How could I not like Stormcasts...

3 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

They resemble space marines in that:

Basicly given life by a god emporor sigmar.

Like space marines they are stupid easy to paint lending themselves to 2 color based paint schemes.

They are humans, but basicly just super powerful humans inpower armor. 

more or less they purity seals

Well they are also female and feel fear. GW get on those female stormcast please and thank you. 

I have never been a fan of Space Marines, so I only ever want to be them when I have had enough of rubbishy armour saves across my own troops. Had a recent stint in Blood Angels, but I think thats as close as I am ever going to get using the Stormcast I have from the starter box xD

Whilst I like the uniformity of the Stormcast and I would probably enjoy painting them (seen as I liked panting Sanguinary guard), they just reek a bit of bland for me.

I'm really psyched about Stormcast, they've actually got me a little bit excited about painting (and getting back into the hobby, painting was the one thing I was really dreading :$). Before I put everything together from the starter set, I was leaning towards taking up arms with the minions of Chaos, but having seen how nice the Stormcast models are, and having now (finally) got around to base coating a test Liberator and Bloodreaver, I know which one I'm having more fun with! Awesome models for me as somebody who hasn't painted in years - nice and simple, but with added depth that I can delve into as I gain confidence and get better with practice :D 

Have also started reading the Black Library novels now as well in a desperate bid to get up to date with all the fluff, and the Stormcast stuff is awesome, a lot more depth to the characters than I was expecting, love the way their Reforging is handled and really excited to see where certain things are going to lead :) 

I've been enjoying doing conversions and making head-cannon for the results.  For instance, I cobbled together a Retributor-Prime out of a Prosecutor-Prime head, Liberator-Prime body, and Retributor hammer.  In my head-cannon, he started out as a Prosecutor-Prime with Grandhammer but his entire Chamber was roasted by Hellcannon fire, and when they lightning-bolted back to Azyr most of their gear was warped and ruined.  His wings were crisped and destroyed.  He was so mad and he recovered from being reborn almost instantly, so they had to cobble together armour and a weapon out of whatever they could scrape together from the shattered remnants and send him back to the front on foot.

I don't remember what author said this but on a fairly recent podcast one of the Black Library authors said that the Stormcast aren't Age of Sigmars Space Marines. What they are modeled after in fact is Chaos Warriors. They are Chaos Warriors for Order and I love them. I played Warriors in 8th and didn't like the Stormcast when I first saw them but after reading Gates of Azyr through Call of Archaon (so far), I was sold. Now I have quite a few hundred dollars of Stormcast.

4 hours ago, Forgebellows said:

I don't remember what author said this but on a fairly recent podcast one of the Black Library authors said that the Stormcast aren't Age of Sigmars Space Marines. What they are modeled after in fact is Chaos Warriors...

It was Gav Thorpe on Heelanhammer episode 152

I fell in love with Stormcast since the Starter Set released. I'm crazy about anything gold (to the point painting my High Elves army all gold). So I decided to start collecting and try to build the largest Stormcast Eternal army in the neighbourhood. I'm not 40K player (though having some Tau) so I don't give a *** to "Sigmarine" and else.

But what I think people hate it (especially 8th ed players) is that they are seemingly overpower and put their old models to a shame, which I think is not true. And also Stormcast is like a symbol of the Age of Sigmar, which many already hate.

Been putting together a hallowed knights army to compliment my hammers of sigmar for the season of war, and painting them silver instead of the gold is suprisingly satisfying.  Was expecting more of a "ugh more liberators to paint" kind of feel.  Excited to see what that last chamber they haven't unlocked contains.

14 hours ago, Mikester1487 said:

Been putting together a hallowed knights army to compliment my hammers of sigmar for the season of war, and painting them silver instead of the gold is suprisingly satisfying.  Was expecting more of a "ugh more liberators to paint" kind of feel.  Excited to see what that last chamber they haven't unlocked contains.

I know what you mean. I was expecting the Liberators to be boring but actually that's what I want to add most to my force! Those guys are cool

I've been working on the starter set Stormcast and they are indeed a joy to paint. They take the airbrush very well. I've gone for the 'classic' gold look because of the awesome box art. The gold also makes them pop on the table like nothing else. Five stars!

Archived