. 

DECIDING FIRST TURN : I must say that probably video is right and core rules are just written weird. In polish version it's clearly written that you roll-of every turn except first - first turn goes to player that set up first.

1 hour ago, michu said:

DECIDING FIRST TURN : I must say that probably video is right and core rules are just written weird. In polish version it's clearly written that you roll-of every turn except first - first turn goes to player that set up first.

So we have english and german clear on rolling vs polish and video clear on drops. For the game's sake I hope it's a roll, as it'd suck for privileged factions to be able to list-build into automatically choosing who goes first for another few years.

7 hours ago, stratigo said:

Then they balanced those armies poorly already.

I already said, GW doesn't balance their game based on the future changes, they balance their points based on the current meta. The point changes mostly make sense regarding the current state of AoS (Khemist going up to 160 doesn't really, but eh). But with free summoning and armies that can rack up summoning points with ease, these balances are going to see summoning heavy armies wildly overpower armies without summoning. Seraphon got minimal adjustments, AND the ability to put like 500 points on the battlefield. This is an army that was already doing quite okay at the most competitive level.

Don’t know who and what you're playing but I didn’t hear any complaints on the last two tomes being unbalanced ?

than your second point: ‘balancing for the current meta’ I agree. But you’re arguing something no one is disagreeing with? The point was the last few times were designed with AoS 2 in mind. Big difference. 

And then your last point is just guessing life and hobby is going to suck. its really Just guessing on your part and I really don’t get why you would assume the worst. Makes things a lot less fun in my opinion. But sure. Seraphon is going to be wildly overpowered because they will rack up summoning points with ease and just slam those 500 extra points home. But if summoning armies are not crushing it in the next heat I expect you to pay the first rounds if we ever meet ;) 

+++MOD HAT+++

To reiterate the post I made earlier.  No more discussion on the wording on deciding the first turn please, by now GW are well aware of the confusion and I would imagine we'll have an FAQ when the game actually arrives if not sooner.  Everybody has their own opinion on what it is so let just wait until the rules writers have had a chance to create an official statement.

Secondly - begging for links to leaks pages or points changes?  Seriously?!  Feel free to PM people or better yet pop up Google and have a search - refining to results from the past couple of days.

9 minutes ago, Jamopower said:

Concerning playtesting of the new rules and costs, the playtesting period is just about to start and we all are the testers :) That's what the yearly points changes and twice a year FAQ essentially mean.

which at a first glance sounds really cheap and stupid, but is a really cever move, keeping the game balanced in response to every new 'dex or battletome and reacting to the meta. Perviously you were stuck with a crapy armey for a whole edition or longer ^^.

Archived