Citadel Saw - Spare blades

I picked up a Citadel saw at the weekend, and I have to say it's an excellent purchase.  Store manager was talking about its usefulness for conversions which I'm sure is true - but what I bought it for (and am finding it excellent for) is working with Forgeworld resin.  Removing resin from the sprue has never been easier.

That said - I will inevitably need to replace the blades at some point, which brings me onto my question.  Is anyone aware of replacement blades that are available out there?  

I'm not aware of any and if you need to replace them you will need to buy a new one. But what sort of work will you be doing to need to replace one that quickly! I would have thought the current Saw would last at least a few years of use on plastics and resin. 

Not sure what you mean by "that quickly"? I said "inevitably... at some point". No implication there that they will blunt particularly quickly. 

They are promoted on the GW website as being compatible with other replacement blades. If you don't know of any that's fair enough, but I think it's a fair question. 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Citadel-Saw-2017-Non-Sale

"These blades are easy to swap out, and the Citadel Saw is compatible with the most common hobby saw blades"

x-acto do keyhole saw blades (ie. thin and pointy) or bigger ones with a holder/support on the top of the blade.  Not seen anywhere that does a blade like GW supplies, ive only done one FW model and didnt fancy paying out so just used an old slightly blunt junior hacksaw which did the job admirably, can totally understand why you'd buy the GW one though as can imagine its easier to control for mid-level work.

Archived