Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Paint.

Paint like the wind.

Get all caught up and be ahead of the new releases...

Trouble is I have been thinking about a Deepkin colour scheme for weeks without making up my mind. Can't wait for the nighthaunt. They just need a Rolling Stones song. (black with glowy bits)

47 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

1) It reads like the new rulebook will have tables to roll on to create random battleplans. Are the Open War cards not going to be compatible with 2e? I love that deck and hope to be able to keep using it.

2) I have a decent sized FEC force. If I bought a 2e starter, besides Open Play, how could I combine the Nighthaunt with FEC? Is there some battalion or organization in the Legion of Nagash book that allows ghosts and ghouls?

1) Although we can't categorically say this, the impression I get is that you'll be able to mix and match.  So you could use the table to generate one bit and the cards another.  Two things of note however - firstly they're not on Last Chance to Buy.  Secondly the URL on the GW website does state 2017, so it's possible there may be an updated version at some point.

2) We don't know yet.   Current best guess is that FEC and LoN are going to receive an errata or FAQ clarifying how things are going to work, all we know is that the models in the preview yesterday can be used alongside a Legions army.  Battletome Nighthaunt may well contain some battalions that allow mixed faction Death, but until it lands we just don't know.

22 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Paint.

Paint like the wind.

Get all caught up and be ahead of the new releases...

I don't think I'm gonna make it. I have a half painted Knight-Vexillor, Plus fully unpainted Protectors, Judicators and Vanguard-Raptors. I'm also organizing a "Farewell to First Edition" Tournament and have got to finish my games for my LGS Path to Glory campaign. Plus my birthday is coming up and I'm sure to get some more plastic there. Wish me luck.

32 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

1) Although we can't categorically say this, the impression I get is that you'll be able to mix and match.  So you could use the table to generate one bit and the cards another.  Two things of note however - firstly they're not on Last Chance to Buy.  Secondly the URL on the GW website does state 2017, so it's possible there may be an updated version at some point.

2) We don't know yet.   Current best guess is that FEC and LoN are going to receive an errata or FAQ clarifying how things are going to work, all we know is that the models in the preview yesterday can be used alongside a Legions army.  Battletome Nighthaunt may well contain some battalions that allow mixed faction Death, but until it lands we just don't know.

2) Aren't the grand alliance rules for such thing?

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

This is far from aquired. Did you read something that confirm that?

The second Nighthaunt faction focus mentioned at least the 3 units talked about (the horde, the wizard, and the executioner) could be added to a Legions of Nagash army. Since Nighthaunt isn't an ally to LoN (because until the new models, that would have been pointless) I assumed an errata to the list of warscrolls the Legions can take from would come with the new edition. They COULD just make Nighthaunt a LoN ally, but kinda doubt that...

New  stormcast are not super impressive (until we see their points)

But the balista can be fun (yet a bit random and really static)

The idea to make a unit of Evocators like a wizard if they are at least 2 chars in the unit is interesting. You can have more wizards without any additional characters...

EDIT: also interesting to see that most units has, like the new NIGHTHAUNT, the "this unit has any number of models" . Is this a new feature in AoS?

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

New  stormcast are not super impressive (until we see their points)

But the balista can be fun (yet a bit random and really static)

The idea to make a unit of Evocators like a wizard if they are at least 2 chars in the unit is interesting. You can have more wizards without any additional characters...

EDIT: also interesting to see that most units has, like the new NIGHTHAUNT, the "this unit has any number of models" . Is this a new feature in AoS?

Many warscrolls have always said that:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-deathlords-morghastarcai-en.pdf

The number of models listed in the description is for narrative and open play. Matched play will still be covered in the GHB/Battletomes.

The sequitor are basically better liberators (reroll save, lol)

The evocators are better paladins. Not only they are wizards, their personnal spell is awesome and very welcomed in an army that didn't had access to any to wound/reroll wound bonus except from the stardrake, their damage output is FAR superior to other paladins in most of the situation at base. 21 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1 AND between 4-6 mortal wounds on average. But they will loose their effectiveness faster.

The ballista is cool. 7 wounds and +2 save in cover make it much more resilient than other warmachines, but the damage output will be very random without a lrod-ordinator around

Outside of wishlisting happening in this very thread, why do people think AoS2 will introduce chargers fighting first? I've seen zero mention of it, and I can't help but feel it would break Idoneth, Ironjawz and Khorne Deamons armies, making them far too strong (in my opinion, of course). We're already losing some of the more tactical decisions behind piling in, so I hope they also don't remove the strategy behind picking who fights and when. But I guess that's just me wishlisting...

1 minute ago, Siorra said:

Outside of wishlisting happening in this very thread, why do people think AoS2 will introduce chargers fighting first? I've seen zero mention of it, and I can't help but feel it would break Idoneth, Ironjawz and Khorne Deamons armies, making them far too strong (in my opinion, of course). We're already losing some of the more tactical decisions behind piling in, so I hope they also don't remove the strategy behind picking who fights and when. But I guess that's just me wishlisting...

There was a rumour that this might happen well before the new edition was even finalised.  Looks like it's not happening, but that's the reason it keeps popping up :)

I could be pulling a brainfart here but on the Evocators Empower ability it can be used on Sancrosanct or Redeemer (?)  units. Who has the Redeemer keyword? With all the news lately I could have missed something but that stood out for some reason.

Nevermind me ... it appears that some SCE have that keyword. Liberators are the only ones I can confirm right now but this is the first time I have had to concern myself with that keyword. Mystery solved.

9 minutes ago, Siorra said:

why do people think AoS2 will introduce chargers fighting first?

Basically because there were rumours the rules for close combat would become similar to WH40K: as you can guess (or perhaps you already know) in the dark future, chargers attack first.

I don't think chargers attacking first will be a thing in AoS because close combat doesn't have the same impact in AoS and WH40K: in WH40K, fighters choose one melee weapon to attack with, while in AoS fighters attack with all the melee weapons they have at their disposal. Thus the idea of chargers attacking first is a lot scarier in AoS.

9 minutes ago, ledha said:

The sequitor are basically better liberators (reroll save, lol)

For sure. We'll have to see their points though. If they cost the same as Libertors, there will be no point to playing Liberators ever again.

10 minutes ago, ledha said:

The evocators are better paladins

I don't necessarily agree. I think they beat Protectors and Decimators, but not sure about Retibutors, especially now that we'll be able to have LCoF buff them without him having to be your General. Again, it may come down to points cost though (for units and battalions. Hammerstrike force getting a mild point drop could heavily favor Paladins)

Archived