Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I was thinking about my high elves and their balista, the "high elf bolt throwers"

I hope that GW will update this unit's warscroll  to be managed like the new Stormcast balista. (and all the other machineries like this one: canons, balista, catapults) etc... I.E. the crew+the machine  = considered as 1 miniature with augmented life points.

As others have said before, they won't be updated before they get their Warhammer Legends Battletome. But the Dark Elfs one made the crew part of the machines unit. 

3 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

Pretty sure they said these were push fit models, no?  Not going to get separate shoulder pads with push fit.

I wasn't expecting them to have separate shoulders, but I was secretly hoping they would

SW will definetely be my start into the Age of Sigmar, I love the NH! Let's check if they're as fun to play as my thousands sons.

I might be late on that, but am I the only one who thinks 15 $ on the Myrnmourn  Banshees is a nice price?  Am I missing something? I usually pay that for one miniature, are these really three? (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/06/next-weeks-age-of-sigmar-launch-products-pricing-confirmed.html)

And I don't know if I'm happy with GW designing the bases of the Banshees and the Glaivewraith stalkers, but seemingly not the Starter Set models. Why would they do that?

Are there new bases on the works? I'm not a huge fan of the banshee bases though, but I would be moderatly annoyed if I have to buy extra clean bases to base my army in a unique look.

5 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

" an army based around synergy and combos between characters"

I honnestly thought that all armies were (more or less) that way...9_9

They all should be, but there are some armies out there with a distinct lack of real synergy.  Destruction has a number that have very limited synergy.

Colored (forget all you brits - this word does not require an unnecessary U!) plastic is great.  A lot of people will paint these up anyways, but a lot of people won't and it makes them stand out nicely.  It's also neat that they chose a couple of different colors for the different effects.  However, I do wish that they had taken a page out of Wyrd Miniatures' book and made them translucent colored plastic.  You can make some really cool effects (even just dropping a wash on them) for that and it really fits magic effects.

The handle on the box for the Malign Sorcery is cracking me up though.  I guess it would be decent to toss some foam inside and use it as a cheapo army transport.   But I am curious how often they expect that the handle on the box for Malign Sorcery will really be used?

Yeah card boxes make sense.  It would be neat for Shadespire, but I could honestly care less about Warhammer Heroes.  I just no longer have any interest in collectible games with blind-buy packages.  But other people still do so I hope this is something that they enjoy. 

5 hours ago, christophe said:

I love the mini 3 sequitors/4 stalkers/4 banshees... sets. I wander if they will appear in the futur start collecting/army box

Most likely not. They are push fit models, and out of every single SC box GW has made (for 40K and AoS), only the Paladins in the 1st Stormcast SC were of the pushfit variety. Everything else is full kits, because that is honestly much better for starting an actual army with.

Because they're usually less expensive, I'm fine with a lot of push fits. Most weapon hands can be sawed off at the wrist for variety in weapon positioning - sometime even full arms. Other hack and glue mods are more situational, but often head swaps aren't too tough.

Archived