Starting a Brayherd/Warherd army

cxiv

So I have 20 gors and 10 ungor raiders that I have assembled a few years ago but shelved. I am thinking about actually building a brayherd/warherd army. I'm not really a tournament player so I don't want a cheese list, and I would expect that beastmen aren't really a cheesy army anyway.

I was thinking something like this for 1500 pts:

Allegiance: Chaos
Beastlord (80)
- Man-ripper Axe & Brayshield
20 x Gors (160)
- Gor-Blades & Beastshields
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Ungor Raiders (200)
20 x Bestigors (280)
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axes
5 x Centigors (80)
Ghorgon (200)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

19 hours ago, cxiv said:

So I have 20 gors and 10 ungor raiders that I have assembled a few years ago but shelved. I am thinking about actually building a brayherd/warherd army. I'm not really a tournament player so I don't want a cheese list, and I would expect that beastmen aren't really a cheesy army anyway.

Beastlord (80)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Ungor Raiders (200)
20 x Bestigors (280)
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axes
5 x Centigors (80)
Ghorgon (200)

I think that would be pretty fun to face in a friendly game. The ghorgon is a hero right? It's a shame they didn't bump gors up to 2 wounds and 2 attacks each; they're almost the same price as chaos warriors and Tzaangors anyway... Seeing as you're using chaos grand alliance, you could actually use Tzaangors... if it's just an aesthetic thing, you could always proxy to get that extra punch.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, cxiv said:

Beastlord (80)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Gors (160)
20 x Ungor Raiders (200)
20 x Bestigors (280)
3 x Bullgors (180)
- Great Axes
5 x Centigors (80)
Ghorgon (200)

Hi and welcome to the Herd!!!!!!!!

the list is interesting especially because it mixes all the former components of the Beastmen although I might advise a couple of changes to be able to be a bit more reliable: 

1. I would organize the gors in 1x 30 men, 1x20 men and 1x10 men to maxmize the points (a units of 30 gets a discount in points and the amount of model you field is the exact same);

2. if you have the models available I would get rid of the centigors: they are less then reliable and for the same amount of points you can field 10 more Bestigors in that 20 men units (same principle of the Gor units you get a discount on the max number of model you can have in the unit) making that a very dangerous unit to face;

3. one last thing regards the warherd units: on one side the ghorgon can be nice on its own as it takes your opponent attention and he HAS to deal with it or it will cause some problems. On the other side the Bullgors are very udnderwelming as a 3 men unit alone (in a whole Warherd army you might wanna prefer 3 men units to 6 men unit to have target saturation but in a "beastmen" army the are really just fluff-y). What you could do is either get rid of the Ghorgon and double up on the unit of Bullgors or replace that 3 men unit with a couple of  shamans. The mystic shield on the big blob of Bestigor makes them very tanky and together with the Inspiring presence makes them so they don't test for BS and considering you will have them in CC turn 1 they will stick for a very long time and cause havoc!! Also the shamans provide your Breyherd units with insane mobility (3" more on run rolls considering ALL Breyherd run and charge, will turn your models into F1 cars on a wargaming table!!)

Of course everything I said is not valid if you are just looking at having a good time with some awesome looking models. 

In any way just have fun!!

Archived