2000 pt Stormcast list

ronin_cse

Hi all! Well after getting some good advice on my topic on must take Stormcast units I'm ready to start list building! This is what I am thinking of taking to the 2017 LVO event in February. I know it's super early and the handbook isn't even technically out yet, but I'm just too excited about it to wait and I want to have a good idea of what I want to build towards. Anyways please let me know what you all think and I'll post my thoughts on why I chose specific models after:

HEROES

Celestant-Prime (360)

Knight Vexillor (200) - Pennant of the Stormbringer

Lord Castellant (100)

UNITS

Paladin Retributors x 10 (440)

Liberators x 10 (200) - Warhammer & Shield - Grandblades : 0 - Grandhammers : 0

Liberators x 5 (100) - Warblades - Grandblades : 1 - Grandhammers : 0

Liberators x 5 (100) - Warhammers - Grandblades : 0 - Grandhammers : 1

Judicators x 5 (160) - Skybolt Bows - Shockbolt Bow : 1 - Thunderbolt Crossbow : 0

Judicators x 5 (160) - Skybolt Bows - Shockbolt Bow : 1 - Thunderbolt Crossbow : 0

Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers x 3 (100)

FORMATIONS

Thunderhead Brotherhood (80)

WOUNDS: 115 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

Ok so the Celestant-Prime is there mostly because I already have the model and I like him. He seems like a pretty powerful unit with decent range and probably helps with most lists. The other two heroes are there to support the Retributors and their teleport bomb. I am considering switching the Castellant for an on foot Celestant though as the list doesn't have a special command ability and the Celestant would help the rest of the army.

The Retributors are there to destroy something with the Vexillor teleport, consensus seems to be that out of everything that is the main must take in the army. After that I have a Thunderhead Brotherhood. This is the main thing I am not sure of. Taking 3 units of Liberators is quite a big ask, but it will really help me hold objectives and will definitely increase the durability of my Judicators. In case anyone doesn't know the formation consists of 3 units of Liberators, 2 of Judicators and if ranged weapons are shot over the liberators at the judicators their save is increased by 1. I could save 380 points by dropping the formation and dropping 3 units of liberators though which would let me field more Paladins or take some Dracoth riders. Finally I have the prosecutors in there for a fast unit that can cap objectives and/or harrass enemies. I don't really know what the missions will look like but a fast unit like this always tends to be a good choice.

Oh and finally I'm doing this under the assumption that the Stormcast will get command abilities and artifacts before then so I would like to stay mono-Stormcast. If that doesn't happen I may take a wizard or something else later.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to hearing people's thoughts!

I think it's hero light.

Like the celestant prime's gimick is hiding for a number of turns. The Vexillor you have to hide so that he's alive to get the teleport combo off. Leaves the Castellant.

Any scenario that asks for heroes to control objectives or do anything like that might be tough?

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

I think it's hero light.

Like the celestant prime's gimick is hiding for a number of turns. The Vexillor you have to hide so that he's alive to get the teleport combo off. Leaves the Castellant.

Any scenario that asks for heroes to control objectives or do anything like that might be tough?

Hero light huh? Here I was worried I had too many heroes ;). What would you suggest I add in? Should I go all out with a Celestant on a Stardrake? A Lord-Celestant on foot or on a Dracoth?

At least one of the Battleplans requires heroes to capture. Unfortunately, Stormcast don't have a great option here (a rock of a hero) unless you want to go all in on a Stardrake. If you do that, then his command ability is limited to Excelsis dudes.

1 minute ago, Nico said:

At least one of the Battleplans requires heroes to capture. Unfortunately, Stormcast don't have a great option here (a rock of a hero) unless you want to go all in on a Stardrake. If you do that, then his command ability is limited to Excelsis dudes.

What about a celestant on a dracoth? Obviously he isn't in the same league as Archaeon and such but still fairly durable

3 hours ago, ronin_cse said:

Hero light huh? Here I was worried I had too many heroes ;). What would you suggest I add in? Should I go all out with a Celestant on a Stardrake? A Lord-Celestant on foot or on a Dracoth?

I made a crazy list elsewhere with both mounted lord celestants figuring they would be tough and threatening buuuut thats so many points (820)!

What I do like are the cheapo lord relictor, knight venator, Knight heraldor and Knight azyros. They are relatively cheap too!

The winged ones are pretty nice for captures.

That 24 inch no run bubble is hard to pass up with a celestant on a Dracoth.  His Sigmarite thunder shield is also something to laugh maniacally about if you shine the lantern on him for the 2 up save. Other than that a venator or azryos knight could be valuable for that point hold you mentioned. 

Archived