Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mortarch_of_Night

Best Decks for all Warbands

I mean, how do you decide what neutral cards to include? Just randomly draw some? Omit some faction specific cards?

Who do you often play Shadespire with? Are they ok with this setup?

Just got the core set for this game. Will take some advice from this thread to build some balanced decks and try to get some friends into the game as well.

This is the OP (forgot log-in details!);

I have been working on balanced decks for all 12 warbands out of one set of cards, the results are below. I've tried to give stronger cards to the 'weaker' warbands. I have used cards from both core sets, all warbands, Echoes of Glory and the Leaders deck.

Anything for a particular warband you think I've missed, let me know as feedback would be very welcome!

Steelheart's Champions

Garrek's Reavers

Ironskull's Boyz

Sepulchral Guard

Spiteclaw's Swarm

The Chosen Axes

The Farstriders

Magore's Fiends

Stormsire's Cursebreakers

Thorns of the Briar Queen

The Eyes of the Nine

Zarbag's Gitz

• Like 5

@prawnking, I know it's asking much, but do you maybe plan to prepare such decks for the new warbands as well (Godsworn Hunt and Mollog's Mob)? Because it would be really awesome, if you did - I played with your decks last weeks and they make things so much more convenient when you only have a single set of cards, plus they are really competitive and thought-out.

I'd already done this and literally finished this weekend! All old warbands tweaked with new cards too.

Bear in mind that these aren't tournament-winning, optimised decks; they're just to give each warband a fair chance of doing well and boosting some of the weaker ones with the most powerful cards. I wanted to give each warband a distinct personality too.  I also experimented his with a Cursebreaker's Katophrane deck as those cards were just wasting away doing nothing in my collection haha

Comments, suggestions and omissions gladly accepted!

Steelheart's Champions

Garrek's Reavers

Ironskull's Boyz

Sepulchral Guard

Spiteclaw's Swarm

The Chosen Axes

The Farstriders

Magore's Fiends

Stormsire's Cursebreakers

Thorns of the Briar Queen

The Eyes of the Nine

Zarbag's Gitz

Godsworn Hunt

Mollog's Mob

• Like 3

Thanks for doing this. I always point people to this thread when I see them asking about making a deck for each warband from a single collection. You're saving a lot of people from a lot of work and getting them into the game quicker!