Hi all.

With the new Idoneth I have renewed my love to elfs so I'm finishing my wanderers/wood elves army and starting an idoneth one. So as I have SCE and some Kharadron I like usually to make mixed order lists as I usually play without allegiance abilitys. So with this in mind I would like to make an aelf competitive army, if it's possible for 1k and 2k points... I dont usually go competitive but I will try to make the best with the things I have (sylvaneth, Wood elves/wanderers (dragons included) and idoneth deepkin). The idoneth army is better to go by his own or with allys because of their own rules... but they could fix on a mixed aelf army too I think we can make some very good aelf power!!

Anyone else giving Aelfs love?

Here's my attempt at a 2000 point Aelf list including Wanderers, Idoneth and a few others:

Twilight Sisters on forest dragon – 420

Leviadon - 380

Spellweaver - 80

10 Namarti Thralls – 140 (Battleline)

5 Reavers  - 160 (Battleline)

10 Gladeguard – 120 (Battleline)

10 Eternal Guard – 80 

10 Sisters of the Watch – 220

5 Bloodstalkers – 160

5 Sisters of the Thorn – 220 (or 2 Dracothian Tempestors or 10 more Sisters of the Watch)

1 Hunting Hound – 20 

My thoughts on units that I will try to use on lists are:

Wanderers:

Eternal Guard. One of the most deffensive aelf units.

Sisters of the thorn. Magic, ranged weapons, nice buff and super cool minis.

Glade guard. I see them at least on units of 20. Cool -3rend once per battle. 

Heroes I like waywatcher and wayfinder. Spellweaver to resurrect is cool.

Sylvaneth:

Alarielle. Love the model. Dont fix in all lists but I think with a treelord ancient with regrow are almost invincible.

Treelord ancient. Wizard, mystic shield saves 2+, buff to reroll save of 1, can attak with sylvaneth wyldwood, teleport, nice ranged weapon, healing...

Tree revenants. I like them to teleport and charge or take an objetive on first turn. Nice damage.

Wood Elves.

Glade Lord on forest Dragon. 4+ reroll all failed saves, cool buff, nice damage. I usually give the bow that with 2+ makes ME

Twilight sisters on Forest Dragon. A bit point expensive but love the model and I like going 2 dragons sometimes.

Avatar of the hunt. Expensive but makes nice range damage and heals itself.

Daughters of Khaine.

Heartrenders. Nice mobility and nice ranged damage.

Other Aelvs.

Mistweaver saih. Like his magic attack.

Archmage. Cool magic shield 

Idonerh Deepkin

Eidolon aspect of Sea. I like a lot and I think is a nice hero.

Thralls. Nice damage.

I'm sure I forgot some important nice units but that is almost what I usually use. So with this a list could be:

Heroes:

Alarielle

Treelord Ancient 

Waywatcher

Wayfinder

Spellweaver

Glade Lord on forest Dragon.

Battlelines:

2x10 Eternal Guard

20 Glade guard.

5 Tree revenants.

Total 2k

7 hours ago, Hoseman said:

My thoughts on units that I will try to use on lists are:

Wanderers:

Eternal Guard. One of the most deffensive aelf units.

Sisters of the thorn. Magic, ranged weapons, nice buff and super cool minis.

Glade guard. I see them at least on units of 20. Cool -3rend once per battle. 

Heroes I like waywatcher and wayfinder. Spellweaver to resurrect is cool.

Sylvaneth:

Alarielle. Love the model. Dont fix in all lists but I think with a treelord ancient with regrow are almost invincible.

Treelord ancient. Wizard, mystic shield saves 2+, buff to reroll save of 1, can attak with sylvaneth wyldwood, teleport, nice ranged weapon, healing...

Tree revenants. I like them to teleport and charge or take an objetive on first turn. Nice damage.

Wood Elves.

Glade Lord on forest Dragon. 4+ reroll all failed saves, cool buff, nice damage. I usually give the bow that with 2+ makes ME

Twilight sisters on Forest Dragon. A bit point expensive but love the model and I like going 2 dragons sometimes.

Avatar of the hunt. Expensive but makes nice range damage and heals itself.

Daughters of Khaine.

Heartrenders. Nice mobility and nice ranged damage.

Other Aelvs.

Mistweaver saih. Like his magic attack.

Archmage. Cool magic shield 

Idonerh Deepkin

Eidolon aspect of Sea. I like a lot and I think is a nice hero.

Thralls. Nice damage.

I'm sure I forgot some important nice units but that is almost what I usually use. So with this a list could be:

Heroes:

Alarielle

Treelord Ancient 

Waywatcher

Wayfinder

Spellweaver

Glade Lord on forest Dragon.

Battlelines:

2x10 Eternal Guard

20 Glade guard.

5 Tree revenants.

Total 2k

Aren't Eternal Guard only battleline with wanderers allegiance?

So none of both lists said can be legal... I didn't thought of that thing. So to go one allegiance must be that 1600 points at least isn't it?

We could make:

Alarielle

Treelord Ancient

Spellweaver

Wayfinder

Waystrider

10 Eternal Guard.

20 Glade guard (battleline)

20 Glade guard (battleline)

10 Thralls (battleline)

5 Tree revenants.

That is I think 1960 points.

And we could change Tree Revenants for mistweaver saih or anything 120 points to make 2k

31 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

So to go one allegiance must be that 1600 points at least isn't it?

Basically, yes. Although  there are some other things like your general needs to have the keyword as well & and the battleline requirements must be met with units with the same keyword. 

Your above list is allegiance Order. Although why you wouldn’t want to bring some blood lusting witch aelfs... they are order... really! ?

I wanted to make a mixed aelf competitive list or try to focus the better units of each self faction...

I know witch aelvs are cool, they are fast and make very good damage but I don't have them so they didn't count on my list :)

The thing will always go order on a mixed aelf if we want to use all the best units. 

For battleline could work:

Defensive - bleackswords or highborn spearmen. They don't have reroll 1 and 2 on cover but on shoot or combat they do. Maybe more damage bleackswords but 20points more.

Offensive - Namarti thralls, Glade guard or shifthawk Reavers.

Archived