Heroes against Monsters (D&D Style)

Darksider

Hello,

i am searching for a way to play with my friends as a group of heroes against all sorts of random monsters (like in D&D). The Problem i have with this, is finding a good way to make this work.

If i only use straight up AOS Rules, i have some dead stats (most of the Time Bravery and Command Abilities, if not all Heroes are from the same faction).

I thought about using the Warhammer quest stats, but i lack the experience to make my own monsters and cards. (I also don't own warhammer quest, so no idea how it plays)

I found an interesting blog on dakka dakka and i really liked the idea of it. I know it's frozen (not a big fan of this disney film), but that's the style i want for the game.

http://mezmaronslair.blogspot.co.at/2018/02/disney-frozen-gaming-attack-of-wolves.html

Is there a way to make it play like this or are there some alternative rules i can use?

With some work you could do something similar using the AoS Skirmish Rules.

WHQ makes it “cleaner” as each (un-wounded) character gets 4 actions (which could be used to move, open a portal, fight, recuperate or search) this allows one to possibly outrun wolves (as an example) or to search a location.

As a character is wounded or stunned they get fewer action dice. Once their action dice are all “covered” by wounds or stuns they are ‘Greviously Wounded’ and removed from the board ... hopefully their fellow party members will beat the enemies and they will be able to recover.

2 hours ago, Darksider said:

That would be really cool ;).

I have the skirmish rules already, only thing i don't like is that you can't play a "pure" hero theme.

Can i get the rules for WHQ anywhere or do i have to buy the Silver Tower Boardgame?

There is nothing to actually keep you from playing a “purely hero” game of Skirmish. Other than a set of rules from GW. B|

As for WHQ, Unfortunately, there is no published set of rules by GW for Warhammer Quest outside of the Boardgames. 

There are two Warhammer Quest games.

“The Silver Tower” and “Shadows Over Hammerhal.”

Silver Tower is Tzeentch focused and a Cooperative Boardgame experience.

SoH is a more “role playing” style of game (though also a board game) as it requires a Game Master to control the adversaries. And it has Tzeentch, Khorne, Nurgle and sort of Slaanesh.

All the heroes from both games are cross-compatible. As are the adversary models and rules.

Both board games would give a variety of models to play in a skirmish game.

There also happens to be a set of official “Chaos Adversaries” cards that expands the available enemies.

If you’re interested, drop over by the Warhammer Quest sub-Forum here on TGA. If you want to read more reviews (from a Boardgame perspective), the Boardgame Geek website has a solid group of reviews about the WHQ games.

Thanks for your help =).

I am more interested in Silver Tower, maybe i will buy it someday^^.  I have a lot of models, this shouldn't be a problem ;).

Already read some of the topics in the Warhammer quest subforum =).

Overflow the renown and/or ruin rules a bit before. Maybe i should have a deeper look at them;).

Archived