Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2018 at 8:56 PM, erasercrumbs said:

Looks blue to me, albeit a light blue.  I prefer the Stormcast art on all the other books in the boxed set, not that it matters too much to me since I'll be skipping it in favor of just buying the core book.  That said,  kinda makes me hesitant to plop down a big chunk of change on a book whose cover is marred by a holy warrior fresh from the dyepot with an expression that reads, "Oh look.  French Toast Crunch.  Sweet." Perhaps the hair will have more of a silvery look when the actual book is released, though. And if I can pick it up on the cheap on the secondhand market, I won't really care if the cover isn't to my liking so long as I gain inexpensive access to the goodness inside.

So even if it was blue, why are you so hung up on that? A lot of people in the warhammer setting have strong flavour to them in various ways.

I mean look at more or less every dwarf in warhammer, they looks so insanely silly with their punkrock hairdues straight from the dresser, and all those piercings likely to cause them all kinds of issues during a fight!

5 hours ago, Attackmack said:

So even if it was blue, why are you so hung up on that? A lot of people in the warhammer setting have strong flavour to them in various ways.

I mean look at more or less every dwarf in warhammer, they looks so insanely silly with their punkrock hairdues straight from the dresser, and all those piercings likely to cause them all kinds of issues during a fight!

Because, as previously stated, it looks like a Starbucks barista, and not a holy warrior. If that appeals to you, congratulations.

14 minutes ago, erasercrumbs said:

Because, as previously stated, it looks like a Starbucks barista, and not a holy warrior. If that appeals to you, congratulations.

Since when do YOU get to decide what a holy warrior looks like? Or a Starbucks barista for that matter?

I like the implication that The Mask Impassive isn't only an external piece of gear.

My reaction to the piece was "Huh, that's neat." It certainly didn't knock my socks off, but it seems fine. Just one man's opinion.

4 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

With the hair and face tattoos, looks like a tribal warrior from the age of chaos. Likely underwent a lifetime of war against chaos before dying and being reforged.

I've yet to be served coffee by someone with tattoos covering their face, not that it would bother me, I just haven't seen it.

If it was a dude with silver hair and blue face tattoos... we'd also say they work at Starbucks? You must have an interesting Starbucks.

The woad/tattoos is to try and make Stormcast less "faceless warriors" and more identifiable that they have their own sub-structures, opinions and thoughts.  The background and stories make quite a point of defining each Stormcast as an individual with strengths and weaknesses and this is the artwork and miniatures starting to catch up with it.

11 hours ago, kuroyume said:

That's huge. I think  it may be slightly broken.

I'm holding out judgement on that currently.  The game being played was an Open Play game (WD making sure that points etc aren't revealed before the 30th), and previously the pick a new general mechanic was only with specific battleplans.  This may well still be the case, but if it's not then I don't think it's necessarily going to break things too much, Death players are still going to be limited on Command Points and Gravesite placement.  I actually think this could be more of a limitation than some of the other summoning mechanics.

One thing that was clarified in White Dwarf too, is that Command Points are generated in each of your turns and not each turn (which is one of the ways the preview could have been read).  Gaining command points is going to be really key to AoS now I think!

5 minutes ago, Aginor said:

I cannot wait to play against a SCE player using sequiturs and then kill them and say:

"Well, that was more of a non sequitur"

?

This is the logical conclusion of GW nearing the end of their thesaurus they use for naming SCE units. 

8 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Oh one other thing I picked up in the WD battle report is that the two sides rolled off to see who went first...  Don't know if this was just for that battle or a permanent change

Let's hope that's a permanent change. The drops determining priority thing isn't a very good game mechanic and it would be nice to see it removed. 

Man I can't wait! Funny thing is, yesterday I was doing my thing around the house when I stumbled upon my old Dwarves which I thought  I had lost a long time ago. It turns out I managed to find what amounts to about 800 points of those little fellas. So now, apart from being excited for what 2.0 is going to bring for my dead buddies I'm also waiting to see what happens with Dispossessed haha I'd be cool to play them again if I decide to expand what I have. 

In that line, I hope all battletome-less armies have something cool awaiting them in the General's Handbook. It really wouldn't take much in some cases to make some factions a lot better.

16 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Man I can't wait! Funny thing is, yesterday I was doing my thing around the house when I stumbled upon my old Dwarves which I thought  I had lost a long time ago. It turns out I managed to find what amounts to about 800 points of those little fellas. So now, apart from being excited for what 2.0 is going to bring for my dead buddies I'm also waiting to see what happens with Dispossessed haha I'd be cool to play them again if I decide to expand what I have. 

In that line, I hope all battletome-less armies have something cool awaiting them in the General's Handbook. It really wouldn't take much in some cases to make some factions a lot better.

They've already announced allegiance abilities for GH18, it's identical to the previous version (the list of forces that is, no idea of the specific abilities/artefacts etc). 

24 minutes ago, MrZakalwe said:

Let's hope that's a permanent change. The drops determining priority thing isn't a very good game mechanic and it would be nice to see it removed. 

I'd agree on that.  The original rule came along before battalions and points, so was a great way to try and keep your army not quite as big as your opponents.  With one-drop mechanics and points, it's kind of made it a little mute.  Rolling off in the battle report does suggest that's how it could be (with the usual battleplan exceptions).

14 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

They've already announced allegiance abilities for GH18, it's identical to the previous version (the list of forces that is, no idea of the specific abilities/artefacts etc). 

Yeah I know, I meant that I hope what awaits them is cool stuff! Like useful artifacts, better allegiance abilities maybe, something of the like.

I'm really torn on AoS 2.0 as on the one hand the changes look great and I'm getting more excited for it by the week but on the other it looks like they'll be deleting the battleline core of my army and making my force unusable. It's practically Zen. 

15 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Yeah I know, I meant that I hope what awaits them is cool stuff! Like useful artifacts, better allegiance abilities maybe, something of the like.

Yeah, i hope Pestilens/skryre get some new stuff. Looks like any skaven battletome is years off, we really need some new stuff!

12 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

She looks like a typical tribal warrior from Warhammer, your clearly having issues with something else here.

12 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

after the big anouncement last tuesday, GW is quiet calm on the AoS front... I hope that the last week before preorder (next week in fact) will be a big danse of news with many kit anouncements!

My guess it that we'll get more teasers and info on the starter/malign sorcery/2.0 in general with a few more faction focuses and lore articles up until preorder. Once preorder hits, I'd expect info about new kits and battletomes to start coming, especially stuff that goes up for preorder on the 30th.

Archived