Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Siorra said:

Outside of wishlisting happening in this very thread, why do people think AoS2 will introduce chargers fighting first? I've seen zero mention of it, and I can't help but feel it would break Idoneth, Ironjawz and Khorne Deamons armies, making them far too strong (in my opinion, of course). We're already losing some of the more tactical decisions behind piling in, so I hope they also don't remove the strategy behind picking who fights and when. But I guess that's just me wishlisting...

Yeah I thought the same. I don't recall exactly who it was, but it was a frequent "leaker/rumour monger" on this forum, and they were adamant it was going to happen  and I said I doubt it because it would require huge re-pointing for all units and destruction would be too powerful. They said "It's happening", pretty confidently! Glad to see it's not happening, it seemed a bit silly when it was announced on the forum.

8 minutes ago, Grontik said:

I could be pulling a brainfart here but on the Evocators Empower ability it can be used on Sancrosanct or Redeemer (?)  units. Who has the Redeemer keyword? With all the news lately I could have missed something but that stood out for some reason.

Literally just Liberators.  They are from the Redeemer conclave

1 minute ago, Raviv said:

According to the warscroll, one of 3 Sequitors may be equipped with a greatmace. It's disappointing that we don't get any of those in the starter box.

You get 2 and then the champion 

2 minutes ago, Raviv said:

According to the warscroll, one of 3 Sequitors may be equipped with a greatmace. It's disappointing that we don't get any of those in the starter box.

Those are typically added into the non-monopose model kits. (Blood Warriors were similar.)

Just now, stato said:

You get 2 and then the champion 

Yeah. That does make the unit "illegal", tho ?

Because either it's one unit of 8 Sequitors with 2 maces (it's ok) but 2 Sequitors-Prime (not ok !)

Or it's two units of 5 Sequitors with Shield and 1 prime (it's ok) and one unit of 3 Sequtiors with 2 maces (not ok !) with one Prime !

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

How can we interpret that? Is this a wzzard that can't cast the endless spell or other nice incoming magic things?

That's what the Warscroll says. It's basically a hero phase ability that can be unboud, but they also get to unbind a spell.

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah. That does make the unit "illegal", tho ?

Because either it's one unit of 8 Sequitors with 2 maces (it's ok) but 2 Sequitors-Prime (not ok !)

Or it's two units of 5 Sequitors with Shield and 1 prime (it's ok) and one unit of 3 Sequtiors with 2 maces (not ok !) with one Prime !

The way the rules for the prime are written, it suggests the champion is allowed the great mace on top of the 1 in 3 already allowed (at least, thats how it seems to me).

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

How can we interpret that? Is this a wzzard that can't cast the endless spell or other nice incoming magic things?

"It cannot attempt to cast any spells other than Empower..." is a pretty clear "No".

Edit - Ninja'd

3 minutes ago, Moonstone said:

The way the rules for the prime are written, it suggests the champion is allowed the great mace on top of the 1 in 3 already allowed (at least, thats how it seems to me).

The unit of 8 incluldes 2 'Primes' or at least models with a prime shoulder pad.  Simple answer is its a unit of 8 and the Prime with the big hammer is the champ if you use a unit of 8.  Or run as 2 units of 4 with a hammer and prime in each. 

3 minutes ago, stato said:

The unit of 8 incluldes 2 'Primes' or at least models with a prime shoulder pad.  Simple answer is its a unit of 8 and the Prime with the big hammer is the champ if you use a unit of 8.  Or run as 2 units of 4 with a hammer and prime in each. 

Another legal split would be one unit of 5 with one prime and one great mace. Then another unit of three with one prime and one great mace. The prime with the great mace could be in either unit.

Do you think the match play points will come in multiples of three models?

23 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Basically because there were rumours the rules for close combat would become similar to WH40K: as you can guess (or perhaps you already know) in the dark future, chargers attack first.

I don't think chargers attacking first will be a thing in AoS because close combat doesn't have the same impact in AoS and WH40K: in WH40K, fighters choose one melee weapon to attack with, while in AoS fighters attack with all the melee weapons they have at their disposal. Thus the idea of chargers attacking first is a lot scarier in AoS.

Also there is quie  substantial difference in the importance of close combat to deal damage between the games.

18 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

You could designate one prime (ideally the prime without the grand mace) as not being a leader. Or convert it using a quick head swap if the visual look is an issue.

AoS Facebook pages just posted a picture of the Malign Sorcery components. Nothing really new,  the book, 13 models and 14 warscroll cards. Presumably the extra card is for the balewind vortex. If that single model can be expanded to a full "faction", there's hope giants yet.

1 hour ago, Moonstone said:

Yeah - but what I wanted to say is that, reading the warscroll : 

- One unit of 8 Sequitors with 2 prime is "illegal" ; and ;

- One unit of 3 sequitors with 2 maces is illegal too (the Prime adding another Mace is legal itself - but a legal unit of 3 sequitors would be : 1 with great mace, 1 prime with great mace, and 1 with shield). 

So the Soul Wars sequitors unite are "illegal" as per the Warscroll posted this afternoon (with the multi part plastic kit, and the easy-to-build add-on it won't be a problem of course) :) 

1 hour ago, Raviv said:

There are 3 grandhammers in this picture. One for the prime, who disregards the normal limit on great-maces, and 2 others.

AoSSoulWarsLaunch-StormcastArmy4ed.jpg

21 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah - but what I wanted to say is that, reading the warscroll : 

- One unit of 8 Sequitors with 2 prime is "illegal" ; and ;

- One unit of 3 sequitors with 2 maces is illegal too (the Prime adding another Mace is legal itself - but a legal unit of 3 sequitors would be : 1 with great mace, 1 prime with great mace, and 1 with shield). 

So the Soul Wars sequitors unite are "illegal" as per the Warscroll posted this afternoon (with the multi part plastic kit, and the easy-to-build add-on it won't be a problem of course) :) 

Eh?  what are you looking at.

EDIT:  They have 8 models, 2 have maces, 2 have prime shoulders. You can run as 2 4s with a prime and mace in each. You can also buy a booster of 3, with 1 mace and 1 prime.  All these are legal by the scroll.

Want to run a unit of 8, well 2 primes in a unit is illegal, so you just tell your opponent which one is actually the prime, just like everyone who runs a unit of 30 liberators does.

Archived