Sepulchral Warden Inspired

Attackmack

My search-fu is really bad today and I couldnt find an answer to this. In the FAQ there is an answer dealing with a similar situation about an objective, but not this particular situation.

The Warden's inspiration trigger says "Two friendly fighters are returned to the battlefield". I assume this means two different fighters must be returned, and if I return the same fighter twice that doesnt count. But do these two fighters have to be present at the board at the same time?

The situation that arose was that I had one fighter being returned, then killed again, then I returned another fighter thus having 2 fighters returned, but only one present at the board. Does this count and inspire my Warden? 

Oh and another followup to that.

If an effect or action allows a fighter to make a move action, does that count as an activation? The situation:

The warden uses his action that allows two other fighters to make move actions. The first of these end its move within two hexes of Steelheart. Will this trigger Steelhearts "Heroic Stride" that allows him to push one hex if a fighter "end its activation within 2 hexes"?

To me this would be a no, the only fighter activating in this situation is the Warden, right? Or does any for of action in any situation count as an activation for the fighter carrying it out?

Actually it can be the same fighter returning to the battlefield twice. So that's nice.
So basically each time any friendly fighter makes a return you get a stamp. Two stamps and your Warden inspires.
Note that a fighter returning because of the ploy "Restless Dead" also counts towards inspiring the Warden.

Very interesting observation in your second question. I believe you are right. The Warden is activated - the two fighters moving are taking an action.
The difference between activations and actions are a big and important part of the rules.

This is also why a fighter that has charged can still move or attack if granted the action through a ploy. He is only prevented from activating, not moving or attacking. It's just that activating is the most common way to grant yourself those actions.

2 hours ago, Goblin-King said:

Actually it can be the same fighter returning to the battlefield twice. So that's nice.
So basically each time any friendly fighter makes a return you get a stamp. Two stamps and your Warden inspires.
Note that a fighter returning because of the ploy "Restless Dead" also counts towards inspiring the Warden.

Very interesting observation in your second question. I believe you are right. The Warden is activated - the two fighters moving are taking an action.
The difference between activations and actions are a big and important part of the rules.

This is also why a fighter that has charged can still move or attack if granted the action through a ploy. He is only prevented from activating, not moving or attacking. It's just that activating is the most common way to grant yourself those actions.

So it CAN be the same fighter, I wasnt expecting that :o 

Thanks for your reply though, always nice to get things cleared up :) 

Archived