Hello World - New to EVERYTHING!

audre

Hello everyone,

Glad to have discovered this place. Looks awesome here :)

I only started painting a few months ago and discovered that I really enjoy it! I don't play (yet) and honestly have no clue what happens once a model leaves my hands and finds its way onto the board. Maybe one day I'll have time to learn how to play too! For right now, I paint models for the fun of it, for myself and people who play, but don't feel like painting.

I enjoy basing, too. I love trying out different techniques and ingredients just to see how they might look / work. My two most recent successful 'adventures' have been with Sculpey and my hot melt glue gun.  It's really amazing what you can make with a little bit of patience.

Looking forward to learning and much more experimentation. Might even be brave enough to start a painting log. :P

Hey hey audre!,

Welcome to the party!

Hopefully you can get a few games in sometime soon and see if you like that portion of the hobby.  Maybe get those fellows you're painting for to give you a run through!

Do indeed set up a painting log, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Goodluck in the Mortal Realms!

Awesome! so Tzeentchy! 

I also got into the hobby as a means to do some art. For the longest time I was spending all my time doing complex conversions because I was afraid of painting. You are already doing great painting and advanced basing techniques right from the start! I bought some sculpy and I still have never used it... 

The game is great its just 4 pages of rules and the free app and you can try it out. The new pitched battles would require you to paint a ton of pink horrors to be able to play tzeentch stuff, but open play lets you put anything you want on the table and just see what happens. 

WoolyMammoth - thanks for the welcome!

SCULPEY IS GREAT!! I have made bases with it, rib cages, battle carnage, and most recently, a bunch of skulls for my Mortarch base (WIP). It is the least expensive way (I think?) to add hand sculpted, custom pieces into the mix.

I want to work on making molds, too, of useful bits (like skulls) which are soooooooooooo expensive to buy. I spent a few HUNDRED dollars at this year's ORIGINS game fare just on miscellaneous bits for my projects.... and I don't even play the damn models myself LOL.

And thanks for the suggestion of trying out open play. Might just give that a go after I get a few more things thrown together.

Hello Shane :) Thanks for the welcome.  

I was introduced in a roundabout way for sure. I'm mostly a Magic Card player and stop by my local shop to have a game or two of Commander with friends. As it happens, this shop (Flatland Games, Wixom, Michigan http://flatlandgamestore.com) has a huge number of mini-gamers with lots of Warhammer, Dropzone Commander and Malifaux die-hards. Of course, I can't just walk by these awesome models without wanting to have some of my own! Since I like fantasy, the AoS stuff has really been fun for me to explore. Also, my local Warhammer shop (in Ann Arbor, Michigan) has an amazing guy who runs the shop - Ian is one of the nicest people I've ever met! His enthusiasm is really very contagious.

Hello Levianthus! Thanks, too for the welcome and kind words.

I do like those Chaos models LOL. I recently got myself the Silver Tower Quest Box so I could get my hands on all those models (!) Not sure if I'll play but it will sure make it easier to give ti a shot.

welcome aboard, Audre!

really stellar Tzeentch chariot in your other thread.

Was going to suggest that the Silvertower boxed game is a great starting point to get a bit of gaming under your feet.  Not to mention the completely amazing models that come in that box of goodness...But you are already aware of that :)  Like you, I was mainly just a life-long hobbyist before getting the gaming itch and diving in.  Enjoy!

Archived