Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Jeah you are right, sorry.  The german version is only a little bit more precise, because it says "if you roll a tie in the first battleround".

I really hope that it is true that there is a rolloff in the first battleround and they don't change it back to the old way if they have to clear things up.

The English rules also say to roll off Every battle round. Just who breaks ties is different if it’s the first round.

7 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Waaaaait a second. 1 every 4 units may be an ally unit. 

So allies are no more tied to the points cost?

I'm guessing this is so open and narrative play can officially have allies. I wouldn't be surprised if the matched play points add something else.

If I recall, the policy around here was not to post leaked images of books, so I won't post it, but the new Nighthaunt points and death allies has been leaked. Starting with the allies thing, Nighthaunt is now and ally to for all the Legions(and still Soulblight) along side Flesh Eater Courts. So that's probably the true meaning of GW saying you can play your new Nighthaunt stuff in with you Legions of Nagash stuff instead of the new stuff working with in the legions.

On to points. Chainrasp horde is 80 points and generic battleline(but probably only good for GA death and not Legions as noted above). Black Coach is up to 280 and a Behemoth now. New warscroll is probably a given. Not going to list all the points, but nothing else changed for points. Hexwraith and Spririthost are still conditional battleline along side the new grimghast reapers. The odd(technically even, which is odd for AoS) unit counts of four in the starter are the real matched play sizes, so 4 grimghast reapers and 4 myrmourn banshees. Lots of batallions, but no too expensive. Span from 80-150 points. 3 Endless spells costing 40. 40, and 60.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

If I recall, the policy around here was not to post leaked images of books, so I won't post it, but the new Nighthaunt points and death allies has been leaked. Starting with the allies thing, Nighthaunt is now and ally to for all the Legions(and still Soulblight) along side Flesh Eater Courts. So that's probably the true meaning of GW saying you can play your new Nighthaunt stuff in with you Legions of Nagash stuff instead of the new stuff working with in the legions.

On to points. Chainrasp horde is 80 points and generic battleline(but probably only good for GA death and not Legions as noted above). Black Coach is up to 280 and a Behemoth now. New warscroll is probably a given. Not going to list all the points, but nothing else changed for points. Hexwraith and Spririthost are still conditional battleline along side the new grimghast reapers. The odd(technically even, which is odd for AoS) unit counts of four in the starter are the real matched play sizes, so 4 grimghast reapers and 4 myrmourn banshees. Lots of batallions, but no too expensive. Span from 80-150 points. 3 Endless spells costing 40. 40, and 60.

That's odd as the book in the starter set shows the chainrasp as being 10 for 100 points

points.png.89f17c79351f1b5f27d63a8dd946d9c2.png

I have another question about this rule:

"In order to use any command ability you must spend 1 command point. You start the battle with 1 command point for each warscroll battalion you have in your army. In addition, you receive 1 command point at the start of each of your hero phases. You can use the same command ability several times in the same phase as long as you have enough command points to do so"

Does "each of your hero phases" mean "you" as one single player or you as both players? Does the book talk to me and my enemy or only to me? ? 

For me it reads that I get a command point in my hero phase and a command point in the enemy hero phase. Is this right? Maybe I am also gettings things wrong because english is not my first language. Or does it mean I only get a command point in my own hero phase? Maybe it was already cleared up, but I really have to ask. Can somebody answer me this?

2 minutes ago, Jamister1 said:

That's odd as the book in the starter set shows the chainrasp as being 10 for 100 points

points.png.89f17c79351f1b5f27d63a8dd946d9c2.png

80/280 in the image I saw, which I think is the new GHB. It wouldn't be the first time GW has bad points/warscrolls in the starter set. I think they had the same issue with Dark Imperium and some units have the wrong power levels.

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

"In order to use any command ability you must spend 1 command point. You start the battle with 1 command point for each warscroll battalion you have in your army. In addition, you receive 1 command point at the start of each of your hero phases. You can use the same command ability several times in the same phase as long as you have enough command points to do so"

Does "each of your hero phases" mean "you" as one single player or you as both players? Does the book talk to me and my enemy or only to me? ?  

For me it reads that I get a command point in my hero phase and a command point in the enemy hero phase. Is this right? Maybe I am also gettings things wrong because english is not my first language. Or does it mean I only get a command point in my own hero phase?

Your hero phase is your individual hero phase. There are rules that go off in every hero phase, and those are worded as "any hero phase".

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

LON was leaked, too. All their battalions cost a lot more.

Except for first cohort (who oddly enough have an aster-ix indicating a points change... Even though it's the same number). 

The rest was went up between 30 to 60 points. Even the ones that I hardly considered good (like nightfall pack/deathmarch). 

2 minutes ago, Infeston said:

For me it reads that I get a command point in my hero phase and a command point in the enemy hero phase. Is this right? Maybe I am also gettings things wrong because english is not my first language. Or does it mean I only get a command point in my own hero phase? Maybe it was already cleared up, but I really have to ask. Can somebody answer me this?

It refers to you as the player rather than you and your opponent.  So over the course of a 5 round game, you'll receive just 5 command points :)

ps I'm sure your English is better than my German!

11 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Starting with the allies thing, Nighthaunt is now and ally to for all the Legions(and still Soulblight) along side Flesh Eater Courts. So that's probably the true meaning of GW saying you can play your new Nighthaunt stuff in with you Legions of Nagash stuff instead of the new stuff working with in the legions.

Having seen what looks like your info ... Yeah... any units in the old LoN battletome are still available to a Legions of Nagash Army.

The new stuff is all in the Nighthaunt Faction list... (with the Behemoth version of the Black Coach... and the non-Behemoth version is still in LoN)... and available via Allies.

1 minute ago, RuneBrush said:

It refers to you as the player rather than you and your opponent.  So over the course of a 5 round game, you'll receive just 5 command points :)

ps I'm sure your English is better than my German!

Ok thanks. ? 

I also really would have hoped that you don't get any extra artifact anymore, because of battalions. I had hoped that maybe you could purchase artifacts for your heroes with command points. But sadly I don't think it seems this way. 

I hope that there might be other ways to artifacts for me  to get more artifacts for my heroes instead of choosing many battalions.

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

I also really would have hoped that you don't get any extra artifact anymore, because of battalions. I had hoped that maybe you could purchase artifacts for your heroes with command points. But sadly I don't think it seems this way. 

I hope that there might be other ways to artifacts for me  to get more artifacts for my heroes instead of choosing many battalions.

I'd love a way to deck out either 1 hero or just multiple heroes with an artifact.  Even at a cost not particularly competitive. 

59 minutes ago, boelimaa said:

The wording in German is written totally clear, you roll at the beginning of the game, if a tie, the first dropper decides!

if you watch the video on the website she clearly says that in the first battleround the person who deploys first chooses who goes first so there is no double roll off for territory/deployment then turn.

1 minute ago, nine7six said:

if you watch the video on the website she clearly says that in the first battleround the person who deploys first chooses who goes first so there is no double roll off for territory/deployment then turn.

The community team has made mistakes before

5 minutes ago, nine7six said:

Jeah I get that. So the final question will be which source is right. It makes it even harder that the official sources (which all come from GW) all state different things. For the moment I as a german will rely on the official core rules document, which you normally would also get if you buy the game. Because these are the rules I have to look up when playing the game and which will propably be included in the starter set in the german version.

The official english rules can also be interpreted the way it was written in german. 

Just now, PJetski said:

The community team has made mistakes before

that they have, but I'd still take the word and representation in the video that came out hours ago on ageofsigmar.com to people here trying to interpret the meaning in different languages to validate lol

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

:)  Agreed - I always find it quite amusing that the German version often is more precise about rules!

And in the end we still have the wrong rule for ur-gold runes in the german version (even in GHB2018). On a role of 6 we "get the enhanced effect" not "also get the enhanced effect".¬¬

Archived