Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

37 minutes ago, uk_unbeliever said:

So much information has come out today I've missed the rumours on estimated price! What is the thinking on price? Seems like a great set, amazing that the hardback rulebook is in it too

Most likely £95 like Dark Imperium. Almost exactly the same contents wise and model count wise. 

It looks amazing, I can’t wait. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, stickybluetoffee said:

So in the starter set there’s a Chainrasp champion model and a guy with a standard (well 3-pronged brazier). No rules for the brazier on the warscroll though.

I think the guy in red circle is the leader and the blue circled guy maybe get rules in the battletome 

I think the warscrolls in the soul wars box are only snippets of the real one like the primaris ones of the dark imperium box and the ones in the codex

Chainrasp.jpg

I think that the one in the blue circle is just the alternate build for the champion, like in the old starter set with the Bloodreaver Chieftain, with the champion specific pieces being separate from the rest of the models, which are clearly two duplicate sets.

7 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

So for USD:

$190 for starter

$75 for spells

$35 for ghb

I think thats right with GW conversion prices.

I think 190USD is high - Canadian prices are usually exactly double in CDN dollars the UK price in pounds, and USD prices are lower than that.

6 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

160usd. Following dark imperium pricing 

I thought I saw Dark Imperium listed at 190 on GW's page, but I looked again and you are right.  It probably changed regions without me noticing though, seems to happen to me a lot.

38 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

I think the guy in red circle is the leader and the blue circled guy maybe get rules in the battletome 

Chainrasp.jpg

The guy in blue doesn’t look like anything overly special, you have 9 duplicate models in the picture and two non duplicates. Which likely indicates that it was just pulled off sprue and is on a different sprue. Or is merely two sprues, with one spot for a “not leader”. (And it isn’t called out on the Warscroll.) The “Leader” just happens to be both a leader and standard bearer.

Although I was dissapointed by the late release date (was hoping for 16th or23rd), it at least means it'll be after payday :D

No need to feel guilty about buying both hardcover rulebook and GHB... altho I'll probably buy the ghb dgitally. Too many books in my shelf. 

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

The guy in blue doesn’t look like anything overly special, you have 9 duplicate models in the picture and two non duplicates. Which likely indicates that it was just pulled off sprue and is on a different sprue. Or is merely two sprues, with one spot for a “not leader”. (And it isn’t called out on the Warscroll.) The “Leader” just happens to be both a leader and standard bearer.

Yeah the one in blue could be a normal one but as I mentioned above most of the primaris marines in the dark imperium box has different warscrolls in the starterbox and the codex

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I prefer the more subdued artwork on the covers.

Yeah I kinda like having more clean covers on the core rulebook. Hell, I'd be fine with just the logo and some fancy colouring (like the blue-black "smoke" they got going on in some of their reveals)

2 minutes ago, erasercrumbs said:

Not at all a fan of the art on the core rulebook. No sweeping vistas of battle, just an expressionless Stormcast with blue hair. 

That character looks like one of the Stormcast from tribal groups, they mentioned that in one of the reveals as I recall. And the model is visually female. Though the armor design is cruddy.

The concave area in the middle of the chest makes for poor armor design and would be less able to resist crushing blows and be a sword redirection if it lands towards the middle of the chest, directing a blade directly towards the center of the chest to the excellent aim of piercing the heart or possibly end up breaking the breastbone with a strong enough blow to the chest, which would crack the sternum and cause instant death by rupturing the heart.

Not saying that it isn’t great high fantasy ... but the Brightshield  model from Shadespire has better designed armor.

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I prefer the more subdued artwork on the covers.

Subdued can be nice, especially if it's something symbolic of the setting. The core 40k book is an example of this. But the whole 'bemused Starbucks barista' thing isn't to my liking.

6 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Surprised no one has picked up on this little guy yet. I am sure his name is in some quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...

IMG_1012.PNG

Carrion flocks inbound? ? Would be awesome.

As an aside, I really love those sculpted bases... I just wish they had a basing kit to go with them for the rest of your army!

Archived