Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlphaKennyThing

Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Ben and Martin from GW said that the Keeper of Secrets is decreasing in price. This would suggest that not all summoning armies are going up in cost. 

They said Khorne is mostly staying as it is in points, as they thought it needed a points reduction, but that was offset by the addition of summoning.

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Ben and Martin from GW said that the Keeper of Secrets is decreasing in price. This would suggest that not all summoning armies are going up in cost. 

I heard that most Seraphon stuff also stays the same, except Skinks who lose their horde bonus, and a few things (Knights and Stegadon IIRC) get cheaper.

1 minute ago, Urauloth said:

Really want to see Olynder painted black, like her outfit is a mourning dress and widow's veil.

Exactly my thoughts!

I have to admit she's absolutely disappointing.

What a plain and boring model, definitely the worst in the new range by now.

No spookyness and not intimidating at all. Hardly worthy to be called 'Mortarch of grief'. What a let down.

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

Honestly, she looks a bit disappointing to me :(

I think it's the paint job. She's too... pure white, especially when put against a white background. It really does the photography zero favours. 

I think it could do with some more of the vine-like embroidery we see just below the waist, but I'm also fond of the simplicity. 

• Like 2

Am I the only one liking the new Mortarch of Grief? ?  But I have to say that I don't play Nighthaunt. 

But I consider buying this model, even though I don't play this army. I also like the paint job. ? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

She looks like she came straight out of an edgar allan poe coloring-book for little girls.

She had such a promising silhouette, though.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, jazzy128 said:

Taken straight from the twitch game.

Evocators are in groups of five, for 200 pts. Seems palladins are going down in points. These guys are way better than all the palladin options.

Castigators are groups of 3

Sequitors are groups of 5 (battleline if new gryph guy is general)

I'm a little annoyed that the new starter does not provide a full group of evocators or 2 sequitors. Bit of a ****** move. Hopefully they make a cheap supplement box. But it is quite annoying in terms of assembling and painting.

Are you sure about all of this? Castigators come in a unit of 5 in the new box so groups of 3 seems unlikely. 

Edited by Caladancid

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it could do with some more of the vine-like embroidery we see just below the waist, but I'm also fond of the simplicity. 

Honestly, there is a lot of detail and movement in the model.  I think people are selling it short because it does not have an action-pose or have every inch covered in detail.

For me personally, I find that some of the best sculpts over time have had fairly static poses such as the Orc Great Shaman.  And while I like detail on models, I also like when sculptors leave painters area to work rather than filling every little bit of free space in with some sort of texture or detail. 

I expect that this model will see some pretty astounding paint jobs once it is released.  This thing seems like a real painter's canvas type of miniature.  For example, look at that face/veil and imagine the effect when someone decides to paint it up as semi-translucent cloth?  For the average painter this mini might end up a bit plain - but if you paint it mainly ghostly it should still look good in the rest of the army and stand out as a character of importance.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Honestly, there is a lot of detail and movement in the model.  I think people are selling it short because it does not have an action-pose or have every inch covered in detail.

Could you please communicate your opinion without these derogatory insinuations?

Thank you.

Edited by Guest

Too early to judge definitively imo. I don't think we're seeing the mini from a very good angle, and I'm certain that isn't an optimal colour scheme.  I'm looking forward to the 360s and to getting to see the kit in person.

1 minute ago, BenOutTheDen said:

Could you please communicate your opinion without these derogatory insinuation?

Thank you.

nothing derogatory in what he wrote imo. I actually found your comment about the model much worse (when thinking of the work that went into the product)

• Like 6

I was surprised to see the NH big boss announced first, but maybe they decided to announce the coach, the cavalry and the 2 big winged models last coz they know we will be more impress ? (wishful thinking mode on)

Edited by christophe

7 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Are you sure about all of this? Castigators come in a unit of 5 in the new box so groups of 3 seems unlikely. 

Yeah, he specifically said he "borrowed" one extra. Just as he had to supplement the evocators and sequitors with 2.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jazzy128 said:

Yeah, he specifically said he "borrowed" one extra. Just as he had to supplement the evocators and sequitors with 2.

| Martin | | Stormcast | Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger Knight-Incantor, 2 x 5 Sequitors, Celestar Ballista, 3 Evocators, 2 x 3 Castigators, 2 x 5 Liberators2 x 5 JudicatorsKnight venator2 x Knight Azyros, Endless Spell - Chronomatic Cog.| THERE MAY BE ERRORS FROM TRANSCRIPTION |

• Thanks 1

Really like the look of that model. Don't have a Death army but I'm sorely tempted to pick up that and some of those snap fit Banshees for attendants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jazzy128 said:

Thanks, so strange.

5 minutes ago, Turragor said:

nothing derogatory in what he wrote imo. I actually found your comment about the model much worse (when thinking of the work that went into the product)

He was clearly implying that people don't like her because she wasn't swining a hammer while shooting laserbeams out of her eyes, which is clearly pejorative towards other people's opinion.

It's absolutely ridiculous that you try to involve the feelings of the company employee who sclupted it.... ?

Edited by Guest

Btw has anyone mentioned yet what that SCE ballista is going to cost?

3 minutes ago, Turragor said:

| Martin | | Stormcast | Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger Knight-Incantor, 2 x 5 Sequitors, Celestar Ballista, 3 Evocators, 2 x 3 Castigators, 2 x 5 Liberators2 x 5 JudicatorsKnight venator2 x Knight Azyros, Endless Spell - Chronomatic Cog.| THERE MAY BE ERRORS FROM TRANSCRIPTION |

It is 5 evocators. Otherwise, I think that you're spot on.
(Just checked the stream and there are def. 5 models in the evocator unit)

1 minute ago, Aginor said:

Btw has anyone mentioned yet what that SCE ballista is going to cost?

someone say cost of liberator, so 100 ?

1 minute ago, BenOutTheDen said:

He was clearly implying that people don't like her because she wasn't swining a hammer while shooting laserbeams out of her eyes, which is clearly pejorative towards other people's opinion.

I did just delivered my thoughts about the model without judging other's you liked it. It's absolutely ridiculous that you try to involve the feelings of the company employee who sclupted it.... ?

not a company - employees. I just think your thoughts need groomed before delivery, but it aint my job to worry about that.

• Like 6

I think it's the paint job that adds to the flat-ness (probably not the right description...)

Now... if they were all bleeding from their eye-balls.

With the right scheme it could be much more horrifying.