Forgeworld Points

Once I saw the new Bull Centaur hero I ran over to this forum to ask the same question.

Will be a missed opportunity if they don't bother getting points out.

I've just found the CD warscrolls to be kind of lackluster.  Am I missing something?  I was really excited to see them when they were first released and afterwards I was like meh.

And I never meh.  I ALWAYS want to buy stuff! More stuff!

More!

I always felt like it was a half finished list, they had plans for hobgoblins, and left out some of the stuff that there was already models released for, such as a Sorceror on Lammassu, a fighty general on bull taurus, warriors with blunderbusses and great weapons/big axes. If they got all that stuff, and the hobbos, plus the big monster K'daai destroyer that they never got (and is now Skaarac) then they would be pretty epic, as they are at the moment I would rather pair them with Tamurkhan or as support for a combined Legion of Chaos/Grand Alliance.

I had a 10,000pt army all unpainted/unbuilt/brand new which I had collected over the course of a year or two around the time of 8th ed headed into End Times, but lost the will to do anything with it so sold it and used the money to fund my Nurgle/Pestilens AoS stuff. I still have a few bits and pieces , so am eagerly awaiting points and future releases (of which hobgoblins are rumoured) as well.

If anyone is interested, post end times I made the Facebook page Age of Sig Zharr (age of sigmar chaos dwarves) on facebook, come & represent, we are up to about 160 members so far!

Yup on way home from the FW Open Day (yay to 4 hours of trains). From what he said the points have been done and passed over to ther Web team who need to work their magic. Basically it sounds like the PDFs aren't created directly by FW so in his eyes everything should be out for the 23rd - however if they're not then it's not FW being rubbish :-)

I'm sure I know one that Ben has in mind. 

For me, Fimir, as their base size doesn't match their damage output on the board. So points are vital. 

Another thing to consider is how FW models will sit with alliegence/battleline rules. That interests me just as much. 

My first GW experience was with Hero Quest and only recently discovered that my favourite monsters from that were actually available from Forge World: fimirs!  Needless to say I ordered them straight away.  Have been constructing today... maybe they will go nicely with a new savage orruk force?

One damage per hit does seem a bit lacking though, given they are ogre-sized models with DHWs..

Surely Ironsworn should be inherently Battleline. They are junk, but anyway.

The Magma Cannon is cheap at that price.

Hope they just use SCGT pool costs times 20 for the Monstrous Arcanum and make them Battleline if you stick to Monstrous Arcanum.

3 hours ago, Nico said:

Surely Ironsworn should be inherently Battleline. They are junk, but anyway.

The Magma Cannon is cheap at that price.

Hope they just use SCGT pool costs times 20 for the Monstrous Arcanum and make them Battleline if you stick to Monstrous Arcanum.

I was the one who posted those points, and after playing with them here's my own feedback:

Darzhoath could go up 20 points, magma cannon could up 20 (but GW has a record of making warmachines cheaper than SCGT and the flame cannon is only 200 so it may be lower),  the dreadquake could go down 20, most of the other points seem fine, but I haven't tested bull centars, fireborn, the giant or death shrieker. Some of the warscrolls just can't be saved by low points because they are just so mediocre or have bad keywords. So far the castellan, darzhoath and magma cannon have been great, the ironsworn and fireglaves haven't been that bad but the iron demon has been very underwhelming.

10 hours ago, Nico said:

How the Iron Daemon doesn't have a 3+ save is beyond me. Oh wait, it's Chaos.

Honestly that's not even it's biggest problem. It just has a low damage output and no gimmciks. That's most of the chaos dwarf faction for you.

Archived