Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, grungolah said:

Not only is it out of place, the second (third) paragraph appears to be directly contradictory to the first (second).  The first makes it clear anything can be an ally. "Allied units are treated as part of your army, except that they are not included when working out your army’s allegiance, and can therefore be part of a different Grand Alliance or faction."

Now, maybe they are going to get inventive with their allies and break up the GA mentality, but I am doubting that.

The core rules are for all game types.

Narrative. Open. Pitched Battle.

Narratively you may have a scenario where there are armies across GA.

As an example, let’s say you wanted to play out scenarios surrounding the Realm Gate Wars, the Hunt for Nagash ... where Mannfred joins up with the Stormcast to find an entrance to Shysh. IF they hadn’t said that was possible in the core rules, some mean spirited bloke would tell you that it couldn’t be done and that you should never play something like that because the core rules says you can’t.

However. You’re in luck because the core rules say that you can.... so Narrative Replay of the Realm Gate Wars ... here you come!

So ... main force of SCE and an “ally” of Mannfred and Ashigaroth. So you get to use SCE allegiance rules and battle Traits and still get Mannfred.

I got a peak of a page. Rat swarms increasing by 50 points - which is fitting now that summoning is free, but.. eh :P Now I really have to decide whether they're worth it. 

Skryre looks to be the same as before, but no doubling damage :( Seraphon summoning looks -really- strong! Super hyped about everything! Sort of! Maybe! Yes! 

5 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

However. You’re in luck because the core rules say that you can.... so Narrative Replay of the Realm Gate Wars ... here you come!

So ... main force of SCE and an “ally” of Mannfred and Ashigaroth. So you get to use SCE allegiance rules and battle Traits and still get Mannfred.

The core rules *should* say that you can.  They don't.  They imply that you can but then refer you to ally lists in the pitched battle profiles.

Another thing I wondered about:

The rules PDF says that abilities on warscrolls take precedence over core rules.

So... would that mean that Ripperdactyls regained their voracious appetite?

Also: Do we have info on whether it will be allowed to use the same endless spell twice (not in the same round but in two subsequential ones).

1 minute ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Look Out Sir in multiplayer games is gonna make me chuckle.

Haha I never noticed that lol. Enemy Hero, enemy unit.  Doesn't call out the same enemy.  Hahaha.  I think if the GH doesn't clarify it (it would be easy to miss) it would be simple to house rule.

2 minutes ago, Skevin said:

Where do yo see that ? leak from a blog ?

Cess pool of the internet - 4chan.

Khorne summoning - 8 for a BT and 2 for 5 bloodletters.

Horrors splitting --

"Take vengenace" or get 2 Blue Horror points.  For the former a unit within 9" takes 1 MW on a 6.  The latter counts as fate points towards summoning Blue Horrors only.

So, for every 5 pinks slain you can summon 10 blues.   Blue splits work the same except with brims.  

2 minutes ago, smucreo said:

wait what?? one mw for each pink dying or basically free summoning?

On a 6+, yes.  Costs of most summonable units have gone up as well.

It should be noted that you won't get your split horrors until the next time you're able to summon, so unlike now it's a much longer wait to get them fighting.

4 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

all the death - seraphon, some stormcast- KO points have been leaked. 

id share but we arent allowed.

Where can I find all the leaks? Is there a place where something like this gets posted? Or is this also not allowed here?

1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

On a 6+, yes.  Costs of most summonable units have gone up as well.

It should be noted that you won't get your split horrors until the next time you're able to summon, so unlike now it's a much longer wait to get them fighting.

Ah on a 6+ okay. But one thing, if the unit is dead and gone then you don't get to split or do you put the unit were it was when it died? It's not really a split there anymore haha

1 minute ago, Arkiham said:

not allowed to say either lol- but they arent hard to find 

Mhm I am not browsing the usal Age of Sigmar underground sites. ?  Only this one, Facebook and reddit. So I will propably never find out. ? 

1 minute ago, smucreo said:

Ah on a 6+ okay. But one thing, if the unit is dead and gone then you don't get to split or do you put the unit were it was when it died? It's not really a split there anymore haha

Yea it's totally divorced now.  The whole unit can die and you just summon in the splits later on.

Just now, Infeston said:

Mhm I am not browsing the usal Age of Sigmar underground sites. ?  Only this one, Facebook and reddit. So I will propably never find out. ? 

well theyre handing out naughty points alot easier now so gotta behave. 

you dont have to go so under ground, but if you were to have a look on a site which rhymes with mace-hook you might happen to come across one 

5 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

well theyre handing out naughty points alot easier now so gotta behave. 

you dont have to go so under ground, but if you were to have a look on a site which rhymes with mace-hook you might happen to come across one 

Dammit. I still don't understand what you mean. ? I propably just have  to wait.  No!!! Curse me for my lack of english skills. ? 

1 minute ago, Sigwarus said:

How can skeletons stay in points and nagash the same? Ben Johnson clearly stated in the podcast that points for summoning armies were adjusted to reflect summoning. Im not impressed by that playtesting... 

Games workshop allowed Gaunt summoner + Balewind to exist without much change for 2 years straight. Did you really believe them when they said that they were actually playtesting stuff now?

Archived