Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

As usual in GW video: NO SUBTITLES at all  >:(>:(>:( 

As a deaf person, I'm really mad at GW on this one. (lips reading is not possible on this video) They should have made it as youtube with sub at least. All their paint video have the same issue. BTW, it should also help not English people.

make the complaint to their facebook. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

As usual in GW video: NO SUBTITLES at all  >:(>:(>:( 

As a deaf person, I'm really mad at GW on this one. (lips reading is not possible on this video) They should have made it as youtube with sub at least. All their paint video have the same issue. BTW, it should also help not English people. 

Could you use the auto-sub function on Youtube?

47 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

@Chikout appears to be on point on this one.

“At the start of each battle round, the players MUST roll off, and the winner decides who takes the first turn. If the roll-off is a tie, then the player who went first in the last battle round can choose who goes first in this one, but if it is the first battle round, the player that finished setting up their army first chooses who has the first turn.”

The roll off always happens. This is a “must requirement”. Winner chooses who goes first.

If the roll is a tie the ‘tie break rules’ alternate rules apply. There are two cases on managing the tie:

1. Is this the first battle round? The player who finished setup first chooses who goes first in the battle round.

2. Any round other than the first:  The player who went first in the last battle round chooses who goes first in this battle round.

As much as I would love this to be true. head over to ageofsigmar.com and watch the how to play videos. the lady there says whoever finished first gets to choose

1 minute ago, Nevvermore said:

So in the Core Rules you can use the same Command Ability several times in a turn. Hopefully the GHB  has the "Rule of One" for both spells, prayers and command abilities.

Wouldn't bet on it. The rule of one for spells is already in the core rules and prayers dont have a hard limit (DoK only have a limit on their special prayer table, the normal ones aren't limited). They also made a big deal out of using the same ability multiple times in the same turn during the previews. 

2 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Wouldn't bet on it. The rule of one for spells is already in the core rules and prayers dont have a hard limit (DoK only have a limit on their special prayer table, the normal ones aren't limited). They also made a big deal out of using the same ability multiple times in the same turn during the previews. 

Looks like I will be stacking command points and adding 3-4 attacks to all units within 14" of glotkin then. LOL 105-140 attacks with mortals wounds on 5+ sounds tasty

3 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Looks like I will be stacking command points and adding 3-4 attacks to all units within 14" of glotkin then. LOL 105-140 attacks with mortals wounds on 5+ sounds tasty

That means either you have to pay for battalions or not use ANY command abilities for 3-4 rounds. Its high risk-high reward. A cool addition to the game.

1 minute ago, Sheriff said:

Spamming I'm Da Boss 6+ times on a unit of 60 grots with spare points from your tiny army. Running and charging with run and charge buffs, and destruction movement bonus. 

If this becomes a thing, I'd like it to be called a Grot Shotgun, or 'Grotgun'.

2 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Spamming I'm Da Boss 6+ times on a unit of 60 grots with spare points from your tiny army. Running and charging with run and charge buffs, and destruction movement bonus. 

Mind that a command ability is unlikely to stack multiple times on the same unit, going by the examples GW has presented. The benefit is more that you're able to buff several units with multiple usages of a command ability. 

So probably not that extreme, but hey, maybe I'm wrong ;)

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

That means either you have to pay for battalions or not use ANY command abilities for 3-4 rounds. Its high risk-high reward. A cool addition to the game.

You get 1 point for every 50 unspend points in matched play.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

20180614_125357.jpg

do we know these rules?

So an Akhelian Leviadon is a Monster who is not a Hero...

They should probably have restricted it to Monsters with a new tag like "Wild" or something because it's odd that a Beast going berserk in Ghur can have a small force of Idoneth on it's back :D 

4 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

or not use ANY command abilities for 3-4 round

Couldn't he just leave a unit of nurglings or something at home, and use the 100 extra points to buy 2 extra command points? That way he's got 3 command points on his first turn.

I run 5x5 blightkings, they do about 25-30 attacks in one round per unit... With 3 CP from Glottkin that could rack up to 300+ attacks in the first round of combat :x

So... allies in core play are 25% of your units.

But allies in Battalions don't count against that amount.

Do units from your armies Allegiance  in a Warscroll Battalion count towards the total number units that determine the available number of allies units available in the army?

e.g. Your entire army core army fits in a single Warscroll Battalion. That Warscroll Battalion has 3 Units from your chosen allegiance. It also has 1 Allied Unit (that does not count against your allies unit totals). Do the 3 units from your allegiance in the Warscroll Battalion allow you to take 1  unit of Allies (outside the Battalion)?

27 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

As much as I would love this to be true. head over to ageofsigmar.com and watch the how to play videos. the lady there says whoever finished first gets to choose

Well... the required roll off is exactly how it states the rules in the core rules... so ... that’s confusing that they seem to be ignoring the raw... if there was a period in the middle of that last sentence, then maybe? The issue is that there isn’t a separation, and it’s linked to the “If there is a tie [...]” sentence. ?

5 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Mind that a command ability is unlikely to stack multiple times on the same unit, going by the examples GW has presented. The benefit is more that you're able to buff several units with multiple usages of a command ability. 

So probably not that extreme, but hey, maybe I'm wrong ;)

I'm sure you're right, just pointing out whats feasible based on these core rules. In fact i underestimated it, those gobbos could do thousands of damage in turn 1. 

1 hour ago, stato said:

Sounds good, very narrative.  Unfortunately it doesnt apply in matched play as apparently the big rule book has a matched play section saying you dont re-pick your general.

I know right! It’s so skaveny. Makes sense!  Core rules look good in general. First turn is decided by the battle plan. Makes me very happy as it opens up the possibilities. (Opposed to ruling one way or the other in the core rules)

8 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

I'd imagine each ability can only be used once on any given unit per turn. 

Otherwise we'll be seeing some "interesting" builds soon :P

More likely that there is a rule of one in the matched play, that a single unit can be affected by the same command ability only once, but you can use it multiple times as long as you use it for different unit each time.

edit, ignore, I can't read.

So the rule about going first reads like this:

At the start of each battle round, the 
players must roll off, and the winner 
decides who takes the first turn. If the 
roll-off is a tie, then the player who 
went first in the last battle round can 
choose who goes first in this one, but 
if it is the first battle round, the player 
that finished setting up their army 
first chooses who has the first turn.

If they want first set ups to always go first it should read like this:

At the start of each battle round, the 
players must roll off, and the winner 
decides who takes the first turn but 
if it is the first battle round, the player 
that finished setting up their army 
first chooses who has the first turn.

If the roll-off is a tie, then the player who went first in the last battle round can choose who goes first in this one.

Purely from a English grammar point of view, the rule is unequivocal. MUST roll off. IF it’s a tie etc.

If GW come out and say that’s wrong, I’m fine with that, always play as intended, but it’s a bit of a proof-reading issue.

be interested in the first FAQ...!

Archived