Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

Just now, Tip4Tap said:

Anyone got an idea when 2nd edition is going to drop? I know it's June but anything more specific?

We should find out later today. There is a GW seminar at the UK Games Expo so I think there will be some sort of mention on the community site later. It's Imperial Knights up for PreOrder in 40K this weekend, so I'm expecting/hoping AOS 2 for preorder next weekend but we may get the rules out next week as well. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

We should find out later today. There is a GW seminar at the UK Games Expo so I think there will be some sort of mention on the community site later. It's Imperial Knights up for PreOrder in 40K this weekend, so I'm expecting/hoping AOS 2 for preorder next weekend but we may get the rules out next week as well. 

I can't wait to get my teeth into the new edition. Hopefully it's the start of June.

24 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Think the seminar runs 3 till 4? Hopefully community site updates then. 

Well, AoS 2 is comming soooooooooon (we are already 50403 seconds past JUNE 2018 ) , how many of you guys intends to start a new army?

The AoS 2 release is centered around 1.5 new factions with all new miniatures. As my main are SCE and death, I can't be more happy. But my death is mostly LoN with few nighthaunt (ghosts, hex). For me, It'll ring the starting bell of Nighthaunt (new version) army. (and of course expand SCE)

You?

I've rushed through some painting commissions to give me enough funds to order the boxed set and all necessary book supplements in one go. If funds allow, I'll go up to 2 boxed sets. 

AoS has been my favourite wargame since it was released, so this time around I'm going all out, purely because I can!

12 minutes ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

I've rushed through some painting commissions to give me enough funds to order the boxed set and all necessary book supplements in one go. If funds allow, I'll go up to 2 boxed sets. 

AoS has been my favourite wargame since it was released, so this time around I'm going all out, purely because I can!

Oh yeah I'm definitely starting a new army. Just not sure which one. 

Love Nagash as a model and magic so death is looking promising. But then I love me some ironjaws and dwarfs. So much choice!

23 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Well, AoS 2 is comming soooooooooon (we are already 50403 seconds past JUNE 2018 ) , how many of you guys intends to start a new army?

The AoS 2 release is centered around 1.5 new factions with all new miniatures. As my main are SCE and death, I can't be more happy. But my death is mostly LoN with few nighthaunt (ghosts, hex). For me, It'll ring the starting bell of Nighthaunt (new version) army. (and of course expand SCE)

You?

Army? Why the singular? :D I'm a 40K player getting into AoS. I already brought a starter box,  because everyone needs a SCE army (as everyone has a Space Marine army in 40K :D ), and I'm a sucker for everything Khorne. But at heart I feel the Waaaaghhhh!!! calling, so Ironjawz. Because what's cooler than an iron clad muscular brute with a huge weapon? An iron clad muscular greenskin with huge weapons on a dragon that looks like a bodybuilder! :D

55 minutes ago, Tip4Tap said:

Anyone got an idea when 2nd edition is going to drop? I know it's June but anything more specific?

My guess is the pre-orders will start on the 9th. I base this on the fact, that by then they basically ran out of factions to review.

2 minutes ago, Drib said:

Was something mentioned, if Units can now exceed their starting size via summoning ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "reserve" points are going away altogether(setting aside a specific unit that you paid points for to come in later being completely different) and I wouldn't be surprised that you'll be able to, and not being able to will be specifically specified for the unit/ability.

I'm going to guess at a Pre-Order from the 16th, with a release on the 30th June.

The only reason I suggest that is because I've been told that GW have 'green' days on those days, meaning they shouldn't take holidays on those days (or something like that).

I really really like the narrative direction they are going and how much time they invested in designing different artifacts, spells and effects for the different realms. I am so excited in picking up the rulebook for all the cool new rules. I imagine many matched players won't use these rules, even though thry are so awesome and can add a lot of interesting elements to the tabletop. 

This quote shows that you could just ignore the realm rules, but encourages you to still use them:

The choice of which realm you decide to set your battle in is up to you – the realm you fight in might depend on the story you want to tell, while for structured events, you could have every single game take place in the same Mortal Realm, journey through several, or roll a dice to decide. Likewise, if you don’t fancy using a Mortal Realm, you don’t have to – but you’ll be missing out on some really fun stuff if you do.

So I really like that GW tries to cater to the Matched Play audience on the one side, but on the other hand still mostly focusses on creating funny and interesting rules, which allow interesting experiences on the tabletop. 

I have to say that I am a total fan of the new rules, just because they are so fluffy and cool. ?

As a fan of the Realmgate Wars Campaign books I find it odd they didn't mention these are an expansion of the Time of Wars rules for parts of the various realms

"Each of the Mortal Realms has a set of unique rules that create unusual challenges and opportunities for the armies fighting in them – you might recognise some of these as expansions of those first introduced in the most recent General’s Handbook. "

Archived