Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

10 minutes ago, LLV said:

2018-06-05_10_49_14-Soul_Wars__Animated_

theres the flying mount stormcast

For a while I thought that you had got one rumour slightly wrong after we saw the battlecats, but I shouldn't have doubted you. I'm guessing that bright white figure us the Mortarch of grief.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

So just to clarify, the only thing of note in the core rules for matched play is 6 battleplans? 

Dont want to sound negative about this, but I really dont want to spend ~£35 on a massive book when I'm only using 6 pages!

The art on the GHB and Corebook look absolutely stunning!

The realm specific rules are in the core book too, so realm battle rules and artefacts (and maybe realm specific spells?) we have been teased.  

The new images of the Mortarch of Grief and the scythe dude on flying nightmare are quite interesting. 

Hard to tell anything specific on the scythe dude, but the Mortarch appears to be a bigger version of the new magic hunter banshees sharing their bedsheet-on-a skull theme. 

Also, Stormcast seem to get a flying goat

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

For a while I thought that you had got one rumour slightly wrong after we saw the battlecats, but I shouldn't have doubted you. I'm guessing that bright white figure us the Mortarch of grief.

There are 2 main characters to see in this picture on the nightHaunt side: the white one which seems to be a super wizzard of sort, and the ripper on winged creature. I think the the mortarch of grief is the second one...

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I agree that the entry price for both a passionate or a beginner player is quite high. Core set + Magic ... But they seriously did an amazing edition. 

We still have the option not to spend a dime (core rules free warscroll free). 

Note that a high buy in price is part of what killed warhammer fantasy.

What will you get guys? One box set? only one download free rules? all of them plastic boxes?

For me, I'll see what GW reveal this month about the new SCE and NH units but I'm enclined to grab: 2 core box sets (resell one core of rules/books), Magic expansion, the endless spells minis, the objectives, and maybe some more units

1 minute ago, stratigo said:

Note that a high buy in price is part of what killed warhammer fantasy.

That is probably true....back in the days. But the pattern introduced by the 40K 8th make them right (on a business point of view). The core set is well worth the grab for a begginner. Way better than the AoS 1 box set event if it is more expensive.

7 minutes ago, stato said:

The realm specific rules are in the core book too, so realm battle rules and artefacts (and maybe realm specific spells?) we have been teased.  

That makes it a little better, but not by much. Im not one to care about the new lore (I prefer to play AoS with the Old World setting) but thats just my opinion so this core book isnt going to get much value out of me :(

Still, mega excited for the new edition! 

4 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

What will you get guys? One box set? only one download free rules? all of them plastic boxes?

For me, I'll see what GW reveal this month about the new SCE and NH units but I'm enclined to grab: 2 core box sets (resell one core of rules/books), Magic expansion, the endless spells minis, the objectives, and maybe some more units

As it stands I will probably get these:

- GHB 

- Core Book

- Shrouded Knight on Ethereal Horse

- Myrmourn Banshees

- Scythe Rider on Flying Horse

10 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

So just to clarify, the only thing of note in the core rules for matched play is 6 battleplans? 

Dont want to sound negative about this, but I really dont want to spend ~£35 on a massive book when I'm only using 6 pages!

Can see the concern.  Won't be long until stores have an open copy to look through - I've a feeling there may be other things within the Core Book for Matched Play games.  You've certainly got realm based rules and we don't know how those will work within the Matched Play side of things.  

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

*cries* I don't know :(  So much potential goodness on the horizon!  Going to wait for my WD to see the most cost effective way of buying stuff for what I'm after.  Rules and handbook are on the "must" list for sure.

9 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I agree that the entry price for both a passionate or a beginner player is quite high. Core set + Magic ... But they seriously did an amazing edition. 

I'm going to see exactly what GW is going to offer in the way of bundles and such like.  There's nothing saying you have to buy it all at once - I've a feeling that bits like the dice and Malign Sorcery could easily wait for a bit unless we get a special offer on them.

3 minutes ago, LLV said:

I want it alllll, now!

ha, finally a flaw in your rumours, it's: "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now ". But on a serious note, damn dude, that was some spot on stuff, you told us about. Respect for that.

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I would strongly recommend that a beginner buy neither the core set nor the malign sorcery box.

With the core rules being free and points available on warscroll builder, the entry cost will just be models.

I also fully expect them to go further down the 40k route and do cut down starter sets.

Personally I will buying the big starter set as it looks fantastic and I absolutely want to collect both armies. I will probably hold off on the malign sorcery box for a while,  purely due to budgetary reasons. I am severely tempted to buy all the easy to build stuff,  though we may get a special box set for those later as we did for 40k. 

I will then buy the black coach,  the three nighthaunt leaders, the nighthaunt cavalry, the stormcast battlecats, the big bird, the multipart sacrosanct stormcast kits, one each of the heroes, some more chainrasp guys...

What an awesome release!!

When a new army is out, one of the most appealing thing is the central piece, the one that most often make me fall for the army. I am sooooooo impatient to see the mortarch of grief now. The other units are so great that I'm afraid to be disapointed after waiting too long.

On the other hand, the same goes for Stormcast. The winged new boss (or the simili dragon one) is an missing piece in my army because you don't have anything in a SCE army between a dracothian and a stardrake!!!! something around 300/450 points middle sized character (like a mortarch)

13 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

At the moment I want everything, but I think I will get the core set and GHB to start. Then I'll do some swaps or picking up stuff from bits sites to expand one of the forces. 

Haven't bought a beginner box since 7th.. Are the minis inside exactly the same as the ones coming in separate boxes or are they "cheap" versions of the same minis? They mention push-fit.

Glad I'm getting paid the 15th :D

Edit: I'm actually about to pay for Stormcast Oo

17 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Very good point, beginner just needs a Start collecting box and the App to get going. 

I on the other hand need EVERYTHING ?

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I would strongly recommend that a beginner buy neither the core set nor the malign sorcery box.

that's the worse advice ever! :S

If one or both amies in the core set is appealing to you, this is a MUST BUY!  You can't beat what is packed in this box!!! With 1 or 2 boxes you have  2 big armies already at a super low budget! (you can even resell what you don't need, did it all the time)

Current plan to is to split the core set between me and a friend, we're just going to throw a extra core rulebook & GHB in the basket and split the cost down the middle so we both get both books and cool new minis, can't wait to get those Nighthaunt goodies!

Question though, are we expecting a new Nighthaunt battletome to include the new models in the starter set?

3 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Question though, are we expecting a new Nighthaunt battletome to include the new models in the starter set?

It has been confirmed/announced by GW  last month. And certainly a new Stormcast battletome also. The question is when? But GW will tell us that during this long june month of waiting...

3 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

The minis in the box will get their rules in the box, and we will likely see an updated battletome within 4 weeks from release. (Based on the 40k release that looks to be similar.)

Archived