Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, it sounds like a minimum of 3 parts for both SCE and nighhaunt because of all the unrevealed units/miniatures. 

For  those 2 armies, we'll got:

Part1 : old stuff

Part 2 : new stuff in starter box

Part 3 : new stuff in the upcoming battletome

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

It's the summonable keyword that has piqued my interest...  Assuming they're battleline, they'd make a good alternative to small 10 model skeleton warrior units for a Legions of Nagash army :o

My thoughts exactly! Still got to finish off my Death army, this may be a good way to plug the gap.

AoSFFNighthaunt2-June5-Warscroll4wf.jpg

Has anyone recognized this? But isn't this supposed to be a horde unit? Maybe I am missing something, but the description says "A Chainrasp Horde has any number of models". Doesn't it normally say "A unit consists of 10 models?" or something like that? 

Wasn't it mentioned before that odd numbers of models in a unit could be possible or the points costs for units could be determined based on the number of models?

Maybe I missed something, but I thought the wording seemed interesting. Maybe this could mean that you don't have fixed unit sizes anymore, but you pay per model instead of per unit. But maybe I am also reading too much into this.

These models are absolutely beautiful, both sides.

But as my stormhost has a strickt "helmets mandatory" rule, and these models being push-fit, I might have a bit of a problem. I don't expect there being any extra helmets coming with those models leaving two of them helmetless....

Just now, Memnoch said:

But as my stormhost has a strickt "helmets mandatory" rule, and these models being push-fit, I might have a bit of a problem. I don't expect there being any extra helmets coming with those models leaving two of them helmetless....

Good Point!  My stormcast army is all helmets all the time!

A bit disappointed by the design of the Endless Spells, the Purple Sun and Gnashing Jaws are fun but they seem to have filled out the collection by just putting mystic flame effects around prosaic objects.  An axe! Swords! A mirror! Some random cogs! A sphere!

There are so many really interesting ways you could represent magic, some of these designs seem very unimaginative and literal-minded. 

8 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Has anyone recognized this? But isn't this supposed to be a horde unit? Maybe I am missing something, but the description says "A Chainrasp Horde has any number of models". Doesn't it normally say "A unit consists of 10 models?" or something like that? 

The unit size on the warscroll isn't related to the Matched Play profile.  In Open/Narrative play you really could take anywhere from 1-100+ in a single unit.  In Matched Play, you'd be limited to whatever is on the profile (maybe 10-40 or something? We'll see.).

1 minute ago, amysrevenge said:

The unit size on the warscroll isn't related to the Matched Play profile.  In Open/Narrative play you really could take anywhere from 1-100+ in a single unit.  In Matched Play, you'd be limited to whatever is on the profile (maybe 10-40 or something? We'll see.).

Ah ok. Got it! ? 

My new concern today is how much do I buy as physical products, how much as digital in the app, and how much has to be twice.

Guaranteed the GH will be digital only.

Guaranteed I'll be getting the starter box right away.  Maybe not digitally?  Or maybe hopefully there will be a muuuch cheaper add-on to get just the battleplans and related in-game material in the app?

Probably getting the sorcery box later in the summer, but might need it digitally right away.

34 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Do we think there will be any allegiance abilities at all beyond what we got in last year's handbook?

I am leaning towards no, as much as that stinks.

I feel like if they had added new ones then they would have teased it somewhere since that would be an exciting change and generate hype with a number of players.  They confirmed that all of the allegiance abilities from GHB '17 are returning, but they did not outright say that it was the full list.  My hunch is that it is the full list - but we won't know until either someone spoils the contents of the book or it is released.  But new Allegiance Abilities seems like something they would advertise and so far they have been silent on that.

11 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

The way the Chainrasp warscroll is worded, it implies that you can upgrade to take a unit leader, and with the wording of any number of models, there's a chance we may get a more granular approach to points and units.

“A Dreadwarden” is one.

Most Units (there are some that don’t) get a “mini-Leader” or “unit commander” in the unit.

Their unit leader also just so happens to provide an in game benefit other than just an additional attack. Which upgrades the unit to bravery 10.

This means that tactically speaking you as the Nighthaunt player need to ensure that the unit champion/leader doesn’t get killed in combat. Or they are a lot more likely to run away.

Personally I think that particular bonus is rather appropriate, and it would be good to see those kinds of rules more broadly in the game. Basically your unit leader is braver and better in combat than your average combat unit member.

58 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

My Stormcast are also all helmeted, but I have plenty of spare heads, thankfully. They may not be an exact match, but they'll do.

6 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

The way the Chainrasp warscroll is worded, it implies that you can upgrade to take a unit leader, and with the wording of any number of models, there's a chance we may get a more granular approach to points and units.

I think it's just that the Dreadwarden is both a champion and a standard, so it has the "unit gains X while it includes any Y" wording common to standard bearers, but since it's also a champion, you can only include one. I think this is what the Namarti thrall leader should have looked like.

"Any number of models" is unrelated to how the unit will be bought in matched play. We'll have to wait for min/max sizes. "More than 10 models" as a requisite for the bonus is great, though. Much better than having to keep units topped up at maximum size and losing a buff as soon as they take a hit.

There are no words to describe how excited i am. From my point of view, everything they showed is perfect and i want it all. We have an estimated price for the starter but what of the malign sorcery? I need to know how much i have to save. And then are the objectives, the dice, the push fits... Oh, my God, it's going to be expensive. 

But most of all, i can't wait for the core book. The presentation of the lore of the realms in such a manner is something of a dream come true. I truly believe that AoS has tremendous potential for worldbuilding to rival, perhaps, even 40k in time. 

Also, really glad they include an excerpt from the new Josh Reynolds book, Soul Wars. An equally anticipated product for me at least. 

25 minutes ago, SirPergrin said:

We have an estimated price for the starter but what of the malign sorcery? 

So much information has come out today I've missed the rumours on estimated price! What is the thinking on price? Seems like a great set, amazing that the hardback rulebook is in it too

2 hours ago, Infeston said:

AoSFFNighthaunt2-June5-Warscroll4wf.jpg

Wasn't it mentioned before that odd numbers of models in a unit could be possible or the points costs for units could be determined based on the number of models?

Maybe I missed something, but I thought the wording seemed interesting. Maybe this could mean that you don't have fixed unit sizes anymore, but you pay per model instead of per unit. But maybe I am also reading too much into this.

Pretty sure point values and unit size limits will be in the Generals Handbook. 

Archived