Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Ben Johnson confirmed that Depravity points are each wound that doesn't kill a hero - thus a 5 wound hero would award 4 DP's even if they're killed

Very good move from GW, makes the mechanic a lot less clunky.

53 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Hehe, yeah, you quoted my right  : there will apparently be three SPECIFIC to Nighthaunt Endless Spells !

The first one is the Mortalis Terminexus shown above. 

EDIT : yeah it's 3 ES released with the NH BT for sure, but it remains unclear if those 3 will be only available to NH or to everyone else. 

So we are probably to expect faction specific endless spells in the future. Maybe even more realm spells, as more realms get added.

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

I wondered if there were going to be additional endless spells released with future battletomes. That's kinda cool, but it's also sort of a balancing hazard? My instinct is to say "this could get out of hand quickly", especially since we don't even have the basic Malign Sorcery set available to all armies in our hands yet, but I'm always on the side of waiting to see what the actual rules are like before making judgements, so I'll heed my own advice.

Unless older battletomes are going to get updates and spell packs, though, it's difficult to see how this won't create a strata of power creep favouring BTs reeast post- Malign Sorcery. Maybe they're going to do exactly that, though. On the other hand, maybe having unique endless spells is part of the Nighthaunt faction's "gimmick" and it isn't something we'll see for other releases.

More options will always favor armies with Battletomes, but I wouldn't assume that army-specific Endless Spells are automatically stronger than the Malign Sorcery baseline spells (or any other Endless Spells that come out later). If they truly are focused on balance with AoS2/GHB2018, then the spells will have distinct effects but there should still be a reason to take "neutral" spells as Nighthaunt, and other armies should not feel disadvantaged for simply having the base ones to work with.

Time will tell, of course, but I'm fairly confident atm.

52 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Also, heroes that damage enemy units but not killed them. He gave the example of a Keeper of Secrets killing a unit of 5 Liberators would give you 5 depravity points

Interesting, so Slaanesh actually has an advantage against elite armies with multi-wound units like Stormcasts, as opposed to armies that field hordes of single wound troops?

2 hours ago, stickybluetoffee said:

each battle tome will have a new endless spell. Here’s Nighthaunt’s

It was becoming pretty obvious that this would be the case since they confirmed that the rules for using Endless Spells were becoming part of the core rule set.  It is nice to have this suspicion confirmed though.

2 hours ago, Urauloth said:

Unless older battletomes are going to get updates and spell packs, though, it's difficult to see how this won't create a strata of power creep favouring BTs reeast post- Malign Sorcery. 

This concept sort of baffles me.  I see a fair amount of people talking about older battletomes as if that single book is all there will ever be.  With the exception of the few armies that GW has outright discontinued in the past every army book in their primary games has seen multiple revisions.  It is almost a given that at some point they are going to rewrite any given army book.  Given their current trajectory for the last 10 years or so any of these full rewrites will coincide with a new model release.  The exception to that has been when they have made a game-breaking rule change edition - which over the last 20 years has basically been just Warhammer Fantasy -> Age of Sigmar and 40k 7th -> 8th.

So you can expect that they will at some point rework those older tomes and when they do they will probably add a couple new model kits and probably rework them with some of the common components to current Battletomes.  So allegiance abilities, possibly free mini-faction rules (enclaves, cults, etc), spell lores, battalions, etc.  If the new plan is also to give every faction with magic their own unique endless spells then you can probably also expect that they will add those when they rewrite an army book.

So for example, there is a current rumor of a mini Ironjawz release in the not too far future.  If that does happen to be the case then I am willing to bet money it means a rewrite of their Battletome.  The only other real option is that GW embraces a release style somewhat like Privateer Press or Wyrd do with anthology release books (where one book contains releases for multiple factions).  They did slightly do that with Malign Portents, so I would not rule out GW pushing campaign book sales by including rules for new units for the primary factions in a particular campaign, but I still think battletome rewrites are the more likely way for them to handle release waves for any given faction.

Taken straight from the twitch game.

Evocators are in groups of five, for 200 pts. Seems palladins are going down in points. These guys are way better than all the palladin options.

Castigators are groups of 3

Sequitors are groups of 5 (battleline if new gryph guy is general)

I'm a little annoyed that the new starter does not provide a full group of evocators or 2 sequitors. Bit of a ****** move. Hopefully they make a cheap supplement box. But it is quite annoying in terms of assembling and painting.

Hmm her design looks a bit on the cartoony side then what I thought it would be.

Though I am bit disappointed it isn't an establish character from the lore, I am glad GW are making more new characters in AoS like the Mortach of Grief and recently Volturnus

Has anyone seen if they did roll off for the first turn or number of drops still dictate who goes? I'm talking about the twitch aos 2.0 game

Twitch chat just told me that the "who finish deploy dictate who goes first" is still a thing. Sadly :(

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

Hmm her design looks a bit on the cartoony side then what I thought it would be.

Though I am bit disappointed it isn't an establish character from the lore, I am glad GW are making more new characters in AoS like the Mortach of Grief and recently Volturnus

Does anyone else think her massive rack slightly detracts from the horror of the mini? She needs a more somber paint job too. More dark colors would go a long way.

3 minutes ago, Nullius said:

Does anyone else think her massive ****** slightly detract from the horror of the mini? She needs a more somber paint job too. More dark colors would go a long way.

Honestly i thought the same thing. Also there seems to be some backsliding in terms of other proportions too; looking at you, massive hands... She still looks cool though. 

Archived